First things you do when you get on board?

lmao :p , hey I dont eat from the night before, i am fasted when i get on the ship. knowing full well i will gain a good 8 pounds on board

The most I have gained on a cruise is 18lbs! And I am not a big guy by any means. I left at 170 and returned at 188. I still believe to this day, that it was 18lbs of pure muscle!

I jogged the track twice a day, swam, utilized the gym etc and all the walking, but still gained weight!

It all dropped off of me a little over a month!

Board as early as possible and to the Windjammer with everyone else for lunch. Then we explore the ship. Head to the MDR to find our table assignment, make our Chop's reservation, then wander back up to the main pool for an umbrella drink and hang out there until our room is ready.

This pretty much sums up what we do. I would add that I usually take a second to EXHALE because all of my planning and research are about to pay off because we're about to have another WONDERFUL cruise. DH is oblivious to all of the work that goes into planning a cruise. I do all the work and he pays and shows up; it a great partnership :D

So far every cruise has been a different class of ship so after lunch in the Windjammer we explore the ship and take some pictures while a lot of areas are still free of people. :cool:

This pretty much sums up what we do. I would add that I usually take a second to EXHALE because all of my planning and research are about to pay off because we're about to have another WONDERFUL cruise. DH is oblivious to all of the work that goes into planning a cruise. I do all the work and he pays and shows up; it a great partnership :D

Yes, exactly the same!

Although my exhale is usually when we leave our house for the airport. By then I've reached the "there's nothing more for me to do...my work is done" stage, and that is truly when my vacation begins.

Thoughts on what do to upon boarding a boat out of baltimore in December. Hitting the pool deck is not an option.

1) Eat (everyone's favorite past time). 2) Explore the ship. 3) Check out your cruise compass for any early activities going on . 4) Get to know your bartenders. 5) Enjoy your room!!!! ;)

Personally, I would die of starvation before going to the WJ to eat on the first cruise day.

I get a beer, then head to top deck/pool deck and get to know the bars and bartenders that I will be seeing quite a bit of throughout the cruise.

Lots of great ideas! It is pouring rain here in Central Texas so the kids and I are spending their first day of summer vacation planning out our 166 hours on board...and of course I don't plan out all things because that would be ridiculous. But it is continuing to keep us in the mood for the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Pretty boring, and very similar to the other veteran cruisers.

First stop, WJ to hunt for the missing honey stung chicken. Radiance class, WJ in back, outside to enjoy the sea-breeze. Carry-ons to our cabin, hopefully meet our cabin attendant, unpack carry-ons. Off to the MDR to check our table size and location. Back to our cabin to get ready for the solarium. Take a nap. Back to our cabin and unpack (hopefully) remainder of our luggage. Off to the pool bar for the drink of the day. Search for pre-meet-and-mingle gathering to interact with our fellow CC members. (Insert Muster here somewhere) Sail-a-way. Change for dinner and then off to the Schooner Bar.

Relax...

Leaving on July 6th on the NOS. We have cruised 3 times in the last two years, so I know what we have done when we get on board, but I would love to know what everyone does. It is DH, my DS 17 and DD 13 and myself on this vacation. We usually get on and go eat at the buffet...then get used to the ship and find our room...not very exciting. We were talking about it this afternoon...what do others like to do? Just would love your ideas! Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

First stop for us MDR to check on table location.:)

Head to the Pool Bar for a couple of cold beers, listen to the band play Caribbean tunes, watch all the happy people, breathe in the warm air and thank our lucky stars we have managed to escape the Canadian winter. THEN.......to the Solarium hot tub. OMG I am missing my ship.