Royal Rhapsody vs. Constellation

bhealy

I am looking at an 11 night cruise for 2015 on both ships. They have the same itinerary. With all the promos the price is about the same. We enjoy both cruise lines, but have never been on an M class ship on Celebrity. I am hoping someone who has been on both class of ships ( M vs. Vision class) can let me know which one the preferred.

Thanks

No comparison IMO. I did Enchantment (Vision Class) recently and I got what I paid for. We did a really inexpensive 3 night cruise and it was worth the $199 pp we paid. I'm not complaining but it was no where near as nice as the Constellation, which I have sailed also.

I am a big fan of the M-class ships. They are beautiful. The two areas that are better on M-class than Vision Class are the buffets and pools. I HATED the outpool area on Enchantment. It was tacky and the music/sports blaring on the movie screen day and night. If there has been movies I would have at least enjoyed it but it was not relaxing at all. The bar staff on the day of embarkation was horrible on Enchantment and it took forever to get a drink and then he brought the wrong thing. Just not the quality service I am used to on Celebrity. While I don't get seasick, I didn't enjoy eating in the buffet on Enchantment because it is high up and at the bow. This mean motion and I could feel it whenever we were sailing. Not good place for the buffet. On Constellation it is at the back of the ship and you don't feel the motion.

The only complaint I have with m-class is the Persian Gardens tomb. Please it's not worth $25 for a day pass or $99 for a week. It was nothing like the Persian Gardens on the S-class. I also prefer the indoor pool on s-class over the therapy "hot tub" pool on M-class but this isn't enough to sway me from sailing M-class instead of s-class. I'm done with S-class. They are too big for me and don't have the ambiance of the M-class. We are booked on Constellation for August 2015- so obviously I'm a big fan of Constellation.

Vision Class I'd give 3 stars, Constellation 4.5

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Been on both. 6 years back, I agreed with Constellation being better.

In the past 6 months though, I'd say its evens. The lack of a cinema now (which they used to have) on Constellation is a downer, and the food offerings are comparable overall. I found the MDR menu and service better on Rhapsody than Constellation. For service and activities, they're also comparable now.

Just off the Constellation. Wonderful in all aspects! We had an AQ class and ate in Blu every evening. Food and service were great. The shop is in very good condition.

Having to board plane. If you have anymore questions, I'll check back later tomorrow.

Thank you for the opinions. One more question. Below are the prices I am being offered. Do you think the price difference is worth CC or AQ? We will have the drink package as a promo. We have been in AQ before and we enjoyed Blu, but there were days the menu was not appealing to me.

2C OR 2B $1,899.88 PP

C2 $2,061.81 PP

A1 $2,268.50 PP

Thank you for the opinions. One more question. Below are the prices I am being offered. Do you think the price difference is worth CC or AQ? We will have the drink package as a promo. We have been in AQ before and we enjoyed Blu, but there were days the menu was not appealing to me.

2C OR 2B $1,899.88 PP

C2 $2,061.81 PP

A1 $2,268.50 PP

For $400 to $800 per couple I would pick a great 2B or CC location and eat a few nights in the Specialty Restaraunts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

2C OR 2B $1,899.88 PP

C2 $2,061.81 PP

A1 $2,268.50 PP

I would definitely book the A1, that puts you up at the top of the ship in the brand new rooms. We had 1116, which was a great room with a slightly larger balcony. That area is very private, we heard no noise from anywhere and the views of the night sky were marvelous. You are also just a few steps away from Tuscan Grill and Sunset lounge. If you don't want to spend the money on AQ, I sure would NOT spend the money on CC, I don't think the perks for CC are worth any money at all. But, of course, that's just my opinion.

Also we found on Connie in Blu that the waiters were more than happy to bring items from the MDR menu, in fact THE wait staff brought that fact up to us, we didn't ask. The atmosphere at Blu and the brand new rooms are definitely worth the upcharge IF you can afford it!

Edited by Gracie115

I am looking at an 11 night cruise for 2015 on both ships. They have the same itinerary. With all the promos the price is about the same. We enjoy both cruise lines, but have never been on an M class ship on Celebrity. I am hoping someone who has been on both class of ships ( M vs. Vision class) can let me know which one the preferred.

Thanks

I love both ship classes but if I were in your shoes, I'd lean toward Connie. I love the aft dining room with huge windows and I think the Solarium is nicer on Connie. Plus, I like the stateroom decor better and I think the MDR food is a little better. The only drawback is, there are fewer evening activities. But that said, it's still nice.

I've been on both and all things being equal I'd choose the Connie (in fact that is what I am doing this August).

To choose a Vision class ship over an M-Class ship there would have to be a price difference and/or a preferred itinerary. Nothing against the vision class but think the M-Class are that much nicer.