Can I use DH's Seapass Card ?

To me, it would only be sharing if both would be using the package which is not the case. Only one person would be.

anbd for a lot of us we interpreted: (DH goes the bar most often) as it being HIM who was going to be doing the bulk of the drinking and she would only occasionally grab a drink while he is off elsewhere.

If SHE is the one going to be using the package most then it needs to be in HER name. period. as to whereher or not HE can grab HER drink (on the package) at the same time he BUYS his own, without her being within sight of the bartender, who knows.

as many people have said.. one person with TWO cards with the package attached usually have no issue getting 2 drinks esp if they are in the same cabin.

Ok I hadn't thought of this - this may be a problem for us - we planned to purchase 4 bev packages for our cabin-

me - the basic alcohol one

DH - the beer and wine one

both DD's the replenish one

Problem 1

Now I have MS so my husband would go to the bar for me and usually our dd's (although they can go with him if needed). but me walking and carrying a drink about :eek:

Problem 2

One DD is diabetic and if she go lowish my DH or other DD would run and get a

non diet drink for her - if just at the start of a low this drink can be a treat smoothie or frozen drink (she can only have them if she is low) - but she would not go and get it as she would be seated with me to wait in case her bloods go any lower. Will my DH not be able to do this (my other DD is not always about all the time for her to run with her card)

Now not sure the drinks packages will work for us :confused:

Edited by fragilek

anbd for a lot of us we interpreted: (DH goes the bar most often) as it being HIM who was going to be doing the bulk of the drinking and she would only occasionally grab a drink while he is off elsewhere.

I see the confusion now. In her initial post, she specified, "We do not intend on sharing the package".

To me, it would only be sharing if both would be using the package which is not the case. Only one person would be.

Really doesn't matter what it would seem to be to you or me or anyone else. According to the Cruise line policy it is sharing.

I don't understand what is so hard about it to understand. If a package is on my card, even if I bought it with the intent that the drinks are only for my wife, how does a bartender know that? Why should they trust me that I won't have any? It's easy to say "but I wouldn't do that", but that doesn't matter. There is a pretty clearly stated policy on the matter and it isn't my impression that it's open to broad interpretation.

The original question was, can someone use a different persons card to get a drink, the answer is that according to the written policy you cannot because this is considered sharing a beverage package. Doesn't matter your intentions or your feelings or anything else.

Ok I hadn't thought of this - this may be a problem for us - we planned to purchase 4 bev packages for our cabin-

Problem 1

Now I have MS so my husband would go to the bar for me and usually our dd's (although they can go with him if needed). but me walking and carrying a drink about :eek:

Problem 2

non diet drink for her - if just at the start of a low this drink can be a treat smoothie or frozen drink (she can only have them if she is low) - but she would not go and get it as she would be seated with me to wait in case her bloods go any lower. Will my DH not be able to do this (my other DD is not always about all the time for her to run with her card)

If all 4 of you are getting a package, then I wouldn't worry who is getting what on each card, assuming that you won't be getting any alcoholic drinks for your DD's. Quibbling over which Seapass to use would a difference without a distinction, IMO.:)

I hadn't intended on addressing this issue again but considering so many are interested I will spend a little more time here.

Firstly, I'm not sure how clearer than stating ' we do not intend on sharing the package' I should have been so that people would understand that well, we do not intend on sharing the package. Many people grasped my post perfectly well so I really don't think there is any problem with my grasp of English.

It doesn't matter who go gets the drinks. If they buy ONE package and put it on a card that person can get drinks for THEMSELF. If they stop, or go to a bar/shop and get a drink for someone else they are sharing the package. You can spin it any way you want...it is still sharing.

This isn't rocket science people. Being honest is easy if you want to be honest.

verb (used with object), shared, shar·ing.

to divide and distribute in shares; apportion.

Source http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sharing?s=t

So no, again, we would not be sharing. For now, I will disregard your intimation of me being a dishonest person but will consider contacting a moderator on this site to discuss same.

I think the biggest mistake was explaining why I might want to use my DH's seapass. I really should have just asked if anyone had experience of using their partners seapass card on board.

Finally, there may be a myriad of different reasons as to why an individual may not easily go to the bar for themselves. It's just a shame that it seems one must disclose every personal detail here on CC so as to avoid being branded dishonest.

As always, I would like to take the time to sincerely thank those who addressed my query and who are always so willing to give clear non- judgmental information.

Catherine

Problem 1

Problem 2

I hope this thread can be of some assistance to you and whether you decide to go with the packages or not I wish you a great cruise.

someone can clearly state that they do not intend on sharing a package, and then not know they are technically sharing a package.

this is why many were confused. i can see it now though and all i can say is i can see the same package for every cabin being brought back as this stuff will go on i see.

so maybe i use my sons package and say he is sick in his room i want to bring him a soda. (how does the bartender know im telling the truth)

OP, no one can answer your question as your cruise has not taken place yet. Every cruise, ship, and even bar can be different each week. Buy your package, take your cruise, and you will be able to answer your own question

I hadn't intended on addressing this issue again but considering so many are interested I will spend a little more time here.

