Glass blocks with ship for recognition

Note that if you had 19 (old) cruise points at the time of the conversion to (new) Cruise night points, you ended up at 143 points and never had a 20th cruise (the old criteria for a Block), not did you accrue a 140th point (the new criteria for your first block). I was in this situation and mentioned it to the L.A. on my next (20th) cruise; they quickly checked my record and I got the "140 block". I doubt that I would have gotten one if I hadn't brought it up.

Thom

That's what happened to us as well. We just called C and A and they mailed one to us

...The one I got actually weighed on my scale at just shy of 4 pounds, had to rearrange my suitcases to stay below airline limits :-).
I wondered what those weighed, but had not gotten around to check. I got one this May on the Liberty TransAtlantic,and had to schlep it through Barcelona, on the train to Madrid, around Madrid, to the airport, to Newark, to DC and home on the metro. I thought the suitcase was a little heavier:rolleyes:

Thom

• 1 year later...

Thats amazing y'all have to request them. We have three D+ in my family, although my SO shouldn't count. We have so many of these blocks. We have quite a few of the same ship name that I'd like to ask if I could switch them out for other ships we've sailed. I guess I could bring one still in the box on my next new ship and see if they would do that. Sometimes, I would walk into my cabin and say, Whaaaaaaaat, another one. I really do not keep track of my nights, but I'm sure they are.

I use to keep them on my cabinet at work, but since I'm planning to retire soon, I packed them up and carrried them home last week nearly getting a hernia, so yes, they will work fine as a doorstop. Good idea by the way.

We hit 140 points during our last cruise this May on the Brilliance. I went to the Loyalty Ambassador's desk to ask about the block. She confirmed we had the 140 points and said it would be delivered sometime during the cruise, which it was.

I think it's a hit or miss and you need to ask about it. I have friends that have 200+ points and have never heard of this program.

Donna

Thats amazing y'all have to request them. We have three D+ in my family, although my SO shouldn't count. We have so many of these blocks. We have quite a few of the same ship name that I'd like to ask if I could switch them out for other ships we've sailed. I guess I could bring one still in the box on my next new ship and see if they would do that. Sometimes, I would walk into my cabin and say, Whaaaaaaaat, another one. I really do not keep track of my nights, but I'm sure they are.

I use to keep them on my cabinet at work, but since I'm planning to retire soon, I packed them up and carrried them home last week nearly getting a hernia, so yes, they will work fine as a doorstop. Good idea by the way.

What do you have extra? I am willing to trade with you.

We got ours for 140 points on the Jewel last month. I e-mailed our concierge, Diego, and he contacted the Loyalty Ambassador and the block was delivered to our cabin and we were honored with six other passengers who also got theirs at the Loyalty party. It was very nice! BTW they weigh a ton. It would have tipped my luggage over the weight limit so I had to carry it back from Rome in my handbag. My poor aching shoulders!! :eek:

Note that if you had 19 (old) cruise points at the time of the conversion to (new) Cruise night points, you ended up at 143 points and never had a 20th cruise (the old criteria for a Block), not did you accrue a 140th point (the new criteria for your first block). I was in this situation and mentioned it to the L.A. on my next (20th) cruise; they quickly checked my record and I got the "140 block". I doubt that I would have gotten one if I hadn't brought it up.

Thom

I was told by C and A a few years ago after the conversion that they would not be going back and giving blocks to those who were pushed over the next block level due to the conversion.

Maybe? I am still trying to receive my block from February 2016. :mad: I have called twice and been told that we "are on the list" to receive it. The ship was out of inventory, and C&A shore side, doesn't seem to be any more responsive. :rolleyes:

Maybe? I am still trying to receive my block from February 2016. :mad: I have called twice and been told that we "are on the list" to receive it. The ship was out of inventory, and C&A shore side, doesn't seem to be any more responsive. :rolleyes:

I still have an extra NV if you ever get your SR[emoji6]

I still have an extra NV if you ever get your SR[emoji6]

And I sincerely appreciate that Carolyn. We have never experienced this sort of issue before. Receiving a paper certificate is not quite the same. This was supposed to be our duplicate Serenade block and 5th block for cruises.

~Patti :)

Sometimes it takes 4-5 Months if they are completely out of stock. Don't give up, just keep calling back every few months!

When I knew I was going to get to 140 I contacted Crown and Anchor prior to that sailing. They said they would be sending an email to Loyalty Ambassador. (At the worst, if they didn't have it on my Allure sailing it would be sent at some point to my home.) When I boarded the Allure I found the Loyalty Ambassador and yes, I was on the list and yes it would be delivered to my stateroom. Which it was. Sometimes they don't load enough blocks for the milestone recipients. I just really wanted it when I was on the ship. Before our next milestone (210) I will be calling Crown and Anchor to ask them to email the Loyalty Ambassador and I hope it will work as smoothly. And for those who say they don't keep track of their own points - everyone can easily see their points by going to the Royal Log in site. The number will show in both the "my cruises" link and the Crown and Anchor link.

We have 132 points. On our Alaska cruise We will reach 140 on the land portion of our trip. Would we get a block while still on the ship?

Fortunately for you, no.

When you get home, just call Crown & Anchor at 800-526-9723 and ask them to send it to you. MUCH easier than dragging it home with you.

:)

Are you waiting for a Serenade block? We are too. Last time I contacted them , I was told 6 to 8 weeks. It's over 8 weeks so I will be contacting them again.

We've cruised on Royal a bit and have a few. We did a B2B on the Oasis this past April. We were due for a block for the 1st leg and got to our cabin one night and it was lying on the bed.

About the middle of the 2nd leg, we returned to our cabin one night and there was another one on the bed. Not sure what happened on Royal's end but we ended up walking off the ship with 2 Oasis blocks.

Tim

Are you waiting for a Serenade block? We are too. Last time I contacted them , I was told 6 to 8 weeks. It's over 8 weeks so I will be contacting them again.

I am still waiting on my Serenade block also. It has been almost three months. :(

Yes. We are waiting for our Serenade block as well. :(