Cookies

nmg85

The diet is doomed for sure. My favorite on Princess is the Oatmeal Raisin, I have also had Chocolate chip, Brownie and Peanut Butter

stop it, I can smell them, nearly taste them, this is why I loose weight pre cruise

OP, on land chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. On a Princess ship the delightful Peanut Butter cookies that are served in the Piazza in the afternoon are my favorite.

I admit: I packed a ziplock bag of about six chocolate chip cookies from the IC the last couple of days of our last cruise -- got to savoy my cruise for a few days after I got home.:)

Great idea!:D:D:D

The peanut butter cookies are awesome!!!!! Soooo yummy!!!

[ATTACH]315376[/ATTACH]

First, last and always, peanut butter cookies are my addiction, and Princess has the best (next to my long-deceased grandmother).

One night, when you still had to go to the buffet after 11:00 for food, I went all the way up there for cookies and tea. I brought them back to my cabin, on deck 5, forward. A long trek. As I tried to balance the cookies and my tea and open the cabin door, the cookies slid off of the plate, onto the floor. I almost cried. I stood there for about 10 seconds, staring at the cookies, looked around and bent down and scooped them up, applying the 20 second rule. I brushed them off and ate them, and lived to tell the tale. I know, icky, but I bet almost all of you would do it for a peanut butter cookie!

Maureen

The peanut butter cookies are awesome!!!!! Soooo yummy!!!

As one of (apparently) few people on earth who don't like peanut butter cookies, I always ask for the oatmeal. If they don't have those, I just say no thanks. The way I see it, I'm saving them for the rest of you. :) One time the sweet girl with the tray kept saying, "Really? Really?" when I told her I didn't like the peanut butter kind.:D

As one of (apparently) few people on earth who don't like peanut butter cookies, I always ask for the oatmeal. If they don't have those, I just say no thanks. The way I see it, I'm saving them for the rest of you. :) One time the sweet girl with the tray kept saying, "Really? Really?" when I told her I didn't like the peanut butter kind.:D

OK, I'll eat your share. :D I have a feeling DH and I had better plan on using the stairs a lot on our upcoming cruise. Fortunately it's port intensive so we'll be doing a lot of walking on shore.

I'm a firm believer if they would put the Purser's desk next to the IC, that the smell of freshly baked cookies would cut down on the number of complaints :D

I agree!

One of my favorite treats is watching a movie on MUTS on a cool evening, falling asleep under the stars while dh enjoys the movie, and having him wake me in time for the cookies and milk. I love the peanut butter cookies, and dh's favorites are the chocolate chip.

Edited by FritzG

i'm a firm believer if they would put the purser's desk next to the ic, that the smell of freshly baked cookies would cut down on the number of complaints :d

like!!!

Edited by dorisis

It is not just the tasty cookies...it is the experience. The first time I had the cookies was by the pool, wrapped up in my towel, wet hair dripping. Just then, appeared on a plate before me, 2 warm chocolate chip cookies and a glass of cold milk. And for a moment, I was transformed into a 7 year old kid again. Thank you, Princess.

As I tried to balance the cookies and my tea and open the cabin door, the cookies slid off of the plate, onto the floor. I almost cried. I stood there for about 10 seconds, staring at the cookies, looked around and bent down and scooped them up, applying the 20 second rule. I brushed them off and ate them, and lived to tell the tale. I know, icky, but I bet almost all of you would do it for a peanut butter cookie!

Maureen

I wouldn't. The cookies are good, but not that good. Besides. I thought it was a 5 second rule.

On our last cruise (which was long, with very few kids on board) every afternoon room service would deliver cookies for the kids in our staterooms. It was a nice touch, which wasn't expected, but of course the kids loved it. They were usually in the kids' center at that time so they missed the fresh cookies on deck. It got to the point that anytime someone knocked on our cabin door our 2 year old (not in kids' center yet) would run toward it yelling "cookie!!!" :p

The Cookie Fairy, um cabin steward, would often leave a plate with a cookie covered with plastic wrap on our desk. Funny, the cookie would mysteriously disappear before our teen returned to our cabin.;)

I'm another person who doesn't like peanut butter. I hate biting into a cookie or anything else and tasting it -- gag.

I wouldn't. The cookies are good, but not that good. Besides. I thought it was a 5 second rule.

It is the 5-second rule, but I extended it for special circumstances. The rug looked clean and the thought of walking back to HorizonCourt from deck 5 forward was scarier than eating a cookie that hit the ground. :rolleyes: Heck, I don't even do that in my own house! But then again, I have 3 dogs and 2 cats.

Maureen

Unfortunately, I've eaten a lot of Princess cookies. Way too many. Cookies are my weakness. I love soft and chewy. In my experience, they aren't always soft and chewy, but they're still pretty good. I think it depends on the pastry chef. It's actually better for me if they aren't all soft and chewy!

I've never seen gluten free cookies, but they do have gluten free desserts. I love the meringues.

Now, the problem is that I've stopped eating sugar. My friend says to me, "how are you going to go on a cruise now?" I don't know.

We just got off of the Golden Princess on Saturday from Alaska. My husband has a thing for peanut butter cookies and I can accurately report that the cookies in the IC are over baked, not soft at all. I sampled all of them there and they were all hard. In the buffet they were soft but not IC. And on this 7 day cruise I never once saw anyone coming around serving cookies and we stayed on deck most of the time. The only thing they came around offering was to sign up for wine tasting or Crab Shack, or trying to sell specialty drinks.

I sampled all of them there and they were all hard.

You sampled ALL of them? LOL. The cookie time is about 3 pm or so (I think) so if you aren't on deck or in the Piazza at that time, you will miss out.

You sampled ALL of them? LOL. The cookie time is about 3 pm or so (I think) so if you aren't on deck or in the Piazza at that time, you will miss out.

LOL....Sorry, I meant that I sampled each variety.....none of them were soft.