Allure going to dry dock

FYI fellow CCs - I spoke with a RCCL customer service rep and was informed that the Allure of the Seas is anticipating an 18 day dry dock in 2015 before its European sailings begin.

Anyone know what will be done to her?

Looking at sailing this magnificent ship again in 2016...really wondering if they'll replace Chicago? I just read they're replacing Hairspray with Cats on Oasis...

Looking at sailing this magnificent ship again in 2016...really wondering if they'll replace Chicago? I just read they're replacing Hairspray with Cats on Oasis...

They talked about this a little on my 2013 Allure cruise. Allure began sailing late 2010 I believe. I was on her first season in 2011. I believe the Engineer told us in 13 that each ship requires a 5 year dry dock inpsection. That makes sense, especially on a new design and I'll bet they plan a lot of maintenance. Their are rumors of other changes that could happen involving Rita's or maybe even the dog house. I believe the shows like Chicago have a 5 year run, they may work on the stage for the next shows, but that is speculation on my part. Oasis goes first, so watch for news on her, it may apply to Allure as well. I'll be curious if they add the Samba Grill to Oasis.

My husband my cry if they touch the Dog House...he still talks about that place to this day...and missed it every day we sailed Oasis in 2012 ;) We sailed Allure in 2011 too and LOVED every second of it!!

You're absolutely right, I'll have to watch what happens to Oasis, although I am hoping for a better show than Cats on Allure ;)

They talked about this a little on my 2013 Allure cruise. Allure began sailing late 2010 I believe. I was on her first season in 2011. I believe the Engineer told us in 13 that each ship requires a 5 year dry dock inpsection. That makes sense, especially on a new design and I'll bet they plan a lot of maintenance. Their are rumors of other changes that could happen involving Rita's or maybe even the dog house. I believe the shows like Chicago have a 5 year run, they may work on the stage for the next shows, but that is speculation on my part. Oasis goes first, so watch for news on her, it may apply to Allure as well. I'll be curious if they add the Samba Grill to Oasis.

Agree. The Allure dry dock will be her 5-year scheduled maintenance dry dock, just as Oasis will soon be performing hers. This is planned approximately every 5 years with all RCI ships.

There certainly will be the usual cosmetic improvements and there has been speculation of some possible change with Rita's, similar to speculation of something with Seafood Shack on Oasis.

It also is likely - as Oasis is changing Hairspray for Cats - that Chicago would change on Allure as well. The main ship production shows as mentioned typically have a 5 year run frequently timed for change out with the maintenance dry docks.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

My husband my cry if they touch the Dog House...he still talks about that place to this day...and missed it every day we sailed Oasis in 2012 ;) We sailed Allure in 2011 too and LOVED every second of it!!

You're absolutely right, I'll have to watch what happens to Oasis, although I am hoping for a better show than Cats on Allure ;)

The Dog Haus has been my tradtional boarding lunch. (Twice constitutes a tradition right?) Then after going to our rooms and the crowd dies down, and before muster, we hit the Park Cafe around 4pm for a Roast beef sandwich with no lines. I've not heard anything about the dog haus, it was pure speculation on my part that they may look at the differences between Oasis and Allure and perhaps changes what doesn't work. I never saw the Dog Haus crowded, on embarkation day everyone is headed to the WJ or the Park Cafe, though the rumor'd secret lunch on Allure Embarkation day is now the Wipeout Cafe and its now breakfast place, so I hear.

General maintenance and inspection of the ships main components. There will be a possibility of a change in the Broadway show. I haven't heard of any major changes in or to venues on the ship but they are possible too.