Best things to eat on board?

beverly_kaye

Almost anything served in those little baskets or skillets at the buffet on the Summit are wonderful. Now that they are installing those special microwaves you can even heat them up if you like.

Claudia (Post #70): Indian food is not my favorite but on the Silhouette and Eclipse I usually at least try it in the buffet several times during a cruise. I am pleased to say some of it is pretty darn good despite my negative bias.

Also, they serve Pad Thai on the buffet nearby where they have the Indian food. The Pad Thai is pretty bland..........BUT..........they have soy sauce and fish sauce right near the Pad Thai.......few shakes of each and a bit of sugar and a bit of hot sauce will do miracles for that stuff.

I discovered the curried potatoes and cauliflower in the ocean view cafe on day 6. A lot of food was just average so I'd love everyone's input for my next cruise in November. Please tell me your favorites so I can get the best tastes for the calories. Oh and I loved the lemon pie in the buffet. And my husband like the frog legs in the MDR. Thank you!

Bev

Hot Dogs.

Thanks! We'll have a look.

The PAM we use is actually in Mestre, so I can't guarantee you'll find one in Venice proper. The baker has a website, I believe, so maybe they list outlets. Believe me, the breadsticks are worth the trouble:D

Iglu drink at Cafe al bacio

Vegetable Tart from the vegetation menu in Blu. Hubby and I loved this so much our waiter saved two of them for us for the next night.

Cheesecake plain from the anytime menu.

The Celebrity salad dressing on a garden salad (weird, I know!)

The hot dogs! Could not believe how much I loved the hot dogs. Got them from the Mast Grill and room service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love this thread We sail on Celebrity for the first time in years. This is exactly what I wanted to know. And Experienced Celebrity cruisers are always the best source. ( We sail a good bit, but all on Carnival owned lines, except for one wonderful cruise on the Old Zenith. I loved that cruise and that ship. Now we are back. Sailing in October.

Thank you all.

Hot Dogs.

My husband will like that. they are at the Mast Grill?

I remember the cookies were amazing, and I know cookies. they call my name when they are in my house, demanding that I eat them. I can fall into a box of vanilla wafers in a flash.

The things most people liked that are on my list to get at least once:

Butter Chicken

Hot Dogs and Hamburgers at the Mast Grill

Pizza

Beef Medallions

Cold soup (if fruit soups)

cheesecake

spring rolls

the triangle things in the bread basket with raisins.

Every type of cookie I can find, especially Oatmeal cookies and Black and white cookies.

Will not try. Frog Legs. ( grew up in Alabama. A local dish. Always tasted like frogs to me. Not chickens. )Ditto rabbis and squirrels. No sheep there so..don't eat lamb. Veal. taught it was cruel to eat it. So Beef and Fish and chicken.

My parents ate 'innards" with gusto. Liver. chicken liver. Gizzards. more liver. I don't know what Pork Belly is but I bet they ate it. Pigs feet. Wonderful people. Very smart. hard working. Unexplainable. to me. Not meant to offend anymore. I would bet on this board, some of them would choke on a bowl of grits. To me..It makes the perfect Breakfast. And sometimes supper. ditto dried lima beans, corn bread and sharp onions. My favorite dish. So not being snooty. Being country I guess. THANK ALL OF YOU. This is priceless.

I noticed in the travel logs that many posters have sailed on Princess a lot.

So have we. And some on HAL. A lot on Carnival. (three ports with a short driving distance. One in Jacksonville. Port Canaveral. Tampa.)

We love Princess. Celebrity must be a lot like Princess with so many people crossing back and forth. I really am glad of that.

• 2 years later...

DH cant stop raving about the Chocolate mousse cake at Cafe al Bacio. It also showed up at the afternoon tea in The buffet at least once.

I am a real fan of the specialty teas at Cafe al Bacio, in fact the staff referred to me as the "Earl Grey lady", I guess they get to know you when you order the same thing for 19 days straight, at least 5 times a day! I also love the "tea over ice" presentation with a cookie in the late afternoon.

That's quickly becoming our favorite "first meal onboard", too. The OceanView is just too much of a zoo, on boarding day. The other alternative is the AquaSpa Cafe -- but that's too early in the cruise for me to be eating anything healthy! :p

Ha ha. We're just the opposite. We eat in the Aqua Spa café the first day. We try to start healthy. Not sure if we eat there the rest of the cruise though :)

Wife loves any of the chilled soups. Last time on the Millennium they had a salmon on plank wood - it was fabulous. Haven't seen it since.

The chocolate croissants at the Bistro are pretty darn good to.

enjoy

We will be going on the Equinox in June. This will be our first cruise on Celebrity. We are Diamond on Royal Caribbean. We're SO familiar with the foods and the menus on Royal so I'm getting excited reading about everyone's favorite foods. I can't wait to get acquainted with Al Bacio. Can someone tell me what Igloo coffee is?

Love getting smoked salmon and capers and taking them to the omelet station for a special omelet. Also the eggs benedict are delish! And my guilty pleasure is croissants and coffee on my balcony in the early morning to start the day.

Love getting smoked salmon and capers and taking them to the omelet station for a special omelet. Also the eggs benedict are delish! And my guilty pleasure is croissants and coffee on my balcony in the early morning to start the day.

I only get eggs benedict on a cruise and love it but Celebrity struggle with serving hot eggs in the Oceanview. They precook them and reheat them when you order and 8 out of 10 times they are runny but cold in the centre. Last cruise I had to go back and get them redone most mornings despite saying 'hot eggs' when ordering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk