First Celebrity Cruise

papaflamingo

We just booked our first Celebrity cruise on Reflection in Nov. I have Sky Suite booked but am thinking of switching to an Aqua Sky Suite. There will be 2 couples in cabins next to each other. If I switch I may not be able to get 2 together. Do the balcony dividers open? If so, is it worth upgrading and not being next to each other or better to keep what we have? We like to spend time on the balcony so an open balcony is relevant to us.

We changed to an Aqua Class Suite last time we were n Reflection. We were just in Aqua Class. The room was significantly larger and we wanted to stay in Aqua Class Suites jet to be able to eat in Blu. The Balcony in the Suite was fine.

Just so you know, the balcony divider has a hinged portion which swings back and attaches to the rest of the divider wall. The entire divider is not removed. You are able to move back and forth between the balconies and even move chairs back and forth, but the majority of the divider will still be there.

• 1 month later...

Does that apply to all balconies on the Reflection? We are in AQ and would love to be able to move between our balcony and the next stateroom. (We do know the occupants! ;))

Edited by Ceepot

Wesailed a few times with friends. One time it was with adjacent cabins. It was rather ackward. We had to be very careful about our conversation as we weren't sure if they might hear us. It wasn't about us talking about them but more of family or personal stuff.

It was also not as enjoyable having the balcony divider open. We said that we would close it if we wanted privacy but it was never closed because we didn't want to "exclude" them, and so we never really used the balcony as much or had any private time.

I find it better to have a little separation. That is my experience and opinion and isn't worth anything.

Sail on 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Wesailed a few times with friends. One time it was with adjacent cabins. It was rather ackward. We had to be very careful about our conversation as we weren't sure if they might hear us. It wasn't about us talking about them but more of family or personal stuff.

It was also not as enjoyable having the balcony divider open. We said that we would close it if we wanted privacy but it was never closed because we didn't want to "exclude" them, and so we never really used the balcony as much or had any private time.

I find it better to have a little separation. That is my experience and opinion and isn't worth anything.

Sail on 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I think you raise an excellent point. We have traveled with family members probably 25 out of our 30 cruises. As much as we love them, having a little time completely alone probably saved more than one relationship (and no doubt they feel the same):). The walls of the cabins are thin and raised voices (for good reasons or bad reasons:eek:) can definitely be heard next door.