Baltic Cruise 2015 /Silhouette May 3rd 13 night cruise

Does any one have recommendations about private tours on these BALTIC PORTS l Also .can any of these ports be walkable from where the ship docks ? TIA for replies ;):)

.Warnemunde Germany

.Tal;linn ,Estonia

.Saint Petersburg Russia (2 days in port )

.Helsinki ,Finland ,

.Stockholm ,Sweden

.Fredericia ,Denmark

Cpenhagen ,Denmark

Amsterdam ,Netherlands

Edited by mcrcruiser

Does any one have recommendations about private tours on these BALTIC PORTS l Also .can any of these ports be walkable from where the ship docks ? TIA for replies ;):)

.Warnemunde Germany

.Tal;linn ,Estonia

.Saint Petersburg Russia (2 days in port )

.Helsinki ,Finland ,

.Stockholm ,Sweden

.Fredericia ,Denmark

Cpenhagen ,Denmark

Amsterdam ,Netherlands

Did a similar on constellation a few years back. Fab trip. My thoughts

.Warnemunde Germany - Berlin is a long way. We did the celebrity tour via train and boat ride. Was a long day but comfortable and saw the main sites. Would recommend it

.Tal;linn ,Estonia. You are right by the old town. Just walk and explore

.Saint Petersburg Russia (2 days in port ) we did ships tours. 1 to summer palace and the hermitage. Second a boat tour. They were good

.Helsinki ,Finland , we walked round. Wasn't impressed with the city at all

.Stockholm ,Sweden . Do it yourself. We jumped In a cab to the vassa.wow. Then used transport about

.Fredericia ,Denmark . Not been

Cpenhagen ,Denmark . Easy to walk about but have also done a tour across the bridge

Amsterdam ,Netherlands . Fab city on foot. Don't miss Anne frank house but prebook

I think I did a review on it

Check out the roll call from this year's May 21st Baltic Cruise. A lot of private tour info there.

We didn't do a single ships tour.

We used SPB for Berlin, Tallinn and St Pete's. We had a fabulous guide in Tallinn but our StP guide was so so. Heard everyone who traveled with TJ was really happy.

Heard good things about Friends of Dave if you don't go into Berlin.

Did a private tour in Copenhagen with Richard Carpen who is suggested by Rick Steves. It was good but a canal tour there is a MUST. Way better than in Amsterdam.

In Stockholm I suggest the hop on hop off BOAT. You come out from the ship and turn left walking to end of pier. It hits VASA (a must) -old town etc.

We took a shuttle into Helsinki and walked to rock church, esplanade park and Market square.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1835913

Edited by mimbecky
added link

Friends of Dave Tours...Magical Mecklenburg with Dave as guide!

***St. Petersburg: SPB - private tour for two for two days or a group from ship.

Tallinn: Use the Tallinn Walking Tour and do it yourself or the free walking tour.

Stockholm: Hop on Hop off boats to Vasa and as a water cruise to enjoy the sea view. Then to Old Town.

Happy Sails!

Edited by Lastdance

We used SPBTours for most locations. All of the tour guides were wonderful, except the one in Warnemunde. Anna was our tour guide in St Petersburg. She was probably the best guide we've ever had. We customized our St P tour. I would definitely recommend the company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your tips & advise:D .

If any one else has good information on the Baltic ports we really will appreciate your comments here ;).TIA

If you are interested in doing the Friends of Dave tour...Magical Mecklenburg... book ASAP. I did it almost a year in advance and got the last few seats! You can start it on CC Roll Call, but advise those who want to join to do it themselves. You are not responsible and you don't pay until the tour.:)

Edited by Lastdance

Thank you all for your tips & advise:D .

If any one else has good information on the Baltic ports we really will appreciate your comments here ;).TIA

We also used SPB Tours for St Petersburg and simply would recommend them to anyone. They are such a professional company who will bend over backwards to make your time in St Petersburg the best ever.

personally, I would stay away from any ship's tours. You can easily do all the other ports on your own, but if you do wish a tour, companies like SPB Tours do tours in many of the other ports you will be in. As a plus, the more you book with them, the more money you will save.

Just scan these boards and you will find a wealth of info on all the ports, specifically from people who live there. They do such an excellent job of helping all who have questions.

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

Thanks again for all the tips .Seems SPB tours is a favorite when it comes rto St Petersburg ;)

Tip: request NOT to be put with Eugenia as your guide in Russia. She was not personable at all. Several of us were disappointed- SPB was notified.