Benefit cuts

Yeah, but then you most likely wouldn't get the bonus points for sailing solo.

Royal doesn't want solos on their ships. They are making this more and more clear by the day.

You will get the double points of the second person no-shows my kids had a cabin in my son was sick and my daughter got double points

My husband has coke selected on his profile and I have water selected. We always get both delivered. And we've been on a lot of cruises since this benefit started. We only get one snack box.

Yes, this is what has happened with us. One gift box, two drinks.

As a matter of fact same happened with my kids who were booked in their own cabin. One gift box, two drinks.

Edited by akcruz

1 or 2 is paying the identical 150% fare. Any reduction in discount should be applicable to 1 or 2 then by your logic.

No, your logic is screwed up, as that's certainly not mine.

However, your argument proves the point about pricing. 1 OR 2 get the 150% (BOGOHO) fare, so the discount is not impacted, just like you paying differing amounts for an inside or an oceanview but getting the same points.

However, when buying as 1, you do not pay the same price as 2 occupying that same cabin which is standard pricing. Hence, the discount is equally pro rata like the fare.

Edited by The_Big_M

The difference in my scenario is that I originally booked a balcony cabin and had the emerald discount applied. Say that cruise was priced at $1000. Once I hit diamond I should be allowed to have the diamond balcony discount applied. I can, however if the price for my cabin is now $2000, they will reprice my reservation at the $2000 price before applying the diamond discount. No upgrade in the mix, staying in the same cabin. The only difference is the level of balcony discount being applied. This did NOT happen in the past, only since the resevation system has been "upgraded".

If you change categories your reservation has to be repriced to account for the change that I get. Repricing to apply my new level of balcony discount I do not. They seem to be repricing reservations for almost all changes lately and with all their "sales" recently they are messing us up all over the place.

I also have heard if you are fortunate enough to find a price drop on your existing reservation, if you are inside the 6 month window they reduce your balcony discount as well. That did not happen in the past either. Have been there, and it stayed consistent. Only when I have changed categories, etc has the balcony discount been impacted.

I just called C&A about this, because I found out my friend is going to be eligible for the Platinum balcony discount after she cruises with me in July.

First of all, I was wrong about this in my posts above. I was unaware that RCCL had changed their pricing policy about applying balcony discounts.

The balcony discount is considered an additional "promotion" by their reservation system. So, when a promo is applied the system resets the cabin price to the current one. This change was rolled out last November/December, and since they don't have many bookings so far that it applies to (people bumping up from Plat/D/D+ to the next higher level with a balcony future booking), they are still handling these on a case-by-case basis.

Basically, you should call Resolutions at 1-800-205-9812, because the C&A rep today told me they are waiving the repricing for people who challenge it.

I asked why this didn't happen to me when I became eligible for the reduced single supplement on a future booking, and asked that it be applied. He said the single supplement is categorized differently in their system, is not considered a promotion, and doesn't trigger the repricing.

I told him to send me the RCCL Reservations Magic Decoder Ring when they have them available!!

Edited by pcur

I just called C&A about this, because I found out my friend is going to be eligible for the Platinum balcony discount after she cruises with me in July.

First of all, I was wrong about this in my posts above. I was unaware that RCCL had changed their pricing policy about applying balcony discounts.

The balcony discount is considered an additional "promotion" by their reservation system. So, when a promo is applied the system resets the cabin price to the current one. This change was rolled out last November/December, and since they don't have many bookings so far that it applies to (people bumping up from Plat/D/D+ to the next higher level with a balcony future booking), they are still handling these on a case-by-case basis.

Basically, you should call Resolutions at 1-800-205-9812, because the C&A rep today told me they are waiving the repricing for people who challenge it.

I asked why this didn't happen to me when I became eligible for the reduced single supplement on a future booking, and asked that it be applied. He said the single supplement is categorized differently in their system, is not considered a promotion, and doesn't trigger the repricing.

I told him to send me the RCCL Reservations Magic Decoder Ring when they have them available!!

Thanks! I will keep this in mind. Don't make it Diamond until after our August cruise so will try resolutions after we get back. Keeping my fingers crossed they keep it that way until then :cool:.

Edited by akcruz

No, your logic is screwed up, as that's certainly not mine.

However, your argument proves the point about pricing. 1 OR 2 get the 150% (BOGOHO) fare, so the discount is not impacted, just like you paying differing amounts for an inside or an oceanview but getting the same points.

However, when buying as 1, you do not pay the same price as 2 occupying that same cabin which is standard pricing. Hence, the discount is equally pro rata like the fare.

I think you are mistaken. The solo is paying the 100% plus 50% cruise fare plus one tax. Two people - one is paying 100% and the second is paying 50% of the fare - the only difference between what the solo pays and the two people is the solo pays one tax and two pay two taxes. In other works the solo pays the exact same fare as two people do. Therefore if the discount is reduced as you think is fair it should also be reduced for two people as they didn't pay 100% each.

