Can I use DH's Seapass Card ?

I intend on getting the royal replenish package for my upcoming cruise. I will probably book it in DH's name as he is the one that goes to the bar most often ! ( We do not intend on sharing the package ). My question is if I want to get a speciality coffee or bottle of water while he is at the gym can I use his card ?

Cheers !

Catherine

I intend on getting the royal replenish package for my upcoming cruise. I will probably book it in DH's name as he is the one that goes to the bar most often ! ( We do not intend on sharing the package ). My question is if I want to get a speciality coffee or bottle of water while he is at the gym can I use his card ?

Cheers !

Catherine

Using his card to get yourself a beverage is sharing the package. I don't know what your luck will be attempting that since the card will have his name on it. Not sharing would be each of you buying a package and then using your own card.

Hate to sound a little nasty - but doesn't that specialty coffee or bottle of water mean you are sharing his card?

To answer your actual question - no. If they scan the card when you order they will see that you are not your husband. DH used my card in one of the shops on our last cruise and the clerk did a double take. ;)

Edited by temple1

no you may not as only HE can use it as it is in his name. furthermore they are embedded with a picture. so unless you look exactly like him....

and sorry but what you want to do IS 'sharing' if the beverage is not intended for the person the package was purchased, that is technically against policy and they may decide to make an example.. by canceling the package completely with no refund.

and before people come screaming on here swearing up one side and down the other that it's only one coffee, or that who cares if you want to do it, it's your vacation, and every other argument telling you it's okay..

doesn't matter. only you can decide if Integrity matters to you. if everyone cheated even just one drink a cruise, eventually they will go back to making EVERYONE in the cabin being forced to purchase it. or worse, dropping the options altogether.

and before people come screaming on here swearing up one side and down the other that it's only one coffee, or that who cares if you want to do it, it's your vacation, and every other argument telling you it's okay..

Perhaps I haven't looked hard enough, who says these things?

and sorry but what you want to do IS 'sharing' if the beverage is not intended for the person the package was purchased, that is technically against policy and they may decide to make an example.. by canceling the package completely with no refund.

They more than likely would just refuse the purchase and indicate that her husband needs to buy it instead.

doesn't matter. only you can decide if Integrity matters to you..

Good grief. Yes people shouldn't be "sharing", but lighten up a little.....:rolleyes:

I understand your question since my husband does the same thing...he will go to the bar and get my drink.

Perhaps if you put the package on your card, your husband can take your card when he gets you a drink.

Keep in mind, most times a waiter will take your order so it won't be a problem.

no you may not as only HE can use it as it is in his name. furthermore they are embedded with a picture. so unless you look exactly like him....

doesn't matter. only you can decide if Integrity matters to you. if everyone cheated even just one drink a cruise, eventually they will go back to making EVERYONE in the cabin being forced to purchase it. or worse, dropping the options altogether.

Maybe just a bit of an over reaction??? Did you read the OP's post? It clearly states they will not be sharing the package.

In so much as the husband will be out and about more often her intent is to have him pick up her drink and take it to her. Not share the card.

OP...Chances are you will not be allowed to utilize his card.

Edited by looking4info

I understand your question since my husband does the same thing...he will go to the bar and get my drink.

Perhaps if you put the package on your card, your husband can take your card when he gets you a drink.

Keep in mind, most times a waiter will take your order so it won't be a problem.

Same situation - he will not be allowed to use her card.

Maybe just a bit of an over reaction??? Did you read the OP's post? It clearly states they will not be sharing the package.

In so much as the husband will be out and about more often her intent is to have him pick up her drink and take it to her. Not share the card.

Exactly. They will be purchasing ONE card to be used by ONE person. To me, it is a legitimate question since my husband does the same thing - goes to the bar for my drink (and his).

Bottom line is we don't really know and it will likely depend on the ship and bartender. If you frequent the same bar, the bartender will get to know you and you'll probably have more success.

The one thing we seem to agree on is to put the package in your name.

