If you HAD to choose...

LoveDMB

If it came down to it & you had to choose between the Ruby & the Coral, which would you choose, if you liked both itineraries? This would be for Alaska, if that makes a difference.

If it came down to it & you had to choose between the Ruby & the Coral, which would you choose, if you liked both itineraries? This would be for Alaska, if that makes a difference.

I have been on both and I found that each one has some features that I liked better on one than on the other. That said, I would choose the Coral.

While the Crown Grill on the Ruby is great, I prefer the Coral's Bayou Cafe menu better.

The Coral has fewer passengers.

The Coral has the best promenade deck for walking or relaxing.

The Bayou show put on in the Universe lounge aft on deck 6 & 7 has been my favorite production show---even better than those I have seen in the Princess Theater.

I have been on both and would choose the Coral. A little smaller in size but still plenty to offer. The crew was fantastic! I never understood why everyone raves about the Coral till we sailed her last March. Hands down if I have a choice with the same itinerary I would choose the Coral.

I would choose the Coral. There is the aft public spaces on a number of decks. I,e, C and D which gives great views and not many passengers know about it. Wehad the aft section on C deck to ourselves on our recent panama transit. Also I would concur about the Production show in the Universe lounge it was brill!

Coral because it is for Alaska. I have a soft spot for her, and fewer passengers is helpful for going ashore in Alaska. Also the deck space on the Coral is great. I cannot tell you why precisely, but she is one of our two favorite ships in the Princess fleet. I think the simplest way to express it is the wonderful feeling we have when aboard her - she is a happy ship.

That being said, I also love the Ruby. She has a lot to offer, and I would never hesitate to cruise on her. I love the location of Sabatini's and she has Skywalker's. I happen to much prefer the Crown Grille to Bayou, but that is a matter of individual preferences. We have had wonderful cruises on her, and really enjoy the ship.

Sooo.....to make a final decision it would be a matter of convenience as far as which day and from which port either one is sailing to do Alaska. Given these two choices, you cannot go wrong IMHO, but if the convenience factor is not an issue I would take the Coral for Alaska just because...I can't put it in words.

We were on the Coral in March and just got off the Ruby June 4 after being on board 38 days. For us it's a no brainer ...the CORAL!!!

The service on the Ruby was excellent but she is far from our favorite ship. She's in big need of a face lift too. Our biggest issue with the Ruby is she has too many passengers in a limited amount of space and this becomes problematic when the weather is cold.

The photographers were overly aggressive on this cruise and make walking from aft to mid-ship on Deck 7 a real challenge. It's not just the passengers looking at their pictures blocking the way, but also the photographers seem to be deliberately blocking the passage.

We prefer the layout of the Coral and the extra space for passengers.

We had a wonderful time on the Ruby but if both ships were doing the same itinerary, our choice would be the Coral.

The Coral - for her size, space ratio, her promenade deck, the "On the Bayou" show, the "bump-out" balcony cabins with 90 degree views, to name just a few reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Coral. She is optimized for scenic cruising for Alaska and the Panama Canal. The decks all the way forward and aft are open for public viewing, not cabins. With 1,000 less passengers she doesn't feel crowded except when you try to see On the Bayou. She has real lounge chairs on the Promenade deck and you can walk around the ship all on one deck. She has a covered pool with great chairs and recliners. Cool in the Panama Canal and warm in Alaska. We have sailed on the Coral, Island and the Ruby's twin sister the Emerald. The Ruby/Emerald/Crown are fine ships, but the Coral wins hands down for a scenic cruising itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Definitely Coral Princess; I have been on both and like both; Ruby is more of a full-featured ship; but I love the quiet, unhurried ambiance on Coral Princess--much more suited to Alaska cruising.

I have been on both and would choose the Coral. A little smaller in size but still plenty to offer. The crew was fantastic! I never understood why everyone raves about the Coral till we sailed her last March. Hands down if I have a choice with the same itinerary I would choose the Coral.

Another vote for the Coral... the crew was fantastic.

The Coral! I haven't sailed her but I LOVED the Island last year and I think it is the perfect ship size for me. I felt like I could walk ANYWHERE and I rarely used the elevators - no matter where I wanted to go, it was within my less than fit ability to get there by the stairs since she has less decks and I was on Caribe, so pretty middle of the ship too. :)