Miami airport to Miami port with Toddler

zzricezz

I'm assuming taking the taxis is my best method of getting from the Miami Airport to the Port Terminal? If so, are there taxis that comes with car seats? Additional cost?

I would hate to bring a car seat for a 15 min taxis ride.

Thanks for any tips.

I'm assuming taking the taxis is my best method of getting from the Miami Airport to the Port Terminal? If so, are there taxis that comes with car seats? Additional cost?

I would hate to bring a car seat for a 15 min taxis ride.

Thanks for any tips.

Car seats are not required in motorcoaches/charter buses by Florida law, cruiseline transfer perhaps?

Don't rely or count on taxi's, private car service would be a better idea when traveling with children/reserving car seats (most are without cost).

Cags are the easiest. But no car seats. So your choice is bring along the car seat or book a private car service that offers them. Not sure about ship transfer buses. I avoid those like the plague.:D

Cags are the easiest. But no car seats. So your choice is bring along the car seat or book a private car service that offers them. Not sure about ship transfer buses. I avoid those like the plague.:D

I know from experience that RCI ship contracted transfers do not need carseats (it's a large city type bus)...Yes I also avoid them but in some situations (one having the need for a carseat) and agree it's easier to sometimes travel without one. Then the transfers have been a good option. OP should price out both of the two options then make their decision based on their findings.

If you do not use the car seat on the flight, most airlines will check them for free. Without a car seat you are likely stuck with the cruiseline bus from MIA to POM and from POM to MIA. You can check with American Shuttle, based at MIA -- I am alsways suspicious of rental seats (correctly installed, right size, etc.).

What are you going to do for a car seat during your port visits? :confused:

Are you overnighting anywhere? If so, order a car seat online from Walmart or Target (or where ever) have it delivered to your hotel. Call them and tell them you're expecting a package. Use the car seat and when you're done with it, just leave it with the cab driver. I have done this several times. My snowbird parents have at least 8 car seats that I leave w them. Lol

sent from me, using some sort of device