After-Action Report, Victory, May 8-11, 2014

So very sorry to hear of your wife’s passing.

With your sense of humor and her’s too,it seemed to me that you both handled her health issues with a positive attitude and grace

I am recalling the scene of you walking along Duval St. in Key West.

I assumed that you were pushing her wheelchair along the way to the ship and thought what a good man this lady has for a hubby.

I just started reading your review this morning as I was walking on the treadmill. Your humorous posts made the half hour go quickly - although thirty minutes is still thirty minutes.

i got to page six, then skipped ahead to the last page and read about your wife.

Wishing you peace and healing in the days to come.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like the two of you had a wonderful marriage. 

I've already told my husband that if I go first I want him to take a cruise and bury me at sea. We took our first cruise on our 20th Anniversary. We both loved it and want to spend the rest of our lives cruising as much as possible. 

I read through this thread this past weekend and didn't even realize it was 5 years old until I got to page 9. What an excellent read. Both your cruise review and your Reddit post, although that was nice for completely different reasons. Very touching. I lost my mom a year and a half ago and it still feels like yesterday. She dealt with heart & lung disease for about 7 years, but coped pretty well. But then the last several months of her life were spent in pain and often immobile due to nerve issues. That lead to her breaking her falling and breaking her hip, which resulted in her passing almost 2 months later. She spent those last weeks in excruciating pain and it breaks my heart every single day that she left this world that way. She deserved to go out living life on her feet, not lying in a hospital bed. I was saddened and choked up when I reached the point of this thread learning of your wife's passing. But when I read your Reddit post, that opened up the floodgates. Very touching. When we took a cruise in 2016, my mom said, "You'll never get me on one of those things!" We booked our 2018 cruise several months before she passed, and when I told her, she said, "Ohh, I'd love to try it." It was a completely different attitude than what she had about our first one, but by then her health and mobility had declined. I think she thought she didn't have long and wished she could try a cruise before her time came. I wish we could've given her that experience, but she was gone long before we went. I had to take her with us in heart and spirit, that would have to do. I spent a lot of time taking care of her those last several months when her health declined. It wasn't until after she had died that I learned she sometimes called me her arcangel to some of her friends & family. Thank you for sharing your stories, both of your cruise and your wife's passing.

• Like 1