Clothing question not related to formal dress

I have searched, but only find answers related to formal nights. Also, I don't know if this question is better here, or in the port of call boards, but it is ship related, no port.

On a typical evening in June, do many people need to wear long sleeve shirts while sitting on an outside deck? I tend to get a little cold sitting outside in the evening, but I live in the northern US (Michigan). I'll bring at least one long sleeve shirt, but should I plan on bringing a few? Does it get windy?

I forgot to mention we are doing the Eastern Caribbean itinerary.

Edited by CanDMan47

In the Caribbean? Hell, no! It's HOT! It will be windy near the railing, but not near the ship itself, and the wind will be quite warm...sort of like a convection oven...in July, you will NOT be cold at all. This is the tropics...not Michigan!!!

Edited by cb at sea

We always have some kind of light coverup packed just in case, but often have no need of it outside. Inside the theater is another matter. I always take a sweater or jacket to the show. It's usually freezing in there.

It's humid so to me it never feels cool inside or out. The only place I've ever been the least bit cool has been the ice rink on ships that have them of course lol.

Also you'll more than likely get a bit burnt from the sun, making that warm wind seem much cooler. And the air inside seem down right insane . Then again I am always cold. Although I am not alone as I see many people wearing wraps, sweaters and light jackets ( yes in the Caribbean in August).

I also advise a sweater or wrap for the air conditioning. The warmer it is outside, the cooler it will feel inside. But do not think that at night on the open sea (even the Caribbean) in June it is impossible to want long sleeves, a light jacket or a shawl. It is very possible, especially if your ship is cruising at 20 or more knots into a 20 or more knot headwind, or if it has rained.