Cabin 12500 on the Dawn

Good morning,

I am wondering if anyone who recently has sailed on the Dawn had this OS cabin…. I also ask to see who the butler is for this end of the suites. I like to know their quirks, their personality, ect… this way we can "connect" right away.

Any suggestions act would be great..

thank you. I sail this coming Friday. I have been on the Dawn before but not in this type of Suite.

Lisa

Good Morning!

Try typing "Dawn 12500" in the search cruisecritic box at the top right of the home page. You might also try on youtube. Look for ncl Dawn 12500. There might even be a video there. In neither site do you need to worry about caps.

Have a wonderful time.

Lisa - When you come back from your cruise, please post as I would like to have even more information on this room (or actually 12000) which we will have in September! Enjoy your cruise. Jan

You can google NCL Dawn suite #12000 youtube and see a youtube of this suite. My friends stayed in this suite, during the 2013 repo cruise from Tampa to Boston. I was down the hall in 12502.

We were happy with the suites, service, and amenities.

Good morning,

I am wondering if anyone who recently has sailed on the Dawn had this OS cabin…. I also ask to see who the butler is for this end of the suites. I like to know their quirks, their personality, ect… this way we can "connect" right away.

thank you. I sail this coming Friday. I have been on the Dawn before but not in this type of Suite.

Lisa

I am most interested in this type of query on CC... I am always fascinated by how many people are focussed on knowing who their butler/concierge will be for their particular suite. Staff move around from section of the ship to another, move to other ships, take holidays, get sick, quit their job. There are no guarantees as to who you will get.

Just my opinion, I think the best way to "connect" with the butler is to introduce yourself on the first day (and not have any pre-conceived ideas based on what others have said on CC) and let them know who YOU are and what your needs may be on this cruise. The job of the butler is to get to know you and your "quirks" so that they can best serve you. That's the beauty of having this level of suite - It isn't our job to "figure" them out - they are trained to pay attention to you. (At least that is the goal!). All you have to do is enjoy your cruise.

I hope you have a fabulous experience and happy sailing! :)

I am most interested in this type of query on CC... I am always fascinated by how many people are focussed on knowing who their butler/concierge will be for their particular suite. Staff move around from section of the ship to another, move to other ships, take holidays, get sick, quit their job. There are no guarantees as to who you will get.

Just my opinion, I think the best way to "connect" with the butler is to introduce yourself on the first day (and not have any pre-conceived ideas based on what others have said on CC) and let them know who YOU are and what your needs may be on this cruise. The job of the butler is to get to know you and your "quirks" so that they can best serve you. That's the beauty of having this level of suite - It isn't our job to "figure" them out - they are trained to pay attention to you. (At least that is the goal!). All you have to do is enjoy your cruise.

I hope you have a fabulous experience and happy sailing! :)

You are 100% right!!! thank you everyone for your input…

I appreciate it…

Lisa

We sailed Dawn in suite 12500 in January 2014 our butler was Jennifer was awesome and even better was our room steward Radwell. We actually tipped him the same as our butler on top of the daily service charge. I never opened the door for myself the entire week, he was always waiting as my daughter (3 years old) ran up the ramp to our room ready to help her open the door using his key. He kept us with our nightly changing of who was sleeping where as we sailed as a blended family with 2 children alternating between our cabin and their mom's cabin. We had breakfast in our room on several occasions before early shore excursions.

One night DD had a melt down in Moderno right before the roasted pineapple came out. Radwell saw me in the hall without DH or the older children bringing DD back to the room. Jennifer showed up about 10 minutes later with the meats and pineapple I had missed.

The entire ship knew my daughters allergy and went out of their way to keep her safe. It was the best cruise I have had with NCL thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning,

Lisa

Mostly the butlers rotate each week. They generally have 8-10 suites each week. Last cruise the butler told us they like the move, that way they don't get stale. Some suites are "better" than others so they share the more difficult or easier ones.

We had this suite in February. Jennifer and Radwell were amazing. Jennifer is very sweet and attentive. If there is anything that you need -- anything at all -- just ask! We were having issues with the mini fridge not getting cold enough for my son's medication that needed to be refrigerated. She brought us an ice chest to use for the week and kept it fully stocked with ice. I know that she had a lot of other rooms to take care of in addition to ours, but she always made us feel like we were her top priority.