Can I use DH's Seapass Card ?

Is it safe to assume you also intended the bold print for the OP? After all, she was the one that started correcting grammar.

I can't even believe I have participated in this thread and am quite disappointed in myself for doing so. Apologies to anyone that I might have offended.

Perhaps I don't understand as well as some. When DH is elsewhere on the ship and I want a drink, I give the person my card and purchase a beverage.

It was never made clear as to why her DH got her drinks.

I hadn't intended on addressing this issue again but considering so many are interested I will spend a little more time here.

Firstly, I'm not sure how clearer than stating ' we do not intend on sharing the package' I should have been so that people would understand that well, we do not intend on sharing the package. Many people grasped my post perfectly well so I really don't think there is any problem with my grasp of English.

In case you hadn't noticed, many other people did not grasp your post perfectly, so perhaps it wasn't as clear as you seem to think it was.

I dunno, perhaps I'm not reading it the same as others - but sounds to me like she would like to use his card to get her beverage of choice. So my question, if they do not plan to share the card, why would she need to use his to "get" her beverage? Now, what is not posted is if she plans to tell the person in the coffee shop or at the bar to please "charge" the beverage to her husband's card.

from what we gather, her hubby likes to get her ,her drinks at the bar so she thinks it may be better for the package to be in his name since there will be only one getting the package. however if they do that, when he is at the gym or away can she use his card to get the drinks? my thought is why have it in his name if "he isnt going to use the package for himself" and she is able to get her own when he is away.

from what we gather, her hubby likes to get her ,her drinks at the bar so she thinks it may be better for the package to be in his name since there will be only one getting the package. however if they do that, when he is at the gym or away can she use his card to get the drinks? my thought is why have it in his name if "he isnt going to use the package for himself" and she is able to get her own when he is away.

as you can see - I went back and read the OP's actual reason for her question and I edited my post to indicate the better explanation. Although fool me - I thought the OP meant one of the alcohol based packages. Have to laugh at which direction my mind goes. ;)

as you can see - I went back and read the OP's actual reason for her question and I edited my post to indicate the better explanation. Although fool me - I thought the OP meant one of the alcohol based packages. Have to laugh at which direction my mind goes. ;)

lol oh its not you , most of us are guessing and a little confused.

Lets look at this from a logical persons view, The card is in my name....I go get a drink at the bar.....I take it back to the table and give it to some one else....(wife, GF, who ever)......any one watching (Bar tender, waiter, other guests, etc........Any normal person would see this as sharing.......Get a grip. Get your drink package in your own name. Let a bar server get your drinks and give your poor husband a break.

I really hope your not suggesting I bring on a coffee maker , that would be breaking the rules :D;)

I believe that you will have a kettle in your room, with the ability to make either tea or coffee.

:)

Thank you very much Jenhem, we certainly intend to. I am busy at the moment trying to decide on which restaurant in Cinque Terre that we will eat in - now that's a real problem ;)

Catherine

p.s is that your doggy in the picture, he is just so adorably cute.

Thanks! She's a good girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This thread is just getting stupid - OP - long story short - unless you get lucky - you will NOT be able to use your husbands sea pass card should you decide to put the package in his name if he is not the one getting the drink .

I think this should answer your question.

Am I the only one who thinks this "might" be a question about how to get around the rules? None of us really know anyone's intentions and asking the question OP did makes it sound a bit off to me. Of course because she said they don't intend to share the package, it must be true.

It really doesn't matter as her sea pass is to be used by her and her DH's is to be used by him. There's a reason there are pictures on them besides for getting on and off the ship.:rolleyes:

Hey, so this brings up a question for me. Dh and I are both getting the drink package. If he's headed up to the bar to get a drink and I'm being totally lazy and don't want to get up, can he take my sea pass card and get a drink for me while he's getting his?

Hey, so this brings up a question for me. Dh and I are both getting the drink package. If he's headed up to the bar to get a drink and I'm being totally lazy and don't want to get up, can he take my sea pass card and get a drink for me while he's getting his?

Yes.

If 2 cards are taken to bar, one of which is the person at the bar, 2 drinks can be gotten. DH and I both did this a few times. Assuming both have the drinks package.

Edited by akcruz

The key here is how the cruise line would look at this.

The package is in his name. He gets drink and then hands it to her - in the truest definition of the cruise line that is sharing - no way around it.

There has been much anecdotal evidence that if the package is in her name DH can still get her drinks as long as she is within sight (done this myself before w/soda card) that this is the best alternative.

JMHO

Just as a side note, and just in response to some of the other questions raised on this thread: It is my understanding from other threads that if you buy two drinks within a short period of time that they may charge you for one, and other posters (on other threads) have said that they needed to go to the service desk to dispute the charge. This is what I have heard as the way they police people buying drinks for two.

Haven't had a package myself, and it sounds very convoluted. Interesting to see all the information though for future reference. That is why I read these threads, to try to learn some info. One thing I often learn is that the tone on most threads can deteriorate very quickly, very often!

Just off the Oasis a few weeks ago and did not see any evidence of a time limit between drinks (I used mine twice within minutes...don't judge me :)...the bar was crowded the night of the beach party on deck and I had to take them when I could get them) or getting a drink with someone's card. We were not sharing, but often times one person would go to the bar with like 3 or 4 cards (all of which had the package) and get the drinks for the 3 or 4. And often this was done without the bar being with sight of our party. Never once got turned away.

Just off the Oasis a few weeks ago and did not see any evidence of a time limit between drinks (I used mine twice within minutes...don't judge me :)...the bar was crowded the night of the beach party on deck and I had to take them when I could get them) or getting a drink with someone's card. We were not sharing, but often times one person would go to the bar with like 3 or 4 cards (all of which had the package) and get the drinks for the 3 or 4. And often this was done without the bar being with sight of our party. Never once got turned away.

3 or 4 cards and 3 or 4 drinks is no problem. It's 2 drinks, 1 card that is considered "sharing."

I'm not sure why I would need to address what anyone has said that was not directly in response to my question, if others wish to go off topic, that's nothing to do with me.

I'm confident enough in my own moral values not to have to respond to anyone that questions my integrity, particularly on an internet forum. If people wish to become irritated by the belief that myself and DH intend spending our vacation travelling between bars taking it in turns to fill up on coffee, water and fizzy drinks then that's their issue to deal with and not mine to cajole.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Happy Cruising everyone,

Catherine

You go Girl!!!! Totally agree with this. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

3 or 4 cards and 3 or 4 drinks is no problem. It's 2 drinks, 1 card that is considered "sharing."

Yes, you are correct, that is sharing (and I am not the sharing police, so I could careless if people share their card). But the OP was asking if she would get turned away while using her husbands card while he was else where. So my point was that it didn't matter to the bartender what name was on the card, as long as there was one card for every drink.

Now that they have altered the rules where one can buy a package and the other one doesnt, how on earth will they police it? Are they relying on moral values?

Say Hubbie buys a beer, then ten mind later goes and gets me wine? Please note I'm not going to do this its far too much hassle (and I will be drinking cocktails anyway). I suppose they think most people will be honest souls. :eek:

By what I've seen in the last 10 years, very few honest souls left in the US. :(