Cookies

nmg85

The ones we experienced on our recent cruise were fantastic, soft and chewy. However, we have experienced the break-a-tooth kind of cookie as well. I think it all depends on the cookie chef.

this is from my partner... Are the cookies on board soft and chewy or the more biscuit type cookies? I think he is a little concerned about his diet!

the chewy kind & taste like home, fresh baked. Very addictive so be careful.:d:d:d:d:d:d

This is from my partner... Are the cookies on board soft and chewy or the more biscuit type cookies? I think he is a little concerned about his diet!
OOoohh,, they are soft and chewy.

No need to be concerned; we've found that all the extra exercise we get walking from one end of the ship to another, plus stairs (when we can), plus exercise on shore excursions means we can indulge some and still lose weight. Cookies, and dinner rolls are definitely on the indulge some list, and for most else it is a case of eat sensibly.

Forget the diet. Enjoy the cruise.

The ones we experienced on our recent cruise were fantastic, soft and chewy. However, we have experienced the break-a-tooth kind of cookie as well. I think it all depends on the cookie chef.

It's not the Cookie Chef!!!!! It's the Cookie Monster. :)

My DW can sniff out the cookies on any ship. Once she finds them all is lost. If are room is on the 12th level cookies are always on the 5th. Every night no matter what level we are on, she needs cookies to take back to the room. Only blessing is we always use the stairs, so she I'd burning the calories and I am plum tired by the time we finally make it back to the room.

Edited by Exquzet
spell

On our last cruise (which was long, with very few kids on board) every afternoon room service would deliver cookies for the kids in our staterooms. It was a nice touch, which wasn't expected, but of course the kids loved it. They were usually in the kids' center at that time so they missed the fresh cookies on deck. It got to the point that anytime someone knocked on our cabin door our 2 year old (not in kids' center yet) would run toward it yelling "cookie!!!" :p

My DW can sniff out the cookies on any ship. Once she finds them all is lost. If are room is on the 12th level cookies are always on the 5th. Every night no matter what level we are on, she needs cookies to take back to the room. Only blessing is we always use the stairs, so she I'd burning the calories and I am plum tired by the time we finally make it back to the room.
To put that in perspective, a chocolate chip cookie probably has about 80 calories, which for a 150 pound person to burn off might take the equivalent of walking up five flights of stairs three times in a day. The good news is heavier people burn more calories, thus would need fewer flights of stairs to burn off the calories.

We were sitting in the Piazza on the Grand having a cocktail.

They kept bringing cookies for about an hour.

Soft, easy to chew and gooey.

We had brought a ziplock (wife always has one with her in case we find something neat on the beach).

Stored cookies in it this time and took them with us.

So GOOD!