Suite Questions

EvelynAlexa

Where do Suite guests lunch the first day?

Where is Suite lunch each day thereafter?

Do lunches and dinners have upgraded entrees?

Dedicated waiters?

When do new Suite perks begin?

What do perks include?

Thx, Alex

Dedicated waiters?

What do perks include?

Thx, Alex

Currently, there is no dedicated Suite restaurant. Suite passengers, can, however, have dinner in Blu on a space available basis in addition the the Main Dining Room and various specialty (fee) restaurants.

The new suite perks roll out April 2015 where suite passengers will have their own dedicated dining room, separate from the ship's main dining room. The link below lists the implementation date on each ship in addition to a comprehensive overview of the suite program.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

There's a new thread saying Summit has started an embarkation lunch in Normandie for suite guests, not sure if it's a test, unique to that ship, or coming to all ships yet. Seems to have started on its most recent sailing or 2. But other than that, nothing special at all and certainly nothing formally yet announced.

Suite perks start April of 2015.

Here's a good detail of questions and answers related to suite perks roll out:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

For current suite benefits, best thing to do is log in to celebrity site, find your specific ship, then see what's on offer in general then by specific suite type.

Dedicated waiters?

What do perks include?

Thx, Alex

I just got off the Summit after a b2b, and there is a new routine. On the first day, you will be invited to eat brunch at Normandie. It is very lovely, and the food is delicious. After that, you will eat with the other guests in whatever venues are open. There are no upgraded entrees, but I believe you can order room services utilizing the entire MDR menu and have it served course by course. I'm not entirely certain how this works, because I've never used room service at all. Also, there are no dedicated waiters. All of the suite perks as well as the new suite perks can be found on the Celebrity website. If you are interested in a higher, dedicated level of service, I would suggest the PH if you are sailing on the Summit. There is a butler's pantry that enables the butler to provide a higher level of service than the other suites. Also, the dining table seats 8, so you can have plenty of select company for dinner inside the stateroom or outside on its large, private deck.

Is the lunch in Normandie inclusive of Sky suites? I love all the new suite options but its getting tricky bc we have family staying in PH, SS, one in concierge, one in balcony, and two couples are elite, two aren't. Its hard to keep track of what can and cannot be done together :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Is the lunch in Normandie inclusive of Sky suites? I love all the new suite options but its getting tricky bc we have family staying in PH, SS, one in concierge, one in balcony, and two couples are elite, two aren't. Its hard to keep track of what can and cannot be done together :)

We have a similar situation this summer. We are in the PH with the kids in the connecting sky suite, my in laws in the concierge next to them and then my sister in law and her family in an ocean view at the bow. On our march break cruise, we were in the RS with the kids in the connecting concierge room and our butler told us we would be welcomed to have breakfast at Blu but the kids (age 16 and 17) couldn't join us since they weren't in a suite. So based on my experience, I am thinking we will be having room service on our balcony (not the first lunch since I would assume our butler would be a little busy trying to get to everyone else).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is it just a typo in the Celebrity FAQs that Summit (SM?) suite perks roll out on 4/4/14? Which means many of the perks are already in place with the exception of the private dining? If this is the case, then I can't wait to experience the new perks in March.

We are currently scheduled for late seating, but if they get the suite only dining set up, I guess they'll move us so we don't take up space in the MDR? I know people said that Michael's has been primarily empty, but I think DH and I will love going in there with a glass of wine to sit back and read if we want. Only thing that might make Michael's better in that regard would be if there were windows to sit and watch the world go by in between chapters! :)

We just got off Eclypse and yes perks have started.

For CS, RS and PH on Eclypse they had Michaels Club available 24 hours a day for drinks. Some appetizers but nothing to really write home about. The Club was not used all that much in fact we only went 3 times in 13 days since our parents who traveled with us did not have a suite.

2 Bottles of booze with mixers, 2 nights in specialty Resteraunt. Reserved seating in theater on formal nights. All the benefits that Elite plus get also.

Suites are nice but we will still shop the cabin $$$$ first.

Is it just a typo in the Celebrity FAQs that Summit (SM?) suite perks roll out on 4/4/14?

Yes that's a typo. Perks roll out in April 2015 for all ships. Its been discussed and conformed by X in another thread.

We just got off Eclypse and yes perks have started.

For CS, RS and PH on Eclypse they had Michaels Club available 24 hours a day for drinks.

2 Bottles of booze with mixers, 2 nights in specialty Resteraunt. Reserved seating in theater on formal nights. All the benefits that Elite plus get also.

Michaels Club lounge as a concierge loung started this year and also includes Zeniths and VIP's So far this is the only new suite perk being offered.

