Specialty Dining Packages

retep55555

Hi, we are booked on the Solstice to NZ later in the year. Is it best to prebook the dining packages before boarding or book when on board? I read somewhere that they are sometimes offered at reduced pricing on embarkation day. We have not sailed with Celebrity before so any advice would be helpful. Our cabin is a balcony on deck 6 on the slanty part of the hump... would be interested in any pros or cons of this location. We have the classic beverage package included but seriously considering upgrading to premium package. I am mainly a wine/champagne drinker and hubby mainly beer, wine and champagne. I am keen to try the Molecular Bar as seems fun and interesting. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Sharon

We loved the slanty part ;). Great size balcony and super central to everything. Premium package rocks and the molecular bar is fantastic. As for per booking the packages, personally I wouldn't. If you prebook you have to dine at all three. We had no interest in Silk Harvest. We were able to get discounts every time we asked for Murano and Tuscan Grille

Solstice is a beautiful ship. We sailed on her last fall and loved it. We don't book dining packages as we prefer to decide on a day to day basis where we want to dine.

You didn't say whether your cabin was on the port or starboard side of the ship. There is a smoking area outside on Deck 5 mid ship. Some folks in cabins on that side have reported that they could smell the smoke when they were on their balcony.

Solstice is a beautiful ship. We sailed on her last fall and loved it. We don't book dining packages as we prefer to decide on a day to day basis where we want to dine.

You didn't say whether your cabin was on the port or starboard side of the ship. There is a smoking area outside on Deck 5 mid ship. Some folks in cabins on that side have reported that they could smell the smoke when they were on their balcony.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention as I hate cigarette smoke.... Fortunately I had read that somewhere before booking and we have booked the starboard side.

We loved the slanty part ;). Great size balcony and super central to everything. Premium package rocks and the molecular bar is fantastic. As for per booking the packages, personally I wouldn't. If you prebook you have to dine at all three. We had no interest in Silk Harvest. We were able to get discounts every time we asked for Murano and Tuscan Grille

Thank you for your input... much appreciated. When you say that you were able to get discounts when booking on board was that just advertised in the daily news?? I am assuming that you didn't get a package just booked the individual restaurants when needed. As far as the balcony goes I understand that it is longer than the average balcony cabin... does that make it hard to see out when you are inside your cabin? It maybe cold and wet in NZ so may want to view from the warmth of our cabin.... Not quite the same as cruising around the Med!! Love CC for all the valuable info you gleen.

I remember when we were on the Solstice last year, there was a staff member offering specialty dining discounts upon embarking - you couldn't miss him. Do make a point of knowing the terms and conditions should you wish to take advantage of discounted dining - I had heard that the discount was a package deal for all three restaurants and the discounted dining only applied on port days.

Thank you for your input... much appreciated. When you say that you were able to get discounts when booking on board was that just advertised in the daily news?? I am assuming that you didn't get a package just booked the individual restaurants when needed. As far as the balcony goes I understand that it is longer than the average balcony cabin... does that make it hard to see out when you are inside your cabin? It maybe cold and wet in NZ so may want to view from the warmth of our cabin.... Not quite the same as cruising around the Med!! Love CC for all the valuable info you gleen.

for the first day I just went straight to the Tuscan Grille and asked about that night. After that there was always a couple of guys selling the restaurants outside of the oceanview cafe at breakfast. When we walked by we just casually asked if there were any discounts for that night.

We didn't have any issue with seeing out and getting daylight from the inside of our cabin. We booked the same one for next year. Solstice is gorgeous.