Diamond reception wine

Will be on Jewel in August. First RCCL cruise. Have Diamond status since Elite with Celebrity. How is the wine at the nightly Diamond reception? Variety? Can you take a glass from the reception to dinner? Do they have appetizers at the reception? What are the hours of the nightly Diamond event? Is it held in the Viking lounge since Jewel has not had refurb yet?

Will be on Jewel in August. First RCCL cruise. Have Diamond status since Elite with Celebrity. How is the wine at the nightly Diamond reception? Variety? Can you take a glass from the reception to dinner? Do they have appetizers at the reception? What are the hours of the nightly Diamond event? Is it held in the Viking lounge since Jewel has not had refurb yet?

Wine will be St. Martin Cab, Merlot, Chardonnay, and Beringer White Zin.

Can you take a glass from the reception to dinner?

I haven't sailed on Jewel of the Seas, so my comments may not be accurate for your cruise, but my experience has been that although it's technically against the rules to leave the reception/lounge with your drink, it's been permitted by the staff.

During my cruise last year on the Independence of the Seas, the Concierge Lounge had a sign explicitly prohibiting taking drinks with you. When the server was refilling my wine glass, I objected (very mildly, of course), saying that we were about to leave and I didn't want to waste a full glass. He told me that it was perfectly fine to take our glasses of wine with us, so we did.

Wine will be St. Martin Cab, Merlot, Chardonnay, and Beringer White Zin.

Hi, we were on her in March, there were appetizers available, the hours then were 5-8pm, it was very crowded at 5pm but we would go along a little later and there was more space as the first seating started. When you first go in, tip the bartender, you may find you get offered a wider selection of drinks, we were very happy.