Regals room service and Alfredo fees now pulled

antsp

We too are happy to pay a little extra for the ticket and not have so many extra charges on board. However, I think add ons is the way cruise ship companies are headed.:mad:

It works for the airlines; we haven't stopped flying. :)

Just a thought, as Princess thinks of ways to cleverly suck more money out of our pockets, how about concentrating on ways to give us fair value for what we pay now. Example, I'm paying 3600.00 for the Island thru the Panama canal. Thats 240.00 a day and I still have to pay extra for a decent cup of coffee.

Assuming a partial, that's $360 per day for 10 days. If a full, even less.

For just a basic resort hotel and a buffet, that's not a bad rate.

Also, a decent part of the canal cruise cost is the canal. There was a post on the per berth cost and it wasn't cheap!

Just a thought, as Princess thinks of ways to cleverly suck more money out of our pockets, how about concentrating on ways to give us fair value for what we pay now. Example, I'm paying 3600.00 for the Island thru the Panama canal. Thats 240.00 a day and I still have to pay extra for a decent cup of coffee.

So we should respond to Princess listening to our complaints and making the change by continuing to complain and "hammer" them?

I'm thinking a "thank you for listening to our concerns" might go a bit further, rather than showing them that nothing they do will please a certain segment of their customer base. Just a thought.

Well said...I totally agree. :)

Agree, as the saying goes, a little bit of honey helps, in some ways. Hope that Princess will go forward with the discontinuation of Alfredo and room service fees and not reinstate them in the future.

The Kids

i keep forgetting to note it down ithink 700ish loads on late bookings.

will try to remember to ask at captain circle tonight. Load of nationalities on this trip.

Thank you

It could prove interesting

On last Princess Cruise there were over 1500 and with the hogs appearing from around 06.30

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Thank you

It could prove interesting

On last Princess Cruise there were over 1500 and with the hogs appearing from around 06.30

Slightly under 700 brits, 42 pax nationalities.

Weather was not that good hence the lack hogs, also 9 ports with 2 sea days so ship empty most days.

They did not put out most of the chairs most days.

Lazy departure out of cabin 9:00am and off the ship at 10:00 after breakfast in buffet and tea in the platinum departure lounge home by 12:30(100miles away light traffic on the M3&M25 past Heathrow).