Requesting Update on Westerdam's Neptune Lounge

sail7seas

Would appreciate if anyone who has sailed recently can confirm whether they now offer the same nibbles on the side board as all the other Neptune Lounges in the Fleet.

Makes me unhappy they seem to testing to see if Neptune Suite guests will give those small extras up without a complaint. For Pete's sake, how much can the muffin or Danish cost them in comparison to what we pay for suites?

Thank you.

Last I heard after dry dock was no change. Looks like the Westerdam lounge will need to be re-branded as "Neptune Lounge Lite".

They could even allow access to the Signature Suites and market the enhancement as "A little less lounge for a lot more suites". :D

Sailed May 17th on Westerdam in a Neptune Suite and the Neptune Lounge was wonderful. Full food service on the central round buffet area (sandwiches, deserts, veggies, etc) and sweets (cookies and cakes) on a sideboard next to coffee served by an attendant who would make coffee and get you whatever you wanted - it was enough for lunch on several days. How much more does one need? Its a lovely lounge not a lido cafe. Service from the concierge was wonderful. Zero complaints

Edited by avalon1025

Sailed May 17th on Westerdam in a Neptune Suite and the Neptune Lounge was wonderful. Full food service on the central round buffet area (sandwiches, deserts, veggies, etc) and sweets (cookies and cakes) on a sideboard next to coffee served by an attendant who would make coffee and get you whatever you wanted - it was enough for lunch on several days. How much more does one need? Its a lovely lounge not a lido cafe. Service from the concierge was wonderful. Zero complaints

This sounds like Code Red service. We got to know Code Red well on our last cruise

Aren't you the poster that was on with the CEO? That likely explains why it was well stocked. How much does one need? As much as the other Neptunes, no more or no less.

Thanks for your report.

Did they have the lovely wedges of cheese on the sideboard we could help ourselves to at lunch time?

Muffins, Danish, sweet rolls, croissants and bagels in the morning?

It isn't a matter of 'how much more does one need', it is a matter of the other fourteen ships in the fleet and as a suite guest I expect all the ships to offer the same. They charge the same per diem for commensurate sailings/dates/itineraries, why should they offer less?

Just back from the Westerdam, sailed 5/24 in a Neptune Suite. The Neptune lounge had everything we had had previously on the Oosterdam; they did have an attendant the entire cruise that served the items that were on the sideboard on the Oosterdam. Everything was right in plain view, just told her what we wanted and she put it on a plate for us. All the same food items we had previously! The Neptune team was wonderful as usual.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer!

Just back from the Westerdam, sailed 5/24 in a Neptune Suite. The Neptune lounge had everything we had had previously on the Oosterdam; they did have an attendant the entire cruise that served the items that were on the sideboard on the Oosterdam. Everything was right in plain view, just told her what we wanted and she put it on a plate for us. All the same food items we had previously! The Neptune team was wonderful as usual.

Thank you... I prefer the self service in Neptune but can 'live' with a steward serving.

Do you recall specifically if there were muffins and croissants in the morning and big wedges of cheese in the afternoon? The lemon and the marble pound cake?

Another passenger that says, they we're serving food from the side bar for the entire cruise. Question, was your cruise on code red for the entire time? Why I ask, is because on all the other Neptune's you can help yourself to what is on the side bar. Just curious why they are serving food from it. Could be that they still don't have the sneeze guard is my thinking.

Why are these items being served and not self-serve?

Yes, they had all of the items you mention! Yummy! I had read so much on the boards about this issue that I was really skeptical about the Neptune on this ship. It is something that I have really enjoyed about previous cruises and I too feel that the standard should be the same fleet wide, so I was pleasantly surprised!!

To be perfectly honest, we found it a plus to have that extra pair of hands available to help us maneuvering plates, coffee,etc. I really thought it might be a hinderance to not be able to self serve, but we actually preferred it! (And the chocolate covered strawberries were the BEST!)

Yes, they had all of the items you mention! Yummy! I had read so much on the boards about this issue that I was really skeptical about the Neptune on this ship. It is something that I have really enjoyed about previous cruises and I too feel that the standard should be the same fleet wide, so I was pleasantly surprised!!

To be perfectly honest, we found it a plus to have that extra pair of hands available to help us maneuvering plates, coffee,etc. I really thought it might be a hinderance to not be able to self serve, but we actually preferred it! (And the chocolate covered strawberries were the BEST!)

Sounds like you had items I didn't. That said, I didn't eat a lot in there. Personally, I don't like having to ask someone for a cookie, and it really slowed things down when it came to her/him making the coffee. It sounds like it worked for you ok.

On all the other ships, at breakfast there is a toaster where we can toast our own bagels, breads, English Muffins. There is always a big display of pastries and fruit (not the sliced up fruit). From about 10:30 until around 4:30 - 5 we have plates of cookies, chocolates, pound cake. We even Bunt cake on our last cruise.

Are you saying that all of that was on your Westerdam cruise?

We had pastries, raisin buns, croissants, donuts, etc. I don't believe there were English muffins, bread to toast, etc. I also don't recall a toaster on my last two Oosterdam trips, but could certainly be mistaken. No toaster on the Westerdam this trip that I saw.

We were not under Code Red and there was no explanation why it was being handled differently than other ships, but we were not lacking anything that was available on previous sailings on other ships.

Thanks for your reply NWvacationer, so here is my next question. Who was the main server of the side bar goodies- Pinnacle staff - or concierge? Oh and so I'm surmizing there was no sneeze guard on that side bar?

Edited by PathfinderEss

Thanks for your reply NWvacationer, so here is my next question. Who was the main server of the side bar goodies- Pinnacle staff - or concierge? Oh and so I'm surmizing there was no sneeze guard on that side bar?

As long as it has taken that must be one hell of a sneeze guard. Usually the PG staff serves in the NL- is really hard on them as they end up working many, many hours

We had pastries, raisin buns, croissants, donuts, etc. I don't believe there were English muffins, bread to toast, etc. I also don't recall a toaster on my last two Oosterdam trips, but could certainly be mistaken. No toaster on the Westerdam this trip that I saw.

IIRC we didn't have a toaster in the NL on our Noordam cruise. Wonder if that is now fleet wide or just select ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aren't you the poster that was on with the CEO? That likely explains why it was well stocked. How much does one need? As much as the other Neptunes, no more or no less.

The CEO was on boarding day, not for the cruise, please don't start rumors. The ship was not in code red and having someone serve you in the lounge was lovely. I saw no material differences between the westerdam and my prior cruise on the noordam. In fact I had a better experience with the NL on westerdam then on Noordam

Edited by avalon1025

On all the other ships, at breakfast there is a toaster where we can toast our own bagels, breads, English Muffins. There is always a big display of pastries and fruit (not the sliced up fruit). From about 10:30 until around 4:30 - 5 we have plates of cookies, chocolates, pound cake. We even Bunt cake on our last cruise.

Are you saying that all of that was on your Westerdam cruise?

It's was on mine, except for a toaster (a bit tacky). I asked for anything, sat down and it was brought to me