Glass blocks with ship for recognition

We've cruised on Royal a bit and have a few. We did a B2B on the Oasis this past April. We were due for a block for the 1st leg and got to our cabin one night and it was lying on the bed.

About the middle of the 2nd leg, we returned to our cabin one night and there was another one on the bed. Not sure what happened on Royal's end but we ended up walking off the ship with 2 Oasis blocks.

Tim

It takes 6 days after the cruise for your points to post... and the run the manifest 3 days before the end of the current cruise, so when they ran the numbers it showed that you were due a block on the 2nd cruise as well because it was still before the end of your first cruise.

This works the other way if you are due a block on your 2nd cruise. The points from the first cruise won't be in the system yet when they run the numbers.

It takes 6 days after the cruise for your points to post... and the run the manifest 3 days before the end of the current cruise, so when they ran the numbers it showed that you were due a block on the 2nd cruise as well because it was still before the end of your first cruise.

This works the other way if you are due a block on your 2nd cruise. The points from the first cruise won't be in the system yet when they run the numbers.

The Loyalty Ambassadors have the current, correct numbers and usually award the blocks on the correct cruise. They do not have to wait for the points to be posted. Ships sometimes run out of blocks and so sometimes blocks aren't received when they should be. They will be mailed (sometimes needs some prompting) but are not received on the next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

We got our first on Anthem last month and it is beautiful. It's on display in our family room!

The blocks that I have seen from that class look very cool. They show the Northstar and the large (in miniature) animal sculptures. :D

Just received this from C&A today.

We are proud to honor our most loyal members with a milestone recognition gift: A crystal block engraved with the image and name of the ship where the milestone point was earned. The decorative block is beautifully crafted and meant to be displayed as an eye-catching reminder of your dedication to Royal Caribbean International.

The commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 Cruise Points, and every 70 Cruise Points thereafter. The gift will be delivered on the first day of your sailing. If you do not receive your gift by the end of the first night of your voyage, we encourage you to contact the Loyalty & Cruise Sales associates for assistance the following day. In order to receive this and all of your onboard benefits, as well as your Cruise Points once your sailing has completed, please include your Crown & Anchor Society membership number in all of your future reservations.

Kindly be advised that members are entitled to one milestone recognition gift per household. If you decline the receipt of your gift onboard for any reason, we are unable to order a replacement.

Proves we get could advice on these boards.:)

Got my second (210 points) block on the Liberty in May. Came near the end of the cruise, but it came automatically without me having to ask for it. YMMV

Thom

Ours never came (at 140) and we decided we did not want to start another dust collection, so did not ask for it.

I think it is hit or miss.

When I want to look at one, I google.

They do look nice! Would be interesting to know if some people plan what ship they want a block of and book that ship when reaching 140, 210, etc.

Edited by shipshape sam

We have 132 points. On our Alaska cruise We will reach 140 on the land portion of our trip. Would we get a block while still on the ship?

We hit 140 while on Freedom and I checked with the Loyality Ambasador and he awarded us one . We will be on Oasis next year when we hit our next number and I plan on doing the same thing, hopefully it will work.

Are you waiting for a Serenade block? We are too. Last time I contacted them , I was told 6 to 8 weeks. It's over 8 weeks so I will be contacting them again.

Hi guys!! :)

We think the LA on the Serenade is the worst ever!! We were due for another block

about 3 days into the cruise. She told us we would not get it on that ship, as we would

get it on the next ship once our points have been posted to our account after the cruise.

HUH???!! Guess she does not know how to read the policy rules of her own company.

After correcting her, she then promised she would send us a block later (of course it never showed up).

Explained the situation to our wonderful LA on our following cruise on Enchantment, who set up

one of the best ever presentations to award us with our block (that we never got from Serenade)

and were thrilled with the framed photo of us with her and the captain, plus a certificate.

Was quite happy to get that delayed block showing the Enchantment instead.

Many others have had problems with that LA and not getting their block as well.

Edited by island lady

Ours never came (at 140) and we decided we did not want to start another dust collection, so did not ask for it.

I think it is hit or miss.

When I want to look at one, I google.

They do look nice! Would be interesting to know if some people plan what ship they want a block of and book that ship when reaching 140, 210, etc.

Yes[emoji1]. My upcoming blocks were planned for Anthem and Harmony.

Is RCI still giving C & A members glass blocks with the ship their currently sailing on etched inside at certain milestones? Or has this been discontinued? I was trying to find out what number of cruise points you need to have to earn one, but cannot find any information.

Yes, they are still doing it. We were on the Allure last week and I was able to get one.

Just received this from C&A today.

We are proud to honor our most loyal members with a milestone recognition gift: A crystal block engraved with the image and name of the ship where the milestone point was earned. The decorative block is beautifully crafted and meant to be displayed as an eye-catching reminder of your dedication to Royal Caribbean International.

The commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 Cruise Points, and every 70 Cruise Points thereafter. The gift will be delivered on the first day of your sailing. If you do not receive your gift by the end of the first night of your voyage, we encourage you to contact the Loyalty & Cruise Sales associates for assistance the following day. In order to receive this and all of your onboard benefits, as well as your Cruise Points once your sailing has completed, please include your Crown & Anchor Society membership number in all of your future reservations.

Kindly be advised that members are entitled to one milestone recognition gift per household. If you decline the receipt of your gift onboard for any reason, we are unable to order a replacement.

Proves we get could advice on these boards.:)

Don't think anything has changed since yesterday:D

Hi guys!! :)

We think the LA on the Serenade is the worst ever!! We were due for another block

about 3 days into the cruise. She told us we would not get it on that ship, as we would

get it on the next ship once our points have been posted to our account after the cruise.

HUH???!! Guess she does not know how to read the policy rules of her own company.

After correcting her, she then promised she would send us a block later (of course it never showed up).

Explained the situation to our wonderful LA on our following cruise on Enchantment, who set up

one of the best ever presentations to award us with our block (that we never got from Serenade)

and were thrilled with the framed photo of us with her and the captain, plus a certificate.

Was quite happy to get that delayed block showing the Enchantment instead.

Many others have had problems with that LA and not getting their block as well.

I try to stay away from bashing employees, but thought it was funny you noted the LA on Serenade was the worse. I don't remember her name, but I was due my 140 block on the Serenade and the LA fed me numerous inaccurate stories in my quest to get the block. She told me it would be at the welcome back party, then she told me I wasn't due one, then she told me it would be in my cabin that night and it wasn't. My room steward finally assisted in getting one for me.

I won't say the LA's block game ruined my cruise, but I have never prior to or since received such poor attitude/service from the LA.

I try to stay away from bashing employees, but thought it was funny you noted the LA on Serenade was the worse. I don't remember her name, but I was due my 140 block on the Serenade and the LA fed me numerous inaccurate stories in my quest to get the block. She told me it would be at the welcome back party, then she told me I wasn't due one, then she told me it would be in my cabin that night and it wasn't. My room steward finally assisted in getting one for me.

I won't say the LA's block game ruined my cruise, but I have never prior to or since received such poor attitude/service from the LA.

Same here. I usually never talk negative about a crew member either, but she indeed

had a bad attitude and fed everyone false information. I am not sure why she is still

in that position. She is not a people person from what I observed. :(

Same here. I usually never talk negative about a crew member either, but she indeed

had a bad attitude and fed everyone false information. I am not sure why she is still

in that position. She is not a people person from what I observed. :(

Was Yulia the LA?

Was Yulia the LA?

I am guessing it is my "senior" age, but I am terrible with names, especially

with people I would rather forget apparently. Though the name does sound

familiar, I could not say for sure if that was her name. We were on Serenade

this last February.

We received our 1st on time. After passing 420 had to call for those. We passed 490 & had no problem. In the next 2 years, we have enough points booked to take us to Pinnacle. Will see if they can keep up.

I am guessing it is my "senior" age, but I am terrible with names, especially

with people I would rather forget apparently. Though the name does sound

familiar, I could not say for sure if that was her name. We were on Serenade

this last February.

It wasn't Yulia. Yulia went to Serenade early April. In Feb she was on Anthem. We saw her on both ships and found her thorough and very efficient. That's probably why they moved her from Anthem.

Edited by cruzingduo

I noticed a category - "Chef's Choice"..............Bob, what is that?

Hi Gary! :)

Would that be the little "happy-tisers" that are delivered mid week to the cabin?

Also seem to get the chocolate covered strawberries too.

It wasn't Yulia. Yulia went to Serenade early April. In Feb she was on Anthem. We saw her on both ships and found her thorough and very efficient. That's probably why they moved her from Anthem.

Good call. The former LA that was on board in February was pretty lame.

Maybe? I am still trying to receive my block from February 2016. :mad: I have called twice and been told that we "are on the list" to receive it. The ship was out of inventory, and C&A shore side, doesn't seem to be any more responsive. :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath - I am waiting for one from October of last year.........contacted C&A and get the same old story - it is their supplier.........better get a new vendor!!!!!

Hi Gary! :)

Would that be the little "happy-tisers" that are delivered mid week to the cabin?

Also seem to get the chocolate covered strawberries too.

Good question..............everything is so inconsistent - we have set our choices of amenities and never seem to get what we requested. If it is those rice crispy treats,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yuk............shame on the Chef - poor choice!!!!

We love the chocolate covered strawberries - but it is hit or miss lately. Same thing with the bottle water and diet cokes.

Anyway - did Colin give you problems up on the Space Coast. We didn't get any "bad weather" here on the Treasure Coast - dodged another bullet!!!!

I hope that we get to cruise together again - say Hi to Bucky from us.