Just off Summit June 1st

CruisingChick

Well another great Celebrity cruise is over. We got off Summit at 8:20 am and were home grocery shopping at 9:40 am. I just received my guest survey via email. I'd better fill it out while things are fresh on my mind.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try and answer them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Well another great Celebrity cruise is over. We got off Summit at 8:20 am and were home grocery shopping at 9:40 am. I just received my guest survey via email. I'd better fill it out while things are fresh on my mind.

Did you have the premium cocktail package?

Did you book AQ?

How was the bar service?

Best thing to do in Bermuda?

Thanks!!!

Edited by 20pluscruises

The baskets were not used the first day or today at breakfast. I think with the number of guests all eating at close times, it would be challenging for the crew to keep up replenishing the baskets.

I would give them just an OK rating. The fish/seafood selection was fried and very similar day-to-day. There were always 2 other meat/poultry small dishes and a few different salads. The salads IMHO were very tasty and more varied then the main selections.

Desserts options were different each day and really nicely presented. They had a day of "Quinse-Inspired" desserts on long skewers on beds of grass, a day of all different cakes, creme brûlée that was finished in front of each guest, and the dessert "shots".

In addition, they featured chicken and waffles (in metal buckets) every day at the pool grill. Fun for the first day or 2, but got old very quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by stevesing121

We actually liked the buffet for lunch a lot. The food was really good and looks so much nicer in the baskets, bowls, pans, etc. Our only criticism I'd some of the portions are two big. So you have to take more than you want.

The one place it didn't work was the pool grill. The pre-made burgers and fries sitting there was not a good thing.

We only went once for breakfast and they had these breakfast sandwiches my DH loved. Personally we liked the new buffet.

Anne Maria, I thought about you this week.....I know you were so

worried about the cruise:eek:.....glad you had a good time:)....how

was the Elite Happy Hour? Breakfast? I know you had posted you

were really concerned before ya'll left......so were all those concerns

unwarrented?

Fill us in:D

Was the Elite breakfast as horrible as you thought it would be?

Pretty much so and so much waste. We saw so many tiered trays go back half untouched. Very few people attended. This was not a good change.

You mention the buffet. Obviously my head has been in the sand. :-)

It would appear that the buffet in the cafe has changed. Are salad items still available daily. And the pasta station? What has happened with that. If you can elaborate on the changes it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Could you post the names of officers and CC host? Any changes from the following?

Dimitrios Kafetzis

HD Raffaele Bernardini

CD: Lisa Richard

GRM: Christian Comiria

F&B: Martin Fowler

Chef: German Rio

CChost Raluca Rizescu

Concierge Cesar??

Anne Maria, I thought about you this week.....I know you were so

worried about the cruise:eek:.....glad you had a good time:)....how

was the Elite Happy Hour? Breakfast? I know you had posted you

were really concerned before ya'll left......so were all those concerns

unwarrented?

Fill us in:D

Hi Lois , it's definitely not as good in our opinion.. Yes, they will serve you smoothies, etc. But the tiered tray with pre determined things plated on is not as good. One day I asked if I could get watermelon on the fruit plate. The waiter brought the standard plater but said he was going to get me watermelon. Leads me to believe these are all made up ahead of time with a standard selection. People were bringing things down with them from the buffet on deck 10.

Did it ruin our cruise - no. But the old way was much better.

How was the activity schedule? Have they indeed done away with trivia, contests, interactive games, karaoke, and the like?

They had trivia, Xbox games, karaoke, crew vs guests volleyball. Dance lessons, flash mob, Ocean's Ahead lecture series. Seems like there was stuff to do. They had Concert on the pool deck, 70's night, other stuff that I know I'm forgetting. Oh and of course Bingo!!!!

Hi Lois , it's definitely not as good in our opinion.. Yes, they will serve you smoothies, etc. But the tiered tray with pre determined things plated on is not as good. One day I asked if I could get watermelon on the fruit plate. The waiter brought the standard plater but said he was going to get me watermelon. Leads me to believe these are all made up ahead of time with a standard selection. People were bringing things down with them from the buffet on deck 10.

Did it ruin our cruise - no. But the old way was much better.

You mean passengers were bringing things down from the buffet?:eek:

Or wait staff after pax asked them for certain items??:confused:

The old way? You mean they offered more food? I don't even

always go to the breakfast so I probably would not miss the items

as much as other people.....sorry you didn't enjoy as much.

Could you post the names of officers and CC host? Any changes from the following?

Dimitrios Kafetzis

HD Raffaele Bernardini

CD: Lisa Richard

GRM: Christian Comiria

Chef: German Rio

CChost Raluca Rizescu

Concierge Cesar??

All the same, but did not get the concierge's name.

Raluca is on for 2 more weeks and goes on vacation, Ashley will take over as CC hostess.

You mention the buffet. Obviously my head has been in the sand. :-)

It would appear that the buffet in the cafe has changed. Are salad items still available daily. And the pasta station? What has happened with that. If you can elaborate on the changes it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yes pasta and pizza stations still there as well as salad items. Buffet items are now served in individual baskets, pans, bowls. They have trays also so you can carry the items easier.

They also expanded cheese selections and the meat and carving stations. Also you can still get sandwiches, etc.

I have noted changes, as I disembarked today.

Dimitrios Kafetzis

HD Raffaele Bernardini

CD: Lisa Richard (scheduled to leave today)

GRM: Christian Comiria = Cristian Comirla

Chef: German Rio = Rijo German

CChost Raluca Rizescu

Concierge Cesar??

Cesar is Michael's Club concierge.

You mean passengers were bringing things down from the buffet?:eek:

Or wait staff after pax asked them for certain items??:confused:

The old way? You mean they offered more food? I don't even

always go to the breakfast so I probably would not miss the items

as much as other people.....sorry you didn't enjoy as much.

Passengers were bringing food items down from the buffet to the Elite breakfast. The old way was a buffet where you could take what you wanted, not a pre determined plate they serve you. They also did have a few more choices the old way on the buffet.

Hi Arno,

We will just miss you guys. We are boarding on June 29. I was going to email you and ask if you know who is Cpt and who is CC host, but after reading you your post it is not necessary. Thanks. Hope to see you and your lovely soon on another X cruise. We are cruising the silhouette btb in Oct and Nov TA.

Passengers were bringing food items down from the buffet to the Elite breakfast. The old way was a buffet where you could take what you wanted, not a pre determined plate they serve you. They also did have a few more choices the old way on the buffet.

Hi...yes, I had been before but that sounds strange to me:eek:......

Nobody said anything? So basically folks were bringing their own

breakfast from the buffet into the Elite Breakfast....?:confused:

Lol We work in reverse! We go to the Elite bkfst (usually as soon as it opens) to have coffee's, Bloody Mary's and maybe a little fruit & a pastry. We relax, chat with other people, check our emails and then go to the buffet an hour later to browse:) It has never replaced a regular breakfast for DH