Seating Assignment - Jet Blue

FlaGrl4Evr

Would another CC member be able to share with me how Jet Blue handles

their seating assignments? I have checked their web-site and found

information on baggage, etc.... but nothing on how one books a seat.

Is it an extra rate to get a seat assignment prior to the flight, automatically

assigned .... ?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Would another CC member be able to share with me how Jet Blue handles their seating assignments? I have checked their web-site and found information on baggage, etc.... but nothing on how one books a seat.

Is it an extra rate to get a seat assignment prior to the flight, automatically assigned .... ?

I've taken out what I think are spurious line spaces in your post.

You can choose your seat as part of the booking process, as you'll see if you start to make a dummy booking. You pay extra if you want an "Even More Space" seat, but you don't have to pay for a normal seat.

We did a transcon on Jet Blue last Oct. At the time I booked the fares, I read on their site that they start boarding from the rear to the front. I chose seats in the first section to board to be sure we had bin space. Even though the first checked bag is free, the bins were full by the end of boarding.If I can find the info again I'll come back and post a link.

We did a transcon on Jet Blue last Oct. At the time I booked the fares, I read on their site that they start boarding from the rear to the front. I chose seats in the first section to board to be sure we had bin space. Even though the first checked bag is free, the bins were full by the end of boarding.If I can find the info again I'll come back and post a link.

JetBlue boarding order:

Boarding order

Boarding details

JetBlue offers pre-boarding/silent boarding on all of our flights for customers needing assistance.

Silent Boarding must be requested at the gate prior to our general boarding announcements.

Silent Boarding includes boarding first and assistance with stowing belongings.

Boarding procedure

Silent Boarding – those customers who have requested or identified as needing assistance in boarding. Customers must present when boarding begins.

Priority Boarding for Mosaic and Even More® Space customers that have purchased upgraded seating

Pre-boarding for families with children under the age of two and customers needing additional assistance

General Boarding – Offered in 5 rows increments beginning at the back of the aircraft

Any remaining customers

Unaccompanied minors

Customers are encouraged to remain comfortably seated until their row is called for boarding.

Edited by grandma*knows*best

OK here's the link. Scroll down the page to Boarding Details and you will see the info there.

http://www.jetblue.com/travel/special-needs/

And they do pretty much stick to the boarding process, with one addition. Deadheading crew board first usually when the cabin is being cleaned if the plane is being turned. You see that a lot in MCO since that is a training base no announcement the gate agent just tells uniform crew they can board.

Interesting info on boarding. We are taking our first JetBlue flight in November from FLL to PIT. What happens if all the cabin space is used up? Do they then have to check the bags for a fee? We will be returning from an almost three week vacation and transatlantic cruise and we will have two roller bags. We will have checked the larger bags. If they gate check, that will be fine. I will pack my IPAD in my purse. My husband will have his camera. Just need to know. We are towards the front over the wings. We couldn't beat the price for a nonstop!

Pearl

Interesting info on boarding. We are taking our first JetBlue flight in November from FLL to PIT. What happens if all the cabin space is used up? Do they then have to check the bags for a fee? We will be returning from an almost three week vacation and transatlantic cruise and we will have two roller bags. We will have checked the larger bags. If they gate check, that will be fine. I will pack my IPAD in my purse. My husband will have his camera. Just need to know. We are towards the front over the wings. We couldn't beat the price for a nonstop!

Pearl

Our flight was pretty full but I don't recall any announcements about gate checking bags as I have heard with other airlines. You may be able to change your seats and move back if you are worried about it. I'm sorry I can't answer your question about charging for a gate checked bag if overheads are full.

Jet Blue has sine great fares and the ride was fine....in seat entertainment, snacks, leather seats that were comfortable and because we did a transcon, we received a slumber pak with ear plugs and eye shade....in coach.

Pearl

I'm a jetBlue guru. Love them. No worries about the bag. If you can't find a place for it they WILL gate check it for you no problem. You will claim it at the gate when you arrive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

I'm a jetBlue guru. Love them. No worries about the bag. If you can't find a place for it they WILL gate check it for you no problem. You will claim it at the gate when you arrive.

I'm not a Jet Blue flyer so I could be wrong, but with most airlines the term GATE CHECKING means they check the bag at the gate because the overhead space is full, but you do not pick it up at the gate at the end of that flight segments; you pick it up at baggage claim as you would a regular bag.

VALET CHECKING means it's a small commuter plane that generally doesn't have overheads big enough to accommodate rollaboard bags, even when the overheads are empty, so they check the bag at the gate AND you pick it up at the gate at the end of that flight segment.

If memory serves me correctly "on how one books a seat".....after you book the flight, the next prompt will take you to "Seat Selection". A diagram of the cabin will come up with available seats in one color, those already reserved in another...... select your seat and when you print your boarding pass, it will have the seat assignment on it.

I'm not a Jet Blue flyer so I could be wrong, but with most airlines the term GATE CHECKING means they check the bag at the gate because the overhead space is full, but you do not pick it up at the gate at the end of that flight segments; you pick it up at baggage claim as you would a regular bag.

VALET CHECKING means it's a small commuter plane that generally doesn't have overheads big enough to accommodate rollaboard bags, even when the overheads are empty, so they check the bag at the gate AND you pick it up at the gate at the end of that flight segment.

I guess I mean claim at gate. You take it on the plane if there is no room you can ask a flight attendant and they will get a gate agent to check it and give you a claim at gate tag. I know they don't charge and it isn't a big deal. You should be fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Edited by Justyman87