Why do cruise lines not check school holidays when planning itineraries?

tactic

Perhaps if someone from cruise lines reads this it might be taken into consideration for future years. Looks like my half terms are not going to be spent at sea next year!

exactly!!!!

I'll be sharing this idea with NCL. it should be easy to find a schedule, at least ONE date in the summer when the kids aren't in school, but I'm finding it's difficult.

I'll be anxiously watching for NCL's corrected schedules that result from you contacting them! I am sure they will appreciate receiving your superior business ideas. They probably never thought of having someone on their payroll with experience in scheduling, so your suggestions will certainly set them straight. :rolleyes:

Edited by SantaFeFan

I'll be anxiously watching for NCL's corrected schedules that result from you contacting them! I am sure they will appreciate receiving your superior business ideas. They probably never thought of having someone on their payroll with experience in scheduling, so your suggestions will certainly set them straight. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it will.

:p

Cruise lines are not schools...why would they care about school schedules? Even if they did, school schedules vary widely from district to district. I teach 5th grade in a small school and our breaks are different from schools that are only 20 miles down the road. I also never have problems taking my cruises in the summer. Would it be nice to take a cruise at a different time? Maybe so, but you'll never hear me complain about cruising in May or June!

that seems logical.

No, but they could have a few more during the middle of the summer (US) so more could sail. it appears they purposely put the cruises that my grandkids could have "sailed free" at the 'edges' of their break. So, they know when the kids can and can't sail. They're doing it on purpose. If they had the 'kids sail free' just a week later in June, and a week earlier in August, there would be no scheduling problems.

You betcha! Why would they give away "free" space when they can sell it?

RCI Independence certainly thought their schedules through this year, with a week's cruise which covered the spring Bank Holiday and half term.....and sailed with 1,100 children on board....:cool:

It is illegal in the UK to remove a child from school without a good reason, and that's not holidays; several cruises from the UK are within the half term breaks.

We don't finish school until the middle of July, until the beginning of Sept (except Scotland) so summer has a short band for cruising, but we do have mid term breaks.