Best Ship for 16-year-old

I would appreciate advice from those of you who are familiar with some of the newer RCI ships. I want to take my granddaughter on a cruise next year for her 16th birthday. She is very adventurous, athletic and energetic, so I'd like to choose one that will give her endless options of entertainment. She has been on four other cruises but nothing like the Oasis or Allure, the two I am most seriously considering. Also, as a completely different stateroom option than those we've had in the past, I am considering the balcony cabin that overlooks either the Boardwalk or Central Park. Any advice and suggestions will be great appreciated.

Thank you,

Peggy

Definetely the Allure (or Oasis)

So many activities.

Fuel (teen lounge for he age)

Group activites.

Later curfew

oh

They have prom, how do I know, my DD was prom queen:rolleyes:

Sea Ya

Agree definitely go with Allure or Oasis.

As for the cabin type, if you want a quiet cabin go for one overlooking central park as the boardwalk ones can be a bit noisier. On the other hand a lot more to see from the boardwalk.

We have been on Allure twice and we barely saw my teen! The second time was for his high school graduation and this was his choice by a long shot.

There isn't a question for a teenager, its Oasis/Allure. Probably Western itinerary is more interesting. Central Park Balcony would be very boaring for a teenager

Edited by dz9yvr

Once you book, join the roll call, as you may find kids of the same age already cruising with their families. All it takes is just a few kids to hang out with (assuming yours is outgoing) either at the meet/mingle or teen events and she'll probably have a great time.

We're taking our 16, 18 and 21 kids (oldest with GF) on the Oasis and all are looking forward to it in a set of aft B1 cabins.

Thank you, All, for your thoughtful input and suggestions. Since only the Oasis will be sailing in the Caribbean during that time, the Oasis it will be. I have decided on a B1 category overlooking the Boardwalk but also able to see the sea.

Thanks so much!!