Boy, that was a long boat ride!

Hi all, Just off the Navigator OTS almost 2 weeks ago and I have a question for all of the Seasoned Cruisers.

When in Belize....we tendered......It takes about 25 minutes from ship to shore....Maybe 5 miles......Is this the Longest Tender ride ever or is there another port or ports that are even more WAY OUT THERE. The shuttle was FUN and it is a Beautiful ride...Just never been on a shuttle that long. I added pictures of Cabo San Lucas Mexico, CoCo Cay....both tender port and Malaga Spain....Not a Tender, but a Hike down the Pier. Also remember Progresso Mexico....that was a 1 to 2 mile pier to get on and off the ship. Are there any others out there in the Big World we should know about. We have only sailed Europe and the Caribbean and the US.

Pictures too if you can!

Thanks

Mike

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/pscruizinboyz/212_zps2de27936.jpg

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/pscruizinboyz/404_zps1c76ebc9.jpg

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/pscruizinboyz/IMG_5609.jpg

Falmouth (the original one in Cornwall, not Jamaica) is also a long and often rough tender. I've never done it but live nearby and have heard about it. Its the reason that alot of big ships don't call there often, they are always talking about dredging so the ships can come right in but as always money is the problem!

Julie

Is this the Longest Tender ride ever or is there another port or ports that are even more WAY OUT THERE.

I was on Enchantment's first ever call to Rhode Island in May of 2012... horrible weather with driving rain and winds!! Enchantment used the life boats as tenders... totally hilarious as it took forever to load people as well as sail them into the channel through very choppy water, at least 1/2 hour each way.

What's worse is that the life boats all leaked :eek:... and not just a little bit either, so when the lifeboat took on a big swell a whole pile of water shifted at the top of the vessel and dumped onto several passenger's lap! Of course water then travelled along the ceiling of the vessel as it pitched & rolled and then dripped onto many other areas and people also. Wow, there were several very angry and totally wet passengers. Happened on a few different areas locations of the vessel to various passengers... of course we all squished together best we could to make room for all the wet folks and more water splooshed down onto the empty seating. The RCL crew who were driving the boats couldn't see out of the window, all fogged up, so they had to stick there heads out into the driving rain to see where they were going. Unreal! Was not fun at the time but totally comical now just thinking about it. :rolleyes::p

We were also surprised about the long tender ride to the Belize pier. What was most amazing was the ride back to the ship was much quicker. We were puzzled as to why. We still don't know. Fellow cruisers on the tender commented about how much faster we got back to the ship.