What did you do in Labadee; Haiti?

Robinola

I am not one to sit around all day.

I have a dilemma!

Please help me choose!!

Dragons Tail Coaster-would go three times, maybe? $34/day* fun, right?!

Zip Line-$95. once *Looks great, right?!

Jet Ski-One hour (I am leaning towards this, but it is offered on other islands, might save it for G.C assuming we tender in...better tender in!!!)$95.

Thrill Powerboat Tour -$49-one hour-Looks so fun! Ya, I might do this one.

This is the one.....yes?!

Cost is not the issue...what to do..what to do....I really only want to pick one. They all seem so great! HELP! Have you done any one of these?

What did you think if you have done one of these. Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not one to sit around all day.

I have a dilemma!

Please help me choose!!

Dragons Tail Coaster-would go three times, maybe? $34/day* fun, right?!

Zip Line-$95. once *Looks great, right?!

Jet Ski-One hour (I am leaning towards this, but it is offered on other islands, might save it for G.C assuming we tender in...better tender in!!!)$95.

Thrill Powerboat Tour -$49-one hour-Looks so fun! Ya, I might do this one.

This is the one.....yes?!

Cost is not the issue...what to do..what to do....I really only want to pick one. They all seem so great! HELP! Have you done any one of these?

What did you think if you have done one of these. Thanks so much.

We just got back on 5-31 Oasis cruise. The coaster was a really long wait and we were the only ship there. It was a good 45 minute wait. We didn't do the zip line but watched as they went down. All appeared to enjoy it but it's a lot of money for a short ride. Water sports the day we were there had lots of people with jelly fish stings. Must be a frequent thing as they had spray bottles of vinegar at all of the stations.

Hope you enjoy!

This upcoming July will be our 5th time to Labadee.

And here is what we do.

Over the years we have done:

1. Zip line----AWESOME. This excursion takes about 90 min from start to finish. You meet up at the orientation area, watch a video, get fitted for your gear, do a practice run, then board the ATV (big ones) to go up the side of the mountain. Once on top, get re-oriented, get hooked up to the safety line. And go down ----over one min of shear awesomeness.

(Oh I have a fear of heights, and I was told to look at the top of the trees before you leave the platform, and I did, and I have since done many zip lines on different islands). We bought the ships picture in the jacket with all the details of the zip line.............it was worth it.

2. Dragons water coaster----For the price, waste of money, we got the all day pass, and did it twice. All of us got stuck about a third of the way down. Needs more water to flow down it. Cannot see over the sides to see the sights. Was never a line. Won't do again unless free.

3. Jet skis----doing for the third time this July.

Arrive at check-in. Make sure you bring your drivers license. DH had to run back to the Allure last time to get DD's license and made it back from a CL suite in 20 min. (I think because they questioned her age).

After you check-in, you go thru a quick orientation safety video, then they review the water safety guidelines. Then they rank you on skill level, we were ranked 1-2-3. Then you get fitted for your life vest. Walk our to the jet ski area, the first run is a 'get' familiar with the jet ski and you go to an orange marker, maybe about 200 yards out. Everybody meets up there. The have one attendant at the front and one at the back to keep everyone in watchful eye.

The tell you that you are not suppossed to jump waves, but they showed us how.

On the last run of 6, you are close to shore and the locals come out on their cannoes and try to sell you trinkets, just say no.

We love it and are doing it for the third time.

Takes about 75min.

4. At 1:00pm meet under the zip line for a very competitive game of sand volleyball.....it is hot and fun. The last two years we were on the GOLD medal team.

5. We are on barefoot beach so we will float and snorkel for awhile.

6. Of course when its time we eat at the BBQ.

7. We spend some time and money at the vendors, we usually go to the ones at the indoor buildings, the ones on the hill are to pushy.

8. And finally when its time to leave we have to be pried from our beach loungers because we do not want to go:eek:

Enjoy

We do

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

Oh I forgot to add we did do the Dragons roller coaster on one of our Freedom sailings, we each did a one time ticket, and we my husband and me, let our DD ride with us so she got three rides out of it.

It was nice, as long as you dont have someone ahead of you that keeps putting on the breaks and then you keep having to break to get away from them.

Probably wont do again.

When we did it the line was not long, but, took awhile to get to the individual cars.

Sea Ya

There are hammocks

CB at Sea,

What is the best way to ensure that you can find a couple of hammocks for relaxing? Are there a significant number that finding one is not a problem? Or, like most other private islands, if you walk 5 to 10 minutes to a less crowded or utilized area, you can typically find one? Relaxing on a hammock with the appropriate umbrella drink just sound so awesome to me.

Thanks

ddaz

GBY