Transferred booking

hulamoon

Trying to clarify what you are saying.

2 scenarios......

1) We book a cruise on board and it is immediately booked under our TA

2) We book a cruise on board with no TA designated and when we get home we transfer to the TA of our choice (after checking what OBCs different TAs will give us)

Are you saying that the TA gets DOUBLE the commission in scenario 1 than they do in scenario 2? :confused:

No; in both 1 & 2 the TA would receive 50% less commission than if you had booked direct with him/her back on dry land as opposed to with "X" on ship.

Unfortunately the poster I responded to doesn't have a location (Myrtle Beach, Scotland or wherever) in their header so people like me will respond as we find it at home. Like many things, across the pond we see different policies.

You were responding to me.

Michigan is a state in the US.

I know we're small and in the middle and no one in Europe has ever heard of us. (This isn't the first person to have never heard of Michigan) :(

The increased deposit is because they are moving you into their group and therefore they are able to give you more perks, but to be in the group, you have to pay the full deposit.

While on Board the Equinox last fall we booked a Trans Atlantic for this November from Rome to Fort Lauderdale on the Constellation. The deposit was $200.00. We were asked if we wanted to transfer the booking to our travel agent. We did so in order to give her the commission. Our travel agent did not ask us to increase our deposit. It is my understanding that the perks offered are based on the cruise you have chosen. In our experience, Trans Atlantic cruises tend not to be offered perks because of the pricing structure which is usually lower than other types of cruises. If you are a member of the Captain's Club your perks improve as your status changes from Classic, to Select to Elite. These perks travel with you regardless of the cruise you have chosen. Enjoy your cruise:)

Edited by Chicago Boy

I know we're small and in the middle and no one in Europe has ever heard of us. (This isn't the first person to have never heard of Michigan) :(

Do not worry I have heard of Michigan & I am from the UK - in fact we always fly into Detroit to stay with my best buddy for a few days on our way to Florida although we tend to hope over to Windsor & stay there

Sorry; when I wrote the post responding to Wine-O I was referring back to the post by Redtravel. My fault for not being clearer:o.

Edited by harz99

Michigan isn't small. It is larger than 30 of the 45 European countries listed on this page: http://geography.about.com/od/europemaps/a/europe-countries-area.htm

Besides, if you're from Michigan you can show where you live in the state, or where other points of interest in the state are, by using your hand as a map. Not to many countries or states that you can do that with.

(Formerly from Michigan)

Michigan isn't small. It is larger than 30 of the 45 European countries listed on this page: http://geography.about.com/od/europemaps/a/europe-countries-area.htm

Besides, if you're from Michigan you can show where you live in the state, or where other points of interest in the state are, by using your hand as a map. Not to many countries or states that you can do that with.

(Formerly from Michigan)

Larry-

I think half of the population of Chicago (including one of our daughters!) is/are originally from Michigan! ;)

data=VLHX1wd2Cgu8wR6jwyh-km8JBWAkEzU4,MVxYAYLONtHITvL2FXQypmFT8JZF0tT6aHeE6D_di6cZapImEV8Z9kPXIBwurnh7-LxjewMn2U3Em-Z3_PjVLU1QcvVe75nujOuGejH-T9z5lLz1hbdafQBdjAVL5wJX9bjc-KLZitOAI8sYmMN5CyKDfUkoWNAdclT2vITj9lFY5t6OD6RB-DjYzRHYX7XYLxzUszNC

Edited by chamima

While on Board the Equinox last fall we booked a Trans Atlantic for this November from Rome to Fort Lauderdale on the Constellation. The deposit was $200.00. We were asked if we wanted to transfer the booking to our travel agent. We did so in order to give her the commission. Our travel agent did not ask us to increase our deposit. It is my understanding that the perks offered are based on the cruise you have chosen. In our experience, Trans Atlantic cruises tend not to be offered perks because of the pricing structure which is usually lower than other types of cruises. If you are a member of the Captain's Club your perks improve as your status changes from Classic, to Select to Elite. These perks travel with you regardless of the cruise you have chosen. Enjoy your cruise:)

It might be time for you to at least consider a different Travel Agent. I receive additional OBC from mine on every Celebrity cruise even a TA. I am assuming you were saying that you did not get any additional perks from your Travel Agent on your TA.

I would not transfer except that I get more perks. I hope your TA gives you so sing Chicago Boy.

My original concern is is missed out on about 150. In perks due to what seems to be a misunderstanding. But the total was 550 and I settled for 420. On top of the 123go in AQ.

I once had a book-on-board passages certificate that I asked my TA to book a cruise with and was looking to obtain a current promotional OBC that celebrity was advertising at the time. The TA told me that the Celebrity promotion I was after was only valid for new bookings and that Celebrity wouldn't give it with the passages certificate since cruises booked with the certificate (or transferred from a prior booked on board cruise) are not considered "new bookings" by Celebrity. But this was an issue with Celebrity and not the TA. TA was just the bearer of bad news on this.

So before criticizing the TA above it would be useful to find out if the discount or promo being refused by the TA was one provided by Celebrity or one provided by the TA. There is a big difference on the TA's flexibility between these two.

Edited by Lsimon

I once had a book-on-board passages certificate that I asked my TA to book a cruise with and was looking to obtain a current promotional OBC that celebrity was advertising at the time. The TA told me that the Celebrity promotion I was after was only valid for new bookings and that Celebrity wouldn't give it with the passages certificate since cruises booked with the certificate (or transferred from a prior booked on board cruise) are not considered "new bookings" by Celebrity. But this was an issue with Celebrity and not the TA. TA was just the bearer of bad news on this.

So before criticizing the TA above it would be useful to find out if the discount or promo being refused by the TA was one provided by Celebrity or one provided by the TA. There is a big difference on the TA's flexibility between these two.

Celebrity has changed the terms of the Open Passages and they can now be combined with one other offer. It was not allowed previously and it was almost always possible to find another deal that was better than the Open Passages OBC. Nice improvement IMO.

I transferred a booking recently and just received an e-mail from the TA. They said they require additional deposit to secure their terms. It equates to the standard Celebrity deposit of $900 versus the $200 we deposited with our onboard booking.

For those in the know, does this sound right? This is the first time booking with this TA. This TA does offer more OBC's combined with the on board booking incentives.

A well known agency tried to do that to me too. I told them no, the advantage of booking an open passage was I only needed to put down $200. They finally agreed and still gave me all the perks, more OBC and paid gratuity, they were offering. Just tell them no thanks.

Duane

A well known agency tried to do that to me too. I told them no, the advantage of booking an open passage was I only needed to put down $200. They finally agreed and still gave me all the perks, more OBC and paid gratuity, they were offering. Just tell them no thanks.

Duane

Thank you for the input. Just curious, if they refuse what are our options? Can this booking be transferred elsewhere or back to Celebrity?

• 1 month later...

So sorry about missing the transfer date. Another option is, only if it pencils out of course, is to cancel and rebook. If you booked on board you would lose an Obc, just depends how great your TA deal is and if the price increased.

I have seen it in the fine print in former paperwork, haven't checked the new forms.

Just tried to transfer my March 30th booking to my TA and was told that the 60 day window had expired. Where is this fine print located?

I think it is located the same place where the print says that you are allowed to transfer a booking at all.

If you're before final payment date you can always cancel your current booking and re-book with a TA with no penalties from Celebrity. But this also means that your pricing and perks will revert to the current offers which may or may not be as favorable as those when you first booked. If you coordinate the online cancellation with the TA creating the new booking the odds are good (but not 100%) that they will be able to grab your cabin so you can keep it as long as your current cabin category isn't sold out.