Can I use DH's Seapass Card ?

Is he not having a package, and going to the bar to purchase his drink and bring you back one on your package? No, don't think that would work. Get the package on your card and have him take it with him when he purchases one on his card. My husband and I both get the Premium Package. We take turns getting our drinks. Whichever one goes to the bar, takes both sea passes, and gets two drinks. Never had a problem.

Likely because you both have the package and it is indicated as such with both cards, so that negates any issue of sharing, which is the concern with a non beverage package spouse using the card of the spouse who has the package.

I too have seen your situation in practice as well.

Now that they have altered the rules where one can buy a package and the other one doesnt, how on earth will they police it? Are they relying on moral values?

Say Hubbie buys a beer, then ten mind later goes and gets me wine? Please note I'm not going to do this its far too much hassle (and I will be drinking cocktails anyway). I suppose they think most people will be honest souls. :eek:

Now that they have altered the rules where one can buy a package and the other one doesnt, how on earth will they police it? Are they relying on moral values?

Say Hubbie buys a beer, then ten mind later goes and gets me wine? Please note I'm not going to do this its far too much hassle (and I will be drinking cocktails anyway). I suppose they think most people will be honest souls. :eek:

its hard to police it if the one that has the package goes and gets the drinks. however im sure they will go to a 1 every 15 min rule of some sort soon.

its hard to police it if the one that has the package goes and gets the drinks. however im sure they will go to a 1 every 15 min rule of some sort soon.

To be honest my Hubbie doesn't look like a wine and cocktail or fine coffee drinker. I think they would catch on if he asked for a martini after ordering a pint :D

no you may not as only HE can use it as it is in his name. furthermore they are embedded with a picture. so unless you look exactly like him....

and sorry but what you want to do IS 'sharing' if the beverage is not intended for the person the package was purchased, that is technically against policy and they may decide to make an example.. by canceling the package completely with no refund.

and before people come screaming on here swearing up one side and down the other that it's only one coffee, or that who cares if you want to do it, it's your vacation, and every other argument telling you it's okay..

doesn't matter. only you can decide if Integrity matters to you. if everyone cheated even just one drink a cruise, eventually they will go back to making EVERYONE in the cabin being forced to purchase it. or worse, dropping the options altogether.

You make it sound as though RCI are doing it as a favour to their passengers. They will be doing it because it makes more financial sense, whether that's because more people find the cruise attractive or whatever. They will have done the sums and taken 'the little blighters' into consideration. Lets face it, they wouldn't have any packages at all if they were making a loss on them.

With their mark-up, I would suggest that they would rather have one package paid for, than a couple who to on a cruise and don't drink any alcohol because of the expense.

Edited by Adayatatime

Wow , I am surprised to see such a quantity of replies in a relatively short period. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to do so.

Many have been very helpful in answering my original question.

All the best,

Catherine

You really didn't address what many have written about. Aren't you by definition sharing the card, with the scenario you presented?

We were on Oasis in January with family and my ds and dbil both had the drink package and I had the replenish package and I was able to take their cards and get drinks. My DH has also been able to take my card and get me a water without a problem.

You really didn't address what many have written about. Aren't you by definition sharing the card, with the scenario you presented?

My take is that she will be drinking what hubby goes and gets for her, so rather than her having the package on her card, they'll put it on his, since he's the one who always goes to get their drinks. But if he's in the gym and she wants to get herself a drink, can she use the card with the package on it (his card) to get it?

My take is that she will be drinking what hubby goes and gets for her, so rather than her having the package on her card, they'll put it on his, since he's the one who always goes to get their drinks. But if he's in the gym and she wants to get herself a drink, can she use the card with the package on it (his card) to get it?

This is how I understood the original post as well... I also understand the response to indicate the OP is moving on.

Patty

I'm not sure why I would need to address what anyone has said that was not directly in response to my question, if others wish to go off topic, that's nothing to do with me.

I'm confident enough in my own moral values not to have to respond to anyone that questions my integrity, particularly on an internet forum. If people wish to become irritated by the belief that myself and DH intend spending our vacation travelling between bars taking it in turns to fill up on coffee, water and fizzy drinks then that's their issue to deal with and not mine to cajole.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Happy Cruising everyone,

Catherine

I'm not sure why I would need to address what anyone has said that was not directly in response to my question, if others wish to go off topic, that's nothing to do with me.

I'm confident enough in my own moral values not to have to respond to anyone that questions my integrity, particularly on an internet forum. If people wish to become irritated by the belief that myself and DH intend spending our vacation travelling between bars taking it in turns to fill up on coffee, water and fizzy drinks then that's their issue to deal with and not mine to cajole.

Happy Cruising everyone,

Catherine

:confused: so what is the intent? what was intended by the question?

:confused: so what is the intent? what was intended by the question?

She wants the package. She has no intention of sharing it. Since her husband typically gets her drinks, she wondered if it made sense to put the package on his card so that he would be able to get her drinks from the bar. If she did that, would she be able to get a beverage using his card if he wasn't around.

