Elite on Princess, new to HAL

Kruzkrazy

Thank you all. Really looking forward to it. We've had about 30 cruises on Princess, but a recent sailing on the Royal, which we found wanting in too many ways, so soured us that we've decided to cast a wider net.

Thanks again.

KK

You will find the safe on the Westerdam almost identical in size and operation as those on Princess.

Welcome to the wonderful world of HAL. I'm sure you will love the Westerdam. Just think Princess's old Star, Crown and Regal as she shares much in common with them. Sorry to hear you were turned off by the Royal. I've followed most of what was written about her in the Princess board and certainly gleamed enough to know we have not missed a thing. Such a shame to put her and her sister in the water with so many quirks that turn passengers off. Lesson to be learned is "bigger" is not always "better".

BTB if you have not already read it here be aware that on HAL you can order room service for breakfast on disembarkation day and then stay in your stateroom until you "color/number" tag is called. Such civilization!! :D

Wishing you a wonderful cruise.

Since you have sailed with Princess, make sure you get listed as a 1-star Mariner, due to reciprocity for other Carnival Corp cruise lines, as a "past guest", with no cruise credits.

This will allow you to have lunch in the MDR on embarkation day. Unlike Princess who welcomes all passengers to the MDR for embarkation day lunch, HAL restricts to just past guests.

On our recent Volendam cruise, for disembarkation, we waited in our suite until several categories after ours was called. We have found in the past that leaving when your number and color is called only results in your waiting in a line up in the cruise terminal. To avoid this, we waited and sure enough, we were able to just walk right on past two other line ups, pick up our luggage and be on our way.

So sit back and enjoy your breakfast.

On another note, I really wish Carnival Corp would consolidate all its passenger rewards programs into one common program that encouraged passengers to try out and sail across all its brands.

On another note, I really wish Carnival Corp would consolidate all its passenger rewards programs into one common program that encouraged passengers to try out and sail across all its brands.

Each CCL line offers such varied reward programs, I believe it would be difficult to come up with a program acceptable to all passengers. Some lines have some fairly meaningless benefits while others are pretty impressive ... how to convince people to give up their free laundry, internet minutes, mini-bar set up, etc. It would make for some very unhappy people