We're Onboard! Avalon's new Illumination

Hi, I'm onboard Avalon's new Illumination, which will be christened shortly, and happy to answer questions you may have. This ship is part of Avalon's Panorama class of ships (it's the 8th since Panorama itself was introduced in 2011). There are a few new tweaks, nothing major, and I'll provide a full report, plus a news item from the christening, later....

I'm only onboard overnight, so do try to get your questions in soon! Even if I'm off the ship, though, if I don't have an answer, I'll find out.

The godmother by the way is Deborah Hutton, an Australian model and celebrity (lots of Aussies onboard). Here's a photo from a tour she took earlier today, in Vienna, where we're docked, at the Spanish Riding School (pictured, from left, Barry Brown of Emirates Airline, Astrid Muholland-Licht, Austria Tourism's Australia head, one of the professional equestrians, which is quite an elite position, Deborah, and Stewart Williams, Avalon's Australasia MD).

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

festivities.jpg.cd0a52d1e82c905cf5bc358199b1d64b.jpg

There are some tables for two, anandaindonesia. In fact, the dining room set-up on Avalon is really much more relaxed than on many river ships, a lot less big tables, but lots of smaller tables that can be two-fers, four-tops, etc.

Carolyn

Happy to have more choices in river cruising.

Congratulations to the new ship!

Question : how's the seating arrangement in the dining room? Any table for two?

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
There are some tables for two, anandaindonesia. In fact, the dining room set-up on Avalon is really much more relaxed than on many river ships, a lot less big tables, but lots of smaller tables that can be two-fers, four-tops, etc.

Carolyn

So glad to hear that. The forced groups on the other ships are not something we are interested in. Hopefully you'll also report on any suites the boat may have. Thanks for your reports.