She already indicated that she would be the only one using the package, but that her husband would be getting drinks on her behalf.

She really doesn't want to (or need to) address the posts questioning her integrity. She already made it clear that only one person would be using the package.

This is how I understood the original post as well... I also understand the response to indicate the OP is moving on.

Patty

Thank you Patty and CntPAcruiser,

I really couldn't have put it better myself.

All the best,

Catherine :)

Edited by Irish Cath
to include names

I intend on getting the royal replenish package for my upcoming cruise. I will probably book it in DH's name as he is the one that goes to the bar most often ! ( We do not intend on sharing the package ). My question is if I want to get a speciality coffee or bottle of water while he is at the gym can I use his card ?

Cheers !

Catherine

As others have said, probably not, unless his name is "Jean" or some other name that could apply to either gender.;)

If I understand your post correctly, he would pay for his own drink (presumably with alcohol) and pick up a non-alcoholic drink for you at the same time? Would he be visiting the bars often enough to make his own alcoholic package a good deal?

She wants the package. She has no intention of sharing it. Since her husband typically gets her drinks, she wondered if it made sense to put the package on his card so that he would be able to get her drinks from the bar. If she did that, would she be able to get a beverage using his card if he wasn't around.

She already indicated that she would be the only one using the package, but that her husband would be getting drinks on her behalf.

She really doesn't want to (or need to) address the posts questioning her integrity. She already made it clear that only one person would be using the package.

thats fine, i agree no one should question her integrity however putting the package in his name ,what is to stop him from getting drinks for himself? (not that he will) this is probably why RC doesnt "allow" it . I dont get why she cant keep it in her name and then have her hubby purchase his own at the bar with her.

I dont get why she cant keep it in her name and then have her hubby purchase his own at the bar with her.

She can and she may. She was just asking the question - I'm sure thinking that others may have been in a similar situation and have first hand experience.

She can and she may. She was just asking the question - I'm sure thinking that others may have been in a similar situation and have first hand experience.

thanks for clearing it up as her question was a little confusing, she never said her hubby got her drinks at the bar, only that he goes quite often. so one was left thinking he will use that package as well. so many thought this is sharing but maybe op thought it wasnt sharing if one used it at a time, lol.

Explains things more clearly - however I don't think OP you will be able to use "his" card when he isn't around to get your drink for you - pretty simple

thanks for clearing it up as her question was a little confusing, she never said her hubby got her drinks at the bar, only that he goes quite often. so one was left thinking he will use that package as well. so many thought this is sharing but maybe op thought it wasnt sharing if one used it at a time, lol.

My wife and I act in a similar way as the OP...it's extremely rare for my wife to go to the bar herself. I usually go for her or I'm with her when she orders something. I go far more often than she does and I don't mind getting it for her even if I didn't need anything.

I'm also her personal purse onboard but that's a whole seperate topic. :p

My wife and I act in a similar way as the OP...it's extremely rare for my wife to go to the bar herself. I usually go for her or I'm with her when she orders something. I go far more often than she does and I don't mind getting it for her even if I didn't need anything.

I'm also her personal purse onboard but that's a whole seperate topic. :p

makes sense really. im just wondering how if she only had a drink package , how would they know its for her and not you.

Happy Cruising everyone,

Catherine

What you haven't seemed to realize is that your original post is a little confusing at best, and is easily misinterpreted at worst.

It's now obvious from your responses (and from other people's correct interpretation of your original post), that you are not attempting to share. But if you were to go back and re-read your original post carefully perhaps you would see why some of us (including me!) misunderstood your original question.

Yes, the question was "can I use his card while he is at the gym". She clearly stated why she wanted to put it in his name (see hilited red) and also clearly states they will not be sharing the package. I was addressing the "you can't share" answers as that was never the intent of the OP or part of the question but it was addressed multiple times even with the OP stating they would not share.

I also stated that chances are she will not be allowed to utilize his card.

Not sharing if only one person is drinking the drinks.

she wants the coffee or bottled water FOR HERSELF. the package is in HIS name,

ergo: SHARING.

It doesn't matter who go gets the drinks. If they buy ONE package and put it on a card that person can get drinks for THEMSELF. If they stop, or go to a bar/shop and get a drink for someone else they are sharing the package. You can spin it any way you want...it is still sharing.

This isn't rocket science people. Being honest is easy if you want to be honest.

Edited by TC1957

she wants the coffee or bottled water FOR HERSELF. the package is in HIS name,

ergo: SHARING.

To me, it would only be sharing if both would be using the package which is not the case. Only one person would be.

What you haven't seemed to realize is that your original post is a little confusing at best, and is easily misinterpreted at worst.

It's now obvious from your responses (and from other people's correct interpretation of your original post), that you are not attempting to share. But if you were to go back and re-read your original post carefully perhaps you would see why some of us (including me!) misunderstood your original question.

Bingo, i guess she is trying to say her husband will njot get drinks for himself on his seapass card, which seems like if he wants a bottled water or coffee ect he could do quite easily. (not implying he would)