The 2 bottles of booze in cabin in higher category suites and 2 specialty dining on longer cruises (only 1 on shorter, and none on 5 nights or fewer) have been in place for quite some time, perhaps more than 2 years now. Reserved seating has also been around for some time.

Same with elite coupons - though not a WRITTEN guaranteed benefit, most report getting the coupons, but some have not received them. Seems to be given discretionally by the Hotel Director.

Just wanted to clarify so new suite cruisers don't expect anything not guaranteed yet.

Edited by cle-guy

Is it just a typo in the Celebrity FAQs that Summit (SM?) suite perks roll out on 4/4/14? Which means many of the perks are already in place with the exception of the private dining? If this is the case, then I can't wait to experience the new perks in March.

We're making that correction now. Thank you!

Yes that's a typo. Perks roll out in April 2015 for all ships. Its been discussed and conformed by X in another thread.

We're making that correction now. Thank you!

Darn! I was hoping Summit was the "test" ship and we'd get to be guinea pigs. :) Oh well, I'll miss the new perks by a month. Guess I'll have to book my son's pre-graduation trip in a suite so I can experience what I missed.

I guess your right, most of those perks came with the suite already. However Michaels Club was something new for us. Also the first or second night you are invited to meet some of the senior officers and hotel director in the club. They really did make you feel like a VIP. I also noticed that most of the people that were in the Club got invited to dine with the officers. This has been true for us in the past but now you know who has a suite.....:rolleyes:

fabion on Eclypse really did a great job handling the Club ( he just started the program 2 weeks before our cruise ). I may have sounded a little negative about the appetizers but I should mention that they have crab cakes that are really good.

Michaels Club lounge as a concierge loung started this year and also includes Zeniths and VIP's So far this is the only new suite perk being offered.

The 2 bottles of booze in cabin in higher category suites and 2 specialty dining on longer cruises (only 1 on shorter, and none on 5 nights or fewer) have been in place for quite some time, perhaps more than 2 years now. Reserved seating has also been around for some time.

Same with elite coupons - though not a WRITTEN guaranteed benefit, most report getting the coupons, but some have not received them. Seems to be given discretionally by the Hotel Director.

Just wanted to clarify so new suite cruisers don't expect anything not guaranteed yet.

Yes, I believe you can eat at Normandie with a Sky Suite. It is difficult with people staying in different categories. We didn't do much in Michael's Club, including cocktails with officers, because were traveling with others who were not in suites. We also didn't take the bridge tour because we wanted to have lunch with our friends, which was already planned when we received the invitation. We did, however, eat at the Staff Captain's table one night. That was very nice.

Currently, there is no dedicated Suite restaurant. Suite passengers, can, however, have dinner in Blu on a space available basis in addition the the Main Dining Room and various specialty (fee) restaurants.

The new suite perks roll out April 2015 where suite passengers will have their own dedicated dining room, separate from the ship's main dining room. The link below lists the implementation date on each ship in addition to a comprehensive overview of the suite program.

Clarity then confusion.

Is Celebrity correcting typo of April 2015 (site quoted) to April 2014 per post here by CC? Does the post apply only to Summit?

If booked Aqua becomes Sky Suite, do you get Suite perks?

Alex

I too would like to know ALL the "perks" for a Sky Suite on the Summit.

I have a cruise reserved for this August, I am still thinking about it.

I am a bit confused at what all the perks are.

It would be great to find out whats what. :)

Thank You! :)

I too would like to know ALL the "perks" for a Sky Suite on the Summit.

I have a cruise reserved for this August, I am still thinking about it.

I am a bit confused at what all the perks are.

It would be great to find out whats what. :)

Thank You! :)

To find what a sky suite offers on summit, go to the Celebrity webpage, then find the SHIP- Summit, then read about suites and sky suites for the list.

The "SUITE PERKS" PROGRAM DOES NOT START UNTIL 2015 in APRIL. Michaels club concierge lounge for VIP's, Zeniths and Celebrity Suites and above has already started. For this reason, when you look up a sky suite, you will see no mention of Michaels.

Here's link to Sky Suites on Summit: http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SM#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=SS&cabincls=D&shipCode=SM

Clarity then confusion.

Is Celebrity correcting typo of April 2015 (site quoted) to April 2014 per post here by CC? Does the post apply only to Summit?

If booked Aqua becomes Sky Suite, do you get Suite perks?

Alex

The reference to Summit and 2014 is a typo, as Celebrity representative has stated, and they are correcting. So to be clear, NO SHIP gets the new Suite Perks program until April 2015, regardless of the single typo that has one ship in 2014.

Aqua Suites are only currently available on Reflection, it was a new category of suite introduced to that particular ship only. Those "Aqua Suites" (NOT Aqua Class) will become Sky Suites in 2015 and will get the applicable Suite Perks for Sky Suites as per the Suite Perks document.

