Glass blocks with ship for recognition

Is RCI still giving C & A members glass blocks with the ship their currently sailing on etched inside at certain milestones? Or has this been discontinued? I was trying to find out what number of cruise points you need to have to earn one, but cannot find any information.

Is RCI still giving C & A members glass blocks with the ship their currently sailing on etched inside at certain milestones? Or has this been discontinued? I was trying to find out what number of cruise points you need to have to earn one, but cannot find any information.

They're still doing it. Starting at 140 points then every 70 points there after.

When we first learned about this program (thanks to the knowledgeable veteran cruisers who post here), I emailed C & A and told them we achieved the 140 point milestone in February on Brilliance. They emailed back an apology for missing it and mailed us the glass block of Brilliance within a couple of weeks. It's a nice keepsake!

Margy

When we first learned about this program (thanks to the knowledgeable veteran cruisers who post here), I emailed C & A and told them we achieved the 140 point milestone in February on Brilliance. They emailed back an apology for missing it and mailed us the glass block of Brilliance within a couple of weeks. It's a nice keepsake!

Margy

When we made the 140, we got a nice note saying the Explorer blocks were out of stock but one would be mailed to us. It took almost two months but it came............

Edited by phoenix1181
Had to check ship name.

I was told the first one was at 210 points, which I made during my last cruise and received the block in my cabin. If I had known about the 140 I would have requested one. One thing I will be looking out for is that when I am due for my next one I sure hope I am driving to the port. The one I got actually weighed on my scale at just shy of 4 pounds, had to rearrange my suitcases to stay below airline limits :-).

We never got one and we're now at 165 points. I don't know which cruise made us 140

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I was told the first one was at 210 points, which I made during my last cruise and received the block in my cabin. If I had known about the 140 I would have requested one. One thing I will be looking out for is that when I am due for my next one I sure hope I am driving to the port. The one I got actually weighed on my scale at just shy of 4 pounds, had to rearrange my suitcases to stay below airline limits :-).

Give C and A a call and let them know that you never got one. I had to call for ours at 140 but we hit that number during the point conversion period.

Give C and A a call and let them know that you never got one. I had to call for ours at 140 but we hit that number during the point conversion period.

I would.....but I don't really like them :-( Are they sturdy enough to use as a doorstop?

Note that if you had 19 (old) cruise points at the time of the conversion to (new) Cruise night points, you ended up at 143 points and never had a 20th cruise (the old criteria for a Block), not did you accrue a 140th point (the new criteria for your first block). I was in this situation and mentioned it to the L.A. on my next (20th) cruise; they quickly checked my record and I got the "140 block". I doubt that I would have gotten one if I hadn't brought it up.

Thom

I wasn't aware these were given out when you reached certain levels. I reached the 140 mark in the middle of my last cruise, which was over a year ago, but didn't receive anything. Sailing again in a few weeks, so maybe a surprise will await me?!???! Then again, a visit from the upgrade fairy would be even a nicer surprise! ;)

I wasn't aware these were given out when you reached certain levels. I reached the 140 mark in the middle of my last cruise, which was over a year ago, but didn't receive anything. Sailing again in a few weeks, so maybe a surprise will await me?!???! Then again, a visit from the upgrade fairy would be even a nicer surprise! ;)

You're supposed to get the block on the cruise you earn the points. So you probably won't get a block on your next cruise. You can call C&A and tell them you missed your block. They should be able to send you the one you missed.

You're supposed to get the block on the cruise you earn the points. So you probably won't get a block on your next cruise. You can call C&A and tell them you missed your block. They should be able to send you the one you missed.

Thanks for the info. It won't be the end of the world if I missed out, though! :)

Our last cruise was our first as diamonds and we meet many nice people in the diamond lounge a few of them had 140 points or more and did not know about the block, after some discussion with them they went and saw the C&A ambassador and received their in their cabin the next day. It seems that some C&A ambassadors do a great job in keeping up to date with the loyal cruisers and others just miss the mark, I know we all get busy and miss things but come on 210 points and no block, it seems a bit rude to me. Royal should be Loyal.

Our last cruise was our first as diamonds and we meet many nice people in the diamond lounge a few of them had 140 points or more and did not know about the block, after some discussion with them they went and saw the C&A ambassador and received their in their cabin the next day. It seems that some C&A ambassadors do a great job in keeping up to date with the loyal cruisers and others just miss the mark, I know we all get busy and miss things but come on 210 points and no block, it seems a bit rude to me. Royal should be Loyal.

I've found that when I'm on a milestone cruise, it's a good idea to visit the LA early in the cruise and mention the milestone. Sometimes they don't have us on the milestone list for one reason or another. Several times they have just given us the block on the spot.