Other than sushi, dinner item at the buffet?

blambition

If you ask they will get almost anything that is on the MDR menu that evening. Cooked to order steak, chicken, fish, whatever. For us, sushi is not dinner:eek: much better than what we found on the Ruby Princess in 2012. That was one poor excuse for a buffet.

Edited by wallie5446

In all our many Celebrity cruises, we've NEVER been able to get MDR food in the buffet. There's no waitstaff to do such a thing. The buffet is minimally staffed.

Correct, there is no waitstaff in the buffet at any time. Good memory. But if you ask almost anyone behind any station, they will gladly get it for you. Just like ordering room service off the MDR menu. All you need do is ask. Which is exactly what we did on the Reflection last Nov. But do not think for a nano second you are going to get waited on, it is a buffet after all.:D

ps: we even got escargot one evening!

Edited by wallie5446

I believe that on M-class ships, there is a grill area all the way at the back of the buffet (where waffles are at breakfast) where they will grill items to order. When we ate there on Constellation last summer, they had very thinly sliced rib steak, salmon and some other stuff. I'm not sure if they do this on S-class as well, hopefully someone can report.

I've always been a big fan of Celebrity sushi (we usually go before dinner) but the last couple of cruises the quality of the fresh fish (tuna/salmon) has not been as good as it had been in the past.

Edited by MisterBill99

They have both wok and pasta stations where you pick what you want cooked up -- we love them both!!

The also have pizza, salads, usually a carving station, some pans of hot food which includes fish, potatoes, vegetables, etc....your normal dinner items. Oftentimes, there is an Indian food option -- maybe more so on Royal Caribbean, though.

We always take a night or two just to go to the buffet for dinner - always such a nice option if you don't feel like getting dressed for dinner. We found that the burger grill (think it is called the mast grill) is always a winner as well.

I don't think you will be too disappointed....so relaxing.

I believe that on M-class ships, there is a grill area all the way at the back of the buffet (where waffles are at breakfast) .

I know where that is. ;)