Coffee Taste Test

bonsai3s

[quote name='mytime53']We didn't set out to conduct a taste test last month on the Island Princess, but it happened. We got our coffee at the Patisserie, and then decided to go have breakfast in the dining room. Although I love my afternoon latte, I want my coffee in the morning to be black, hot, strong, and lots of it. I actually thought the coffee in the dining room of the Island to be delicious (unlike our last 2 cruises, which were on the Car. P.) and more tasty than the Patisserie fresh brewed. My main problem with the dining room coffee was that I wanted a larger cup so that it stayed hot longer, and I didn't have to wait between refills![/QUOTE]

Bring your own thermal mug.

[quote name='dorisis']Bring your own thermal mug.[/QUOTE]

Normally I do...but this was a "pack very little" cruise for me, as I was schlepping my luggage on buses and ferries for 4 or 5 days previous to the cruise, and I chose to leave several things behind that I normally have.

[quote name='skf']Dunno if this is well-known, but Princess uses heavy cream mixed with milk for Intl Café coffee. That's why it sometimes looks kinda lumpy.[/quote]
This is why I drink my coffee black. Lumpy milk is not one of the things I want in my coffee.:eek: