Any Turndown Chocolates?

knittinggirl

Do you have to ask for the chocolates at Cafe al Baccio? We were there almost every day and never saw any.

In the past, they have gone table to table passing them out in busy periods, and they then had the selection box on the counter near the cash register...however as I read your post, I remembered I do not recall them at all on my Eclipse TA this spring...I wasn't looking for them so maybe just didn't pay any attention, but don't remember seeing them at all...

Thank you cle-guy, I think they are gone from there, as I didn't see them on Solstice either but thought when I read this thread that maybe you had to ask. Maybe someday I will be on the same cruise as you and you can give me all that you get!:D

While I realize that some folks have been complaining that the new brand of chocolates left on the pillows during the evening turndown service are of inferior quality, I don't agree. We had the new brand of chocolates on the Connie TA, and they are indeed Belgium chocolates. I (who am a chocolate lover) found them quite delightful. And I also just loved the new thin chocolates at the Cafe al Bacio.

Do people go out of their way to complain about the smallest things? Although I love chocolate, my concern on whether or not, or if they do is not even on my list. Geez......

my wife still had several of the old flavored chocolates, from previous cruises, buried in her carryon bag. She put them out on the vanity to see what the cabin stewards would do. They lined them up and gave her extra of the new milk chocolate ones.:)

:d:d:d:d:d

SO FUNNY!

Edited by BCRose

New ones- and that was good idea- they are delicous! s and were there every evening at Transatlantic Infinity two weeks ago. I still have a few left ! I always collect them and take them home. Cruise strechting- as least in a little taste....!

In the past, they have gone table to table passing them out in busy periods, and they then had the selection box on the counter near the cash register...however as I read your post, I remembered I do not recall them at all on my Eclipse TA this spring...I wasn't looking for them so maybe just didn't pay any attention, but don't remember seeing them at all...

They had the chocolate squares at Cafe Al Bacio on Eclipse in April 2014. They were available for the asking.

I like the chocolate, glad it still is given. We liked the old and this new Belgian.

We've generally liked Celebrity's choices over the years - but IMO, their latest choice was excellent. It's always a nice touch, and appreciated.

That sounds good to us :D We always save our chocolates, take them home and then treat ourselves every day for 2 weeks when we come home from work ------ to keep the memories alive ;)

No chocolates at all on the ailing Millennium in Asia :eek:

None from Singapore 30th March, but they appeared from Hong Kong 13th April and our kind steward doubled up to make up for the missing ones - maybe we got yours?:D

Edited by harz99

Twice on our 8 day cruise on Eclipse in May they came round with the wooden box full of chocolate while we were in Cafe Albacio

There was dark, honey, coffee flavours there may have been milk too not sure

They were really nice, I was offered some at the counter once too, the honey was my favourite

I brought the pillow chocolates home with me and still have most of them left :D

I always try to take my husband's piece of chocolate before he gets to it. :) I save them all and when I go back to work, I horde them in my desk drawer to nibble on occasionally. Personally, I loved all the different flavors. They make a nice avatar too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app