AM Room Service without Pre-call?

On our Oasis cruise this past February, we put out our breakfast room service tags every night for delivery around 6:00-6:30 AM. Just coffee, pastries, and fruit and fruit juice. I am a very early riser, and need my coffee as soon as one foot hits the floor. :D My DH is not such an early riser. He usually snoozes for another hour or so.

My question is this - Room service would call our room phone 10-15 minutes before they delivered our breakfast, which disturbed my DH's sleep (and jangled my nerves first thing in the morning!):eek: I am a very light sleeper, and I would NOT be one of those who would sleep through the room service knock. My internal alarm works too well for that - I'd almost certainly be up before the knock even came. Can you request room service NOT to phone you before coming?

You could certainly write that in on the order form! Maybe bring a highlighter, so they'll be sure to see it! Or, turn the ringer on the phone down!

Good to know! Both....never thought of turning the ringer down, guess I didn't know it could be done!

On another cruiseline, they had 24 hour room service - I would not call them until I woke up.

It was usually 5:30 - to - 6AM in the morning

and they came within about 10 minutes because mostly everyone was

sleeping.

I'll be doing the same thing on the Oasis.

M.A.

On our recent transatlantic cruise I ordered breakfast for 9am and got a call at 8am, needless to say despite my initial grumpiness at being awoken an hour early the room service staff member politely reminded me that the clocks had gone forward the previous day. Had I, she said, perhaps forgotten to change my clock? Yep, of course I had, well my mobile phone on which my alarm was set.:confused:

on our recent transatlantic cruise i ordered breakfast for 9am and got a call at 8am, needless to say despite my initial grumpiness at being awoken an hour early the room service staff member politely reminded me that the clocks had gone forward the previous day. Had i, she said, perhaps forgotten to change my clock? Yep, of course i had, well my mobile phone on which my alarm was set.:confused:

that's funny!!

on our recent transatlantic cruise i ordered breakfast for 9am and got a call at 8am, needless to say despite my initial grumpiness at being awoken an hour early the room service staff member politely reminded me that the clocks had gone forward the previous day. Had i, she said, perhaps forgotten to change my clock? Yep, of course i had, well my mobile phone on which my alarm was set.:confused:

that's funny!!

very!!!!!

We never hang the tag on the door. We don't always know when we'll be waking up, so I don't want room service either too early or too late. Upon waking up, I simply call and place the order. It usually arrives fairly quickly.

Peter

We never hang the tag on the door. We don't always know when we'll be waking up, so I don't want room service either too early or too late. Upon waking up, I simply call and place the order. It usually arrives fairly quickly.

Peter

Great the timing has worked for you..but it might not always..taking a chance on how busy roomservice can be..I put the hanger out as I usually have a pretty good idea with the limited times available and to what will work out each morning depending on if in port or at sea :)

Ok thanks! DH isn't much a breakfast person every day. I'm up early early need a cup of cof thought I would let him catch some extra sleep since this is out first cruise completely alone! Not sharing a cabin or have to round up the troupes from their cabins. :) I could enjoy mine on the balcony real early. Need the energy to battle the pool chair hogs!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm up early early need a cup of cof ... :) I could enjoy mine on the balcony real early. Need the energy to battle the pool chair hogs!! Lol

Early morning coffee and pastries or fruit on the balcony with some epic sunrises and views coming into port - those are some of my favorite memories of the cruise!

P1110799.jpg

P1110525.jpg

P1110516.jpg

P1110550.jpg

Early morning coffee and pastries or fruit on the balcony with some epic sunrises and views coming into port - those are some of my favorite memories of the cruise!

P1110799.jpg

P1110525.jpg

P1110516.jpg

P1110550.jpg

Yes def!!!! Thanks great pics I needed that fix!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums