Just returned from Seabourn Cruise- FABULOUS!!!!

dafne

Comparing the Silver Spirit with The Legend is like comparing an orange with a sausage.

I agree it would be most interesting to see what the OP found "better" between the two ships

Compare with - highlight the similarities

Compare to - highlight the differences.

I would say it's more like comparing a satsuma with/to a tangerine.

And, incidentally, if you chose to read the post you quoted you will note that I used the same form of words as yourself: ''Could you maybe illustrate the things you found better on the Silver Spirit?''.

Just returned from our first Silversea cruise after many cruises on Seabourn. We had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to take either line in the future. In many areas, Silversea exceeds Seabourn.

We cruised on the Silver Spirit and we had a better overall expereience than we had on the Seabourn Legend in May 2013.

There are quite a few Seabourn sailors who have never been on Silversea. I was one of them until recently and I am glad I did not let others' reviews stop me from trying a new experience.

I've been waiting to hear your thoughts about your SS cruise, and must admit that I'm very surprised to read this post. In fact I was going to gently suggest on the SS board, when you posted before your cruise, that you slightly lower your expectations as you moved to SS !

So i 'm pleased that you enjoyed your cruise, but even more I would be very interested to read your comparison to/with SS .

Edited by Nigella

Dafne: We are sailing on the Quest in July and one or our ports is Ghent, Belgium. Did you stop there on your "gems" cruise? If so could you detail where the ship was at Port and how passengers got to Ghent. If not, did you stop at any ports that were far from the cites listed (like Dover for London, etc. Did the cruise line provide coaches to transport passengers to the cities or was the only option to take a cruise tour. Thanks!

We did not stop at Ghent. Yes, Seabourn had shuttles if city center was too far away for walking. You can also go port by port with Seabourn on phone and ask them about shuttles.

name of dock, etc.

I use Tripadvisor for many of my private tours. I also like to do fun things. In Amsterdam we did a 3 hour bike ride on the Canals ( which was great!!) and also in Portimao Portugal we did a 2 hour sidecar motorcycle tour. ( lots of fun!) The private guides will meet you at the ship dock.

oops....This is the Cruise Critic Forum, not the grammar critic forum!

Play nice [ok, nicely] and offer cruise related information.

It's another of our north/south divide things that we have in the UK :rolleyes:

Reading this I have to agree about Seabourn, I can not say a bad thing about either one of my two cruises with them, (and my only cruises)

I booked a cruise this fall with a river cruise. Yikes. I am afraid, as I am hooked on the Seabourn experience. I am going to miss my baths Seabourn will pour, the food,etc. River boats do not have tubs, or even room service. I still dream of more with them. But we are trying something different. However I Still enjoy reading the blogs about Seabourn. Keep sending all your enjoyable trips. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for sharing. I agree you never go

hungry with wonderful food.

• 3 weeks later...