Legend Royal Suite - noise from Windjammer?

Hi all

I've been lucky enough to book a short cruise in the Royal Suite on Legend of the Seas but upon looking at the deck plans I see that it is directly under the Windjammer so was wondering if we'll be kept awake each night from noise above?

If anyone has experience of this cabin I'd be pleased to hear from you!

Thanks - Gae

Actually, I was talking to someone who had an OS on Grandeur, and he told me that there is a little noise while they clean up after it closes at night, and during setup in the morning, so there might be noisy all night, there is some after hours for a while. We were is GS last cruise, and it did get noisy at times - I was looking to move up to OS but after hearing that it was just as noisy, we stayed where we were :).

Hi all

I've been lucky enough to book a short cruise in the Royal Suite on Legend of the Seas but upon looking at the deck plans I see that it is directly under the Windjammer so was wondering if we'll be kept awake each night from noise above?

Thanks - Gae

We have had both cabin 8500 (RS) and 8502 (OS) on the Legend of the Seas. Actually there is more noise from above when living in cabin 8502, mostly early in the morning (around 4-5 AM), but the way that the sleeping quarters are laid out in 8500, you are close to the bridge, and remembering back, there was no noise that I can recall.

Enjoy the RS on the Legend.........it's great!!:)

Rick

We have had both cabin 8500 (RS) and 8502 (OS) on the Legend of the Seas. Actually there is more noise from above when living in cabin 8502, mostly early in the morning (around 4-5 AM), but the way that the sleeping quarters are laid out in 8500, you are close to the bridge, and remembering back, there was no noise that I can recall.

Enjoy the RS on the Legend.........it's great!!:)

Rick

Thanks! It all sounds encouraging! We certainly intend enjoying our couple of days in luxury! Hoping to persuade some friends to book an OS or GS on the same cruise to share the joys of the RS during our time onboard!

Perhaps I'll be using the earplugs that I always pack "just in case"! We always prefer to book a cabin between cabin decks so have not experienced noise from public areas to date.

The price of the RS with the BOGOHO was just too good to pass up as we've always wondered what the lap of luxury offered by RCCL would be like to experience for we humble country folk!

I mean to say - what will we do with a Baby Grand Piano for instance LOL!

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had an OS on Grandeur which was right next door to the bridge and under the windjammer. It's by far the noisiest cabin we've ever had - the slamming of the door every time someone went in or out of the bridge and the rolling carts above, starting at 5am every morning. Even with earplugs we were woken early every morning and would hesitate to choose this cabin again.

Hi all

Thanks - Gae

RS 8500 on the Legend was, far and away, the nosiest RS we've ever stayed in, and we've stayed in the RS in 4 other Vision class ships (Spendor, Rhapsody,

Grandeur, Vison) for at least 7 days each during the past year. In fact, it was the noisiest stateroom we've ever stayed in out of 30+ cruises across multiple cruise lines.

We stayed in RS 8500 on the Legend for 9 days (Venice to Barcelona) late last October. Despite repeated complaints to Luca (the concierge) as well as to Larissa (the previous concierge), the noises never subsided. They were all emanated from the buffet restaurant directly upstairs, especially between 12-3am and then 5-7am. Possibly other hours as well but it was a very port intense cruise so we weren't in the suite that much during the day to take notice.

The previous occupant also explicitly warned me about the noises:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40287794&postcount=217

Also, the piano disc player never worked - the ship was fresh out of drydock. Moreover, the stateroom attendant claimed there were no slippers when asked (Has the RS suddenly turned into the Days Inn?). There were many other shortcomings as well.

The experience was so disheartening that we have since stopped sailing with RCL and have switched to Celebrity's PH suites and similar class staterooms on Seaborne and other lines.

I mean to say - what will we do with a Baby Grand Piano for instance LOL!

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The baby grand was beautiful - if they've fixed the piano player, you can just put your favorite discs in it and play it.

10726571785_dab8940164_o.jpg

Edited by Kinofdc