Appropriate dress for MDR

Ok, I am NOT trying to start another dress code debate thread, I am just trying to find out if what I'm thinking of wearing in MDR is appropriate. On casual nights I was thinking either nice, dark wash jeans or black slacks ( which ever is most appropriate). During the day I usually wear I nice halter top, which for dinner I was thinking I would put on a cardigan over it, and wear nice looking jewelry, or would it be more appropriate to wear a different top? I would wear nice flats each night for shoes. For formal nights, would nice slacks and a dressy blouse be acceptable? If not, no biggy, we will order room service or eat in the buffet. We will be on the Adventure in September of 2015 for a southern caribbean cruise, so I am just trying to figure out how to pack lightly, while still trying to abide by the suggested dress code. I REALLY don't care to pack 2 outfits for each day if I can help it lol :D. I've done several searches, with each thread having conflicting answers, so any advice and input is welcome. Thanks in advance :)

Ok, I am NOT trying to start another dress code debate thread, I am just trying to find out if what I'm thinking of wearing in MDR is appropriate. On casual nights I was thinking either nice, dark wash jeans or black slacks ( which ever is most appropriate). During the day I usually wear I nice halter top, which for dinner I was thinking I would put on a cardigan over it, and wear nice looking jewelry, or would it be more appropriate to wear a different top? I would wear nice flats each night for shoes. For formal nights, would nice slacks and a dressy blouse be acceptable? If not, no biggy, we will order room service or eat in the buffet. We will be on the Adventure in September of 2015 for a southern caribbean cruise, so I am just trying to figure out how to pack lightly, while still trying to abide by the suggested dress code. I REALLY don't care to pack 2 outfits for each day if I can help it lol :D. I've done several searches, with each thread having conflicting answers, so any advice and input is welcome. Thanks in advance :)

Don't see any problem with what you have in mind.

Enjoy your cruise

Agree - dress questions can often cause a ruckus on these boards!

I think everything you said sounds fine ......Just have a suggestion ...... You mentioned wearing a halter top during the day and then cardigan over it for evening, which is fine. However, after a full day in the Caribbean I usually find that I need a shower and fresh, clean clothes for dinner. You might want to consider a T-shirt, swimsuite w/coverup, or something similar for during the day, and have a change of clothes for dinner.

Too Late!

Elvis

I think everything you said sounds fine ......Just have a suggestion ...... You mentioned wearing a halter top during the day and then cardigan over it for evening, which is fine. However, after a full day in the Caribbean I usually find that I need a shower and fresh, clean clothes for dinner. You might want to consider a T-shirt, swimsuite w/coverup, or something similar for during the day, and have a change of clothes for dinner.

That's an idea I didn't think of, and would probably be perfect since most of our days will be beach days anyway :p:D. Thanks for the idea!

I totally agree with MPcC1998. But you might still get double duty out of some of those nice tops. We often cruise for a full week, with that much time, you can easily plan to wear that nice casual top to dinner one evening, then use it for daytime LATER in the week.

Since we've usually been swimming or on a hot excursion all afternoon, I do shower right before dinner, and put on fresh clothes then. You've got to figure, the blouse you use then will likely only be on your back, for about six hours. You can easily get another daytime wearing out of it two days later. Heck, half the time, the blouse I put on for a daytime excursion, is only on, for the few hours it takes to eat breakfast and head to the beach. Then off it comes. (But then, putting it back on, over my swim suit, for the trip back to the ship, pretty much makes it unwearable after that, until laundered again.