? about 2 resturants in vancouver

tdscml

Cloud 9

http://community.iexplore.com/planning/journalEntryDining.asp?JournalID=37244&EntryID=22397&n=Cloud%209%20Revolving%20Restaurant&t=Bistro/Cafe

BROTHERS RESTAURANT

1 Water Street

(604) 683-9124

The "brothers" in the name of this restaurant refers to the old monastery setting and the Franciscan style "monks" who are your servers. The restaurant offers large portions of prime rib, steak, lobster and other seafood, burgers and pasta. There's also an oyster bar. Kids get balloons and their own kids menus. Inexpensive.

We ate at Old Spaghetti Factory was very good

OLD SPAGHETTI FACTORY

53 Water Street

(604) 684-1288

This family-style restaurant in a renovated grocery warehouse contains lots of vintage stuff for kids to look at and an old electric trolley car in the main seating area. In addition to nine different types of spaghetti, you can get lasagne, veal parmigiana, steak, burgers, and other entrees. Kids get their own menus for ordering and coloring. Inexpensive.

When I lived in Vancouver 25 years ago I ate at The Olde Spaghetti Factory fairly regularly. Two months ago, I found it extremely noisy, with mediocre food and at our outside table we were hassled by assorted drunks and psychos. "Inexpensive" - with good reason... :(

Murray

When I lived in Vancouver 25 years ago I ate at The Olde Spaghetti Factory fairly regularly. Two months ago, I found it extremely noisy, with mediocre food and at our outside table we were hassled by assorted drunks and psychos. "Inexpensive" - with good reason... :(

Murray

I ate there in May and I would not go there again.

Does anyone have any opinons/info on two resturants in Vancouver? One is Brothers in Gastown and the other in Cloud 9 restruant. Any info would be great. Thank you in advance
Neither is very good. The Cloud 9 has a nice view, but the food is mediocre and overpriced. There are many, many better restaurants in Vancouver. What kind of food, ambience, price range are you looking for?

ell

Vancouver has much better restaurants than either of those 2.

For seafood I personally like the Cannery on Commissioner Street - built right on the edge of Vancouver's busy harbour often while eating you get to see the sea otters play in the water.

For a different type of meal try The Stone Grill at the end of Granville Street directly under the Granville St bridge and on the shore of False Creek - you enjoy a wonderful view of the yachts coming and going on False Creek and the food is delicious.

Both of the above are a little pricey - if you want cheaper in the under $20 range try a BC tradition - White Spot for a triple O White Spot burger.

We had a wonderful dinner at the revolving restaurant on top of the Harbor Building. Pricey but a great meal and even better views. The second night in town we were on Granville Island. Don’t recall the name, but it was the very first restaurant you hit, on the left. We had a table right on the water, overlooking the harbor.

>>BonnieSeattle Can anybody recommend a good Chinese restaurant in >>Vancouver?

You must go to Hon's. it is so authentic chinese food that the asians themselves eat there because they enjoy it and they come in as families. They are on Robson St. I don't remember the exact address but your hotel people would know. if you are at the intersection of Robson and Bussard you walk up robson about 4-5 longish blocks. anyone on the street can direct you. Hon's Chinese restaurant. they were reasonably priced, especially for downtown vancouver and my DW and DS and I met wonderful young people there who helped translate the menu etc.

Can anybody recommend a good Chinese restaurant in Vancouver?

Bonnie

On our last trip to Vancouver we discovered Sun Sui Wah. My extended family of 7 decided that this was the best Chinese dinner that we had ever had. My family name is Wong and we have eaten in a lot of different places.

Sun Sui Wah website: http://www.sunsuiwah.com/e-about-1.html

We will be back in Vancouver next week and the entire family has insisted that one of our dinners while in Vancouver has to be at Sun Sui Wah.

-Steven

We ate at the Water St. Cafe in Gastown on the patio overlooking the steam clock. We enjoyed it very much, pretty much italian fare. We also ate at Shang Hai Bistro(?) near Robson for chinese and it was also very good. Have a terrific time.

Anyone recommend somewhere that's good for a steak - we're staying at the Fairmont, so is there anywhere nice that's close by?

Which Fairmont? We have two downtown. Morton's is very close to the Fairmont Waterfront...but $$$$$. Close to Canada Place, I quite like Aqua Riva, but not really known for it's steak.

Cardero's which is down by the Westin is good. For a decent meal with a nice view I recommend the Boathouse down at English bay.

Anyone recommend somewhere that's good for a steak - we're staying at the Fairmont, so is there anywhere nice that's close by?

Good steakhouses:

Gotham Steakhouse - great steaks. High end. Very good.

Hy's Encore - see above comments. Very good, locally started.

The Keg - also locally started chain. More moderately priced. Casual, west coast ambience.

Morton's Vancouver - the Chicago-based chain. Pricey, but probably the closest to the Fairmont Waterfront.

ell

Archived