Silver/gold wine package

margbem

Can anyone tell me what the wines are on these packages at the moment?

Also, would our chosen discount as silver members apply to a package as well as single bottles from the premium list.

Thanks.

http://www.seabourn.com/luxury-cruise-vacation-onboard/Vintage-Seabourn.action

Silver package: I was thrilled that a couple of my preferred selections were on the list. Retail value is $50 to $75, so the value is fine, and better than the house selection.

Not sure what you mean by "discount as silver members" - we too are silver members but not aware of a discount applicable to wine - or to anything. Am I missing something?

Edited by Pop-I

http://www.seabourn.com/luxury-cruise-vacation-onboard/Vintage-Seabourn.action

Silver package: I was thrilled that a couple of my preferred selections were on the list. Retail value is $50 to $75, so the value is fine, and better than the house selection.

Not sure what you mean by "discount as silver members" - we too are silver members but not aware of a discount applicable to wine - or to anything. Am I missing something?

Thanks Pop-I

As silver members you choose from a list such as a free bag of laundry, free 2hour internet etc. One of the choices is 10% off premium wines. We have used that before when buying bottles singly but not for the silver wine package.

Thanks for the link!

Thanks Pop-I

As silver members you choose from a list such as a free bag of laundry, free 2hour internet etc. One of the choices is 10% off premium wines. We have used that before when buying bottles singly but not for the silver wine package.

Thanks for the link!

Forgot about that. We use for laundry, internet and the mini-massage, and then use part of our credit to the Silver wine package.

Enjoy. By the way, if you don't care for the house wines being poured, just ask for another.

you can write to seagift@seabourn.com ask for an example of a menu from a past cruise.

Silver/gold wine package vary from cruise to cruise and are constantly changing. They cannot provide you with an exact menu until you are onboard the ship.

I am happy with gold package from last year so I probably will go with the wine package again next week.

you can write to seagift@seabourn.com ask for an example of a menu from a past cruise.

Silver/gold wine package vary from cruise to cruise and are constantly changing. They cannot provide you with an exact menu until you are onboard the ship.

I am happy with gold package from last year so I probably will go with the wine package again next week.

Thanks very much. I will try emailing that address. I have already emailed Seabourn Club with no success.

• 5 months later...
Thanks Pop-I

Thanks for the link!

As silver members do you mean Platinum as we are or is it somethimg else again ?

As silver members do you mean Platinum as we are or is it somethimg else again ?

It is 'something else again' as it is a different point on the scale of the Seabourn Club - and you will presumably have passed through the silver member stage on your way to Platinum!

Seabourn Club Member: 0-19 points

Silver Member: 20-69 points

Gold Member: 70-139 points

Platinum Member: 140-249 points

Diamond Member: 250+ points.

reviving a 6 month old thread to fail at stealth boasting? How can you serioiusly think silver and platinum are the same level? :confused:

Anyway, as a mere silver, now that the thread has been revived, I'll add an answer to the original question.

In addition to the wine packages put together by SB there's another option. We often put together our own package from the wine list and because we're buying in bulk :D, the Head Sommelier will come up with a generously discounted price for our package.

Always worth consideration if you don't care for the SB fixed packages.

Edited by Nigella

reviving a 6 month old thread to fail at stealth boasting? How can you serioiusly think silver and platinum are the same level? :confused:

So is my Pewter membership above or below your Silver ?

I'm pretty sure I won't go thirsty. I think some of the hotels we are staying at pre-cruise insist you take a few bottles with you so if all else fails stay close :)

Henry

So is my Pewter membership above or below your Silver ?

I'm pretty sure I won't go thirsty. I think some of the hotels we are staying at pre-cruise insist you take a few bottles with you so if all else fails stay close :)

Henry

Henry,

I thought that you were still on Gangrene level.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just think, Henry - when you have completed 140 days with Seabourn you will be entitled to a FREE week on board. Hope this will spur you on! I don't think any other line offers such a worthwhile incentive as this, and I suspect many newbies to Seabourn are not aware of it. Or, wait until 250 days and have two weeks.