Firstly, I'm not sure how clearer than stating ' we do not intend on sharing the package' I should have been so that people would understand that well, we do not intend on sharing the package. Many people grasped my post perfectly well so I really don't think there is any problem with my grasp of English.

verb (used with object), shared, shar·ing.

to divide and distribute in shares; apportion.

Source http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sharing?s=t

So no, again, we would not be sharing. For now, I will disregard your intimation of me being a dishonest person but will consider contacting a moderator on this site to discuss same.

I think the biggest mistake was explaining why I might want to use my DH's seapass. I really should have just asked if anyone had experience of using their partners seapass card on board.

Finally, there may be a myriad of different reasons as to why an individual may not easily go to the bar for themselves. It's just a shame that it seems one must disclose every personal detail here on CC so as to avoid being branded dishonest.

As always, I would like to take the time to sincerely thank those who addressed my query and who are always so willing to give clear non- judgmental information.

Catherine

Do you need any assistance in contacting them?

If you have read all the post you will see that many did not grasp all the details. There is no need to disclose personal details...just be clear. If you are physically unable to go to the counter (be it at a bar, coffee shop, etc.) then simply stating that you DH would be getting you a drink when he goes PURCHASE his drink because you have limitations would have made it much easier to grasp. Of course, that would beg the question of how you would accomplish getting a specialty coffee while he is exercising but that is a different discussion.

I also think that you fail to grasp what many are hinting at, namely that there would be nothing to prevent your DH from getting himself a drink on the package since it would be on his card.

Feel free to correct any grammer mis-steps you may find. However, if I remember correctly from high school we were told never to use "First" or "Firstly" if there was not going to be a "Second" or "Secondly". But for me high school was before dirt was invented so the rules of grammar may have changed.

The poor woman just wants a coffee and her husband usually gets her drinks for her. She wasn't intending to be dishonest at all. :(

Catherine, I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your using one credit card to pay all your bills from your cruise, then you either use your own Sea Pass Card to purchase the package or your husband puts it on his Sea Pass Card, either way your paying for it at the end, but you can't use the other persons Sea pass card to purchase something for yourself. I bought something in the store and DH wanted a coffee mug so we put the entire purchase on my Sea pass Card since I was making the purchase for myself. The individual purchases on board showed up on our own print outsheet at the end of the cruise.

I don't understand why you think you would have to disclose any personal details to anyone here. Definitions from Webster not withstanding, using a card other than your own is against policy. See below from RCI. relevant text is in red.

"When ordering a selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package code or sticker to your server. Packages are subject to the terms of Royal Caribbean International alcohol policy and must be used for personal consumption only."

The poor woman just wants a coffee and her husband usually gets her drinks for her. She wasn't intending to be dishonest at all. :(

Catherine, I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you very much Jenhem, we certainly intend to. I am busy at the moment trying to decide on which restaurant in Cinque Terre that we will eat in - now that's a real problem ;)

Catherine

p.s is that your doggy in the picture, he is just so adorably cute.

Edited by Irish Cath

the best way imo because it will all depend on the bar and ship if you can use your hubbies card, is for it to be on your card and when he goes to the bar for both your drinks then he just says its for you and you be within sight of the bar.

also you do know a waiter can bring drinks to you from around the ship right?, like the pool decks and atrium's.

Thank you very much Jenhem, we certainly intend to. I am busy at the moment trying to decide on which restaurant in Cinque Terre that we will eat in - now that's a real problem ;)

Catherine

p.s if that your doggy in the picture, he is just so adorably cute.

will you be ordering 2 meals or just one with 2 forks? :p

On our last cruise, my husband bought the $40/day Beer package and received a sticker on his Sea pass Card, now if we were together & I wanted a coke, he could use his card w/ sticker to buy his beer under the purchased package and buy me a coke, the only charge that will show up on his statment for all his charges, was my coke. He went down from our room One day and accidently grabbed my card on the desk instead of his and had to come up and get his own card.

Feel free to correct any grammer mis-steps you may find. However, if I remember correctly from high school we were told never to use "First" or "Firstly" if there was not going to be a "Second" or "Secondly". But for me high school was before dirt was invented so the rules of grammar may have changed.

Seriously? The OP came here and asked a (for most of us) reasonable question. I really wish that we could all be supportive of one another enjoy the fact that we all share a love of cruising.

Cruise Critic policy:

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Edited by galavant3

Seriously? The OP came here and asked a (for most of us) reasonable question. I really wish that we could all be supportive of one another enjoy the fact that we all share a love of cruising.

i think it was wrong for some to assume she was being dishonest. however can you blame many of us for not fully understanding the way she worded it? also she still didnt make it clear why her husband goes to the bar for her drinks but when he is busy she can get them herself.

Cruise Critic policy:

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Is it safe to assume you also intended the bold print for the OP? After all, she was the one that started correcting grammar.

The drink package is for her. It's going on her husbands card because he's the one who physically goes to get the drinks.

if it is for her it needs to be on HER sea pass. doesn't matter who is going to get the drinks. no one here can say with 100% certainty whether her husband can get drinks using her sea pass if she is not within eyesight of the bartender.

more than once I have had to wave when DH points me out to the BT.