Odds are it won't work, although not because he has the package. The bartenders don't cross check against other people in your room (that I have seen), so it is really just an issue with the card not being yours.

You never know until you try of course, so go for it.

Edited by JasonV1

You must have inferred something that I didn't, she clearly stated, "While he is at the gym, can I use his card?" So she isn't asking can her husband go get a drink, it's can she use his card while he is not around.

The answer is that the policy is for the package to be used by and for the person who's card it is attached to. Anything else would be regarded as sharing the package.

The bartenders (or any other ship vendors) don't know who ultimately is getting the drink, only who is attempting to purchase it and with what card.

Technically, he will not be able to use her card just as she will not be able to use his card, regardless of which card the package is attached to or where the drink is going.

Whether or not a given bartender enforces that strictly is not the question. The question is whether or not she can use his card, and conversely, can he use hers for a purchase - and in both cases the answer is technically no.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Cheers !

Catherine

Wouldn't he have is card with him at the Gym? So to me his card wouldn't be available for you to use while he is working out.

Cheers !

Catherine

You must have inferred something that I didn't, she clearly stated, "While he is at the gym, can I use his card?" So she isn't asking can her husband go get a drink, it's can she use his card while he is not around.

The answer is that the policy is for the package to be used by and for the person who's card it is attached to. Anything else would be regarded as sharing the package.

Yes, the question was "can I use his card while he is at the gym". She clearly stated why she wanted to put it in his name (see hilited red) and also clearly states they will not be sharing the package. I was addressing the "you can't share" answers as that was never the intent of the OP or part of the question but it was addressed multiple times even with the OP stating they would not share.

I also stated that chances are she will not be allowed to utilize his card.

Not sharing if only one person is drinking the drinks.

Edited by looking4info

Wouldn't he have is card with him at the Gym? So to me his card wouldn't be available for you to use while he is working out.

no he wouldnt have to have it at the gym. the point though is his pic and name will be attached to that card and package, and this would be sharing it.

Yes, the question was "can I use his card while he is at the gym". She clearly stated why she wanted to put it in his name (see hilited red) and also clearly states they will not be sharing the package. I was addressing the "you can't share" answers as that was never the intent of the OP or part of the question but it was addressed multiple times even with the OP stating they would not share.

I also stated that chances are she will not be allowed to utilize his card.

Not sharing if only one person is drinking the drinks.

Then they would still be sharing unless he never orders any drink covered by that package for himself, if he did order it the bartender would certainly see the package and correctly apply it.

getting a beverage that is on a package on a different persons card is the definition of "sharing" in this context. It doesn't matter if the other person uses it for themselves or not.

ETA: If the husband is going to the bar that often to justify putting the package on his card, perhaps he should have his own package.

Edited by Sitzmark

Cheers !

Catherine

Unless she intends (as indicated in red as well) for the "specialty coffee or bottle of water while he is at the gym" to be for him afterwards - at which point he could just buy it for himself when he comes out - it would seem as though the OP (intending to or not) would in fact be sharing the package if the beverage is for her.

But either way it doesn't matter - as previously addressed - since she can't technically use his card for the purchase anyway. (Nor he use hers). Which IMO kind of makes the whole issue moot. :)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Is he not having a package, and going to the bar to purchase his drink and bring you back one on your package? No, don't think that would work. Get the package on your card and have him take it with him when he purchases one on his card. My husband and I both get the Premium Package. We take turns getting our drinks. Whichever one goes to the bar, takes both sea passes, and gets two drinks. Never had a problem.

If you truly don't plan to share the package then why not put it in your name and have him carry your card as well? Since you don't plan to share then I would assume you would be in sight of your husband/bartender in most circumstances (pool potentially being a notable exception if he goes to the bar rather than utilize wait service). He could just point to you and indicate the second drink is for you. Just a thought.

Wow , I am surprised to see such a quantity of replies in a relatively short period. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to do so.

Many have been very helpful in answering my original question.

All the best,

Catherine