Princess website - what am I doing wrong

Poulsbo Cruisers

We last cruised with Princess in 2012. At that time if I wanted to send the itinerary to others, I could copy the link for the cruise into an email. Now it appears that no matter what cruise is selected, they all have the same link that goes nowhere except to an error page. Princess does provide an email option, but there is no way to include a message in the email. This just doesn't seem right. Why wouldn't Princess want me to be able to include a link to my cruise in an email? Since I haven't been on the Princess website for a couple of years until booking a cruise a couple of days ago, I may be missing something. Please help.

We last cruised with Princess in 2012. At that time if I wanted to send the itinerary to others, I could copy the link for the cruise into an email. Now it appears that no matter what cruise is selected, they all have the same link that goes nowhere except to an error page. Princess does provide an email option, but there is no way to include a message in the email. This just doesn't seem right. Why wouldn't Princess want me to be able to include a link to my cruise in an email? Since I haven't been on the Princess website for a couple of years until booking a cruise a couple of days ago, I may be missing something. Please help.

If you have booked a cruise then you can send the copy from the e-mail confirmation message from Princess or a TA

If you have booked a cruise then you can send the copy from the e-mail confirmation message from Princess or a TA

That's very true. But, I never ran across a situation in which any company didn't have a web address for a product they want to sell. The idea of taking a screen shot is a good one though.

I have a saved cruise in my personalizer which is the same one I've booked. I check this every once in a while to see what the price is. However, now when I click on it and then hit update price, the screen doesn't update with a picture like it normally did and when you hit itinerary, you get an error message. I think there might be a glitch somewhere.

I've tried clearing out all my cookies and history but I get the same error in all three of the browsers I use.

I also just tried to print my itinerary and it won't do it. Glitch on their end I'm sure. Will try again after the holiday. :(

Found where I needed to go to print the itinerary. The navigation is different. All is good.:o

This is my recommendation and you may find it useful for other documents.

Install a PDF printer. There is a free one called Bullzip PDF Printer. Once installed it becomes one of the selectable printers when printing. Instead of printing, the document goes to a PDF file which can be attached to any email.

Now go to the Cruise Personalizer and select Travel Itinerary. At the top of the itinerary window select "print" and select the PDF printer.

I'm not sure what the problem is... the email link works well. Send one to yourself and see. You can put in a detailed subject.

I'm not sure what the problem is... the email link works well. Send one to yourself and see. You can put in a detailed subject.

I'm sorry, I've hunted all through my personalizer and don't see an email option. Where will I find the email option for my itinerary? :confused:

If that's how it's done then Princess should change the title of that line from subject to message. If it actually goes in the subject line of the email, then logistically, one could not include much of a message.

I'm sorry, I've hunted all through my personalizer and don't see an email option. Where will I find the email option for my itinerary? :confused:

The email option is found if you look to book a cruise, not in the personalizer.

If that's how it's done then Princess should change the title of that line from subject to message. If it actually goes in the subject line of the email, then logistically, one could not include much of a message.

Well, the subject line is about 90 characters, so it's not all that long, but long enough for a good description. But I guess the point is that you could always follow up with an email of your own... :)

I've had problems with the Princess website today I think they're having a glitch. The My Princess doesn't appear and there's no change in price after I sign in. I tried going through one of the major travel websites. It was showing the better price, but there was a glitch with it as well when I tried to get past the screen where I provide my Captain's Circle number.

I see and used where to email the cruise schedule.

It seems to me that it should be an option in your personalizer as well and it is not. I guess they want us to promote the pricing as well?

I sent it to myself and thought why show the pricing? Curious.. :eek:

I think overall the new Princess website is poor. It needs work

Elizabeth Lynne

Doesn't impress me at all ...

and I HATE the new personalizer. :(

BTW: shared cruises don't work well either as then seem to "expire" very soon after created so that folks can't opt to participate because it had "expired" before they have a chance to join :mad:

I HATE the new personalizer.

Some IT folk picked (what they thought to be) pretty over functional.

What could be seen on one compact screen before now takes both scrolling and multiple screens.

However one useful feature now is the display of OBC.