I think you are mistaken. The solo is paying the 100% plus 50% cruise fare plus one tax. Two people - one is paying 100% and the second is paying 50% of the fare - the only difference between what the solo pays and the two people is the solo pays one tax and two pay two taxes. In other works the solo pays the exact same fare as two people do. Therefore if the discount is reduced as you think is fair it should also be reduced for two people as they didn't pay 100% each.

You are correct.:D

Ok, then how do you like THIS for stupid:

You are Platinum. You have 30 cruise points. You book a balcony for a cruise of 7 nights. You get $100 off! :)

You are Emerald. You have 55 cruise points. You book a balcony for a cruise of 7 nights. You get $125 off! :)

You are Diamond. You have 80 cruise points. You book a balcony for a cruise of 7 nights. You jump up to a discount of $225 off! :)

You are Diamond Plus. You have 175 cruise points. You book a balcony for a cruise of 7 nights. You get $250 off! :)

And now, finally, after accumulating SEVEN HUNDRED cruise points, the equivalent of FOUR TIMES one Diamond Plus, you now get "how much" off your balcony cabin for a 7 night cruise?

$250.

Um, really???? :confused:

I don't get the analogy, you get other benefits. Reduced solo at 350, free cruise at 700 and I think every 350 thereafter. And don't forget the Crystal block. :o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I stand corrected - that's a fair point in regards to single pricing then.

As for reductions, other promotions don't bring about a reduction in discounts so I don't see that the BOGOHO offer should.

I don't get the analogy, you get other benefits. Reduced solo at 350, free cruise at 700 and I think every 350 thereafter. And don't forget the Crystal block. :o

It's not an analogy.

It's a comparison of what increases with each level.

Pinnacle level is the only level at which the balcony discount does not increase.

Why increase it from level to level? Why not just have a "Crown & Anchor balcony discount" that is the same for everyone?

The crystal blocks have nothing to do with Pinnacle. They are awarded every 70 points beginning at 140.

The reduction in single supplement comes at 340, not 350, and has nothing to do with Pinnacle level.

The free cruises existed before Royal Caribbean created the Pinnacle level.

Your response is odd.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Why increase it from level to level? Why not just have a "Crown & Anchor balcony discount" that is the same for everyone?

To make more differences and point to the levels. If people just say I only get X for all the effort of going up a level, there's less point or motivation.

It's like that issue with Elite Plus in Celebrity which has some benefit changes, but overall produced a lot of reaction that it isn't a major/significant upgrade to many.

To make more differences and point to the levels. If people just say I only get X for all the effort of going up a level, there's less point or motivation.

It's like that issue with Elite Plus in Celebrity which has some benefit changes, but overall produced a lot of reaction that it isn't a major/significant upgrade to many.

That was a rhetorical question in response to the poster who thinks that PC should not get a higher balcony discount than D+.

Obviously *I* am arguing FOR escalating balcony discounts!!!!!

;)

O........M........G

JUST got off the phone.

I have spent time with: Janice at reservations, Sam my own on-and-off CVP, Nigel at C&A and Stacy at D+.

Stacy got on the phone with Jared from Resolutions.

Bottom line:

They are very very very very very sorry that I just spent 3+ hours on the phone with them.

They are very very very very very sorry about their computers.

They are very very very very very sorry that their IT sucks.

They gave me everything that I wanted.

EVERYTHING.

Carol is very very very very very very happy.

(For those of you who know me: I wanted this cruise in particular to work out because my sons live in Orlando, and a Freedom cruise gives me the opportunity to spend time with them for one airfare. :) )

Carol I love you! I would do the same thing. In retrospect, Royal lost money spending 3+ hours on the phone having to pay someone and you got paid for your 3+ hours for your persistence. Joe :D

I stand corrected - that's a fair point in regards to single pricing then.

As for reductions, other promotions don't bring about a reduction in discounts so I don't see that the BOGOHO offer should.

Did you actually read the OP's post? Other promotions besides the balcony discount - namely the Next Cruise Certificate onboard credit - is also reduced for solos. We pay the SAME price. Why reduce the OBC?

That was a rhetorical question in response to the poster who thinks that PC should not get a higher balcony discount than D+.

Obviously *I* am arguing FOR escalating balcony discounts!!!!!

;)

Let's just let Pinacles cruise free. Oops, it's not our company, we just think it is

This is correct. We booked a BTBTB while on a recent Transatlantic. We applied the D discount, but that cruise put us up to D+. I called when we returned from a second cruise and our BTBTB were repriced with the D+ discount. Only one leg of the 3 cruises had risen and she spoke to her supervisor and had the rate changed back to my original pricing, less the extra $25 discount.

Did you actually read the OP's post? Other promotions besides the balcony discount - namely the Next Cruise Certificate onboard credit - is also reduced for solos. We pay the SAME price. Why reduce the OBC?

How does the OP contradict my response you replied to above? And how would it be relevant given that was replying to another post anyway?

I don't see where the OP advocated that the BOGOHO offer should cause the discount to be reduced... especially since the OP is talking about the Tuesday sale.