Veendam CDC Score?

Euby

I was just looking at the ratings for the Veendam and noticed the CDC score was a 77! That is a low score. Has anyone been on recently and noticed anything that would cause the score to be so low?

My mom (85) and I (44) will be sailing her in Nov to Hawaii. I'm hoping something is done by then. I really don't want to wear a HazMat suit while on board.

As KK said, that was from August 2012. There were a number of items that were not done correctly in front of the inspectors. No excuses, they plain old should have not occurred. There was quite a discussion on CC about it and on our roll call for the January Antarctica sailing. I had heard, be it fact or not, that a number of individuals (officers/supervisors) that were involved had reason later to seek other employment. I can say that the ship appeared in good shape for our trip.

After that inspection the ship has scored 92-99%. I would not hesitate to book her again if she is going where I want to go. And that just MAY occur.

As KK said, that was from August 2012. There were a number of items that were not done correctly in front of the inspectors. No excuses, they plain old should have not occurred. There was quite a discussion on CC about it and on our roll call for the January Antarctica sailing. I had heard, be it fact or not, that a number of individuals (officers/supervisors) that were involved had reason later to seek other employment. I can say that the ship appeared in good shape for our trip.

After that inspection the ship has scored 92-99%. I would not hesitate to book her again if she is going where I want to go. And that just MAY occur.

This is all correct. We were on the sailing that failed and the next trip there was a pretty good turnover in officers and several were fired/"resigned" including the HM. There was a growing mutiny - well large disgruntlement - by the crew too, made for an "interesting" trip.

Thanks for the update. Someone may want to look into updating the Veendam info page with the correct information, so someone else doesn't the same mistake that I did.

I'm glad that I won't need the HazMat suit. It's hard enough to pack for a 17-day cruise. ;)

The previous scores by USPH remain on the site. As the ships are reinspected, the subsequent scores are posted. It isn't a question of updating; it is the history of the inspection scores.

Wow, who knew that this information was out there. Thanks for sharing.

Green Sheets/Inspection scores by USPH have been published on the Internet for years. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks after date of Inspection until the report is published.

If you do see something on the ship speak to a supervisor. A few days ago I saw one of the Lido servers put is gloved hand in his pocket to itch or what ever then picked up some green beans laying on the table and put into the pot the was on stove. The supervisor had me point the guy out and was not to pleased about what happened. I ended up going to the other side of the Lido for food.

I was in the Lady's room when the party planner came out of a stall and didn't wash her hands. She even had her apron on ( not sure if she was heading to or from a demonstration and it doesn't matter). Another pax and I just looked at each other, and I headed to the front desk. Before I got there an officer appeared and I told him what and who. He headed off quickly after her. Somehow I think that didn't happen again. :D