Travel iron/coathangers etc.

Just a quickie. Can someone advise on whethere we are allowed to take a travel iron on Independence. Also do we need to take our own coat hangers. Been packing today and have got loads of stuff to hang. On Independence in 8 days. Thanks in advance. Ade and Deb.

Travel irons are not permitted. Hangers are provided and if there are not enough, your cabin steward will gladly get more for you.

TRUE! TRUE!

I've been to the naughty corner for the travel iron long ago. Not worth it, even when ignorant! LOL :(

I always take some hangers with us. I will have them in shirts/tops and when we get our luggage all I have to do is get ahold of the hanger and hang them up. so easy. If I have room in luggage I bring them home otherwise I leave them on the ship.

Travel irons will be confiscated. I hate ironing at home. I loathe ironing, but ironing on vacation? No way. I hang a few items up at a time and steam them in the bathroom. If there is a bad wrinkle or crease, I spritz it with a little Downey Wrinkle Release. It's the best invention EVER for travel. At worst, send it to be pressed. The cost is half that of dry cleaning. Quite honestly, I don't let a little wrinkle or two worry me. I occasionally carry a few wire hangers, but really could get these from the steward.

Better leave the iron at home then. Thanks for the replies.

Yes - leave it home. There is laundry and dry cleaning services available for a fee.

Your room steward can also get additional hangers for you if needed.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I always put a bundle of wine hangers in my luggage. There is never enough in the closet, and their wooden hangers are too bulky. Sometimes (especially if I am not flying to the port) I will pack all my shirts already on the hangers so that I just have to pull them out of the luggage and hang them up when I get there.

Just a quickie. Can someone advise on whethere we are allowed to take a travel iron on Independence. Also do we need to take our own coat hangers. Been packing today and have got loads of stuff to hang. On Independence in 8 days. Thanks in advance. Ade and Deb.

no to both.

irons are NOT allowed period.

there will be plenty of hangers in the closets.

We tried to hide a small travel iron in our luggage but we had to make a trip to ship security as they held our luggage from being delivered to our room. They made us open our luggage and take it out. We were suppose to get it back at the end of the cruise but we forgot to pick it up

On my Grandeur cruise last December they sent my travel steamer to the naughty room. Seems since the Grandeur fire they are being extra careful. It did surprise me since I bought the steamer a year before on the Freedom. Downey wrinkle remover works if you need to cruise without worrying about wrinkles.