Aqua Class cabins will remain Aqua Class cabins, not become Sky Suites. Only Aqua Suites on Reflection become Sky Suites.

Bookings for Reflection in 2015 after Suite Perks are rolled out reflect a new deck plan when selecting cabins, so you can not select an Aqua Suite after that time, only Sky Suites. Anyone (and I cat imagine there are many, if ANY...) that has already booked an Aqua Suite before the new deck plan a while back, will actually get Sky Suite benefits and perks.

What are elite coupons?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once you achieve elite status (maybe even select offers some?) in the frequent cruiser club, Captain's Club, you get a sheet of coupons with benefits like the internet minutes, laundry, wine discounts et, as per the perks in each level in the club. Read more at the Celebrity website under captains club.

The reference to Summit and 2014 is a typo, as Celebrity representative has stated, and they are correcting. So to be clear, NO SHIP gets the new Suite Perks program until April 2015, regardless of the single typo that has one ship in 2014.

Aqua Suites are only currently available on Reflection, it was a new category of suite introduced to that particular ship only. Those "Aqua Suites" (NOT Aqua Class) will become Sky Suites in 2015 and will get the applicable Suite Perks for Sky Suites as per the Suite Perks document.

Aqua Class cabins will remain Aqua Class cabins, not become Sky Suites. Only Aqua Suites on Reflection become Sky Suites.

Bookings for Reflection in 2015 after Suite Perks are rolled out reflect a new deck plan when selecting cabins, so you can not select an Aqua Suite after that time, only Sky Suites. Anyone (and I cat imagine there are many, if ANY...) that has already booked an Aqua Suite before the new deck plan a while back, will actually get Sky Suite benefits and perks.

Clarity. Cite your source. Thank you.

Alex

Alex

Not sure what else needs clarified? If anything specific, I;m happy to reply.

As to citing sources, they are all in this very thread you started...

The link in post 3 in this thread explains most of the suite perks and aqua suites conversions.

Post 11 in this thread confirms the typo, and as well since it's now the end of May and Summit still has no dedicated suite dining room, some common sense should kick in to confirm it's a typo in that if it was to be converted APRIL 2014, THERE WOULD BE A NEW SUITE DINING ROOM. There are several threads going on here that confirm that is a clear and obvious typographical error in stating 2014 for summit is the conversion date.

EDITED TO ADD: The link to the suite perks referenced in post 3 has already been updated, no longer a 2014 date for summit. Refer to post 3 and the link for full details.

Edited by cle-guy

Alex

The best source is here, it will explain:

Why are Aqua Class Suites on Celebrity Reflection not included?

Aqua Class Suites on Celebrity Reflection will become Sky Suites starting with sailings as of April 4, 2015. They will receive the same

benefits as Sky Suites.

Why are you not offering AquaClass Suites on RF in 2015?

There is a higher customer demand for our Sky Suites, so as a result we will be offering more of these suites from April 4, 2015 on board

Celebrity Reflection.

Will you still offer AquaClass staterooms on RF?

Yes, guests can continue to enjoy AquaClass staterooms and great benefits include exclusive access to Blu and complimentary access

to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room.

Do any other ships have AquaClass Suites on-board?

No, only Celebrity Reflection has AquaClass Suites on-board. These suites will continue to be available for sailings that embark from

now through March 31, 2015.

It is a well known fact, since Reflection was announced that it was the only ship with the combination Aqua Suite (benefits of an Aqua class stateroom and a suite). The above, is quoted from the link, and is a great source.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

We're traveling with 4 people in a PH and 2 in a Sky suite. I'm assuming those in a Sky Suite won't have access to Michaels? Or since they are traveling with us, can they be allowed in?

Also, at this point (before April, 2015), are there any other benefits of the Penthouse over the Sky Suite besides Michaels?

Haven't been on Celebrity for years, so I have no idea how access is granted or shown. Thanks for the input!

Technically, no they are not allowed in Michaels, even as your guest. You may have different luck being in the penthouse and based on how you build rapport with the concierge at michaels, but in no case should you expect it.

Only other benefit that comes to mind are the 2 bottles of booze that Royals and PH already get that the other suites don't. Also on the PH, especially if a longer cruise, you have a good chance to being invited to dine at the captain's table either with captain or some other hosting officer, that likely your Sky suite friends won't You may also get other invites to things like helipad sail away and bridge tour that the sky suite may not, though I have been successful in inviting others to those events myself - but not dining at the captains table which is a true invitation only thing.

EDIT: I just noted you have 4 in the PH, with 4 I'd say captain;'s table invitation may not be as simple as if only 2, so don't necessarily count on that either - although there never is a guarantee in any case I'd think 4 in the cabin make even less likely. There are only 10 seats at the table (maybe 12?)

Edited by cle-guy