Hot plates?

A poster on a UK forum asked if she could take her hair straighteners on Independence. I told her she could. She has come back still worried saying that hot plates are on the list of banned items and might that mean hair straighteners! Well, no, but in order to convince her I'm going to have to tell her what hot plates are. In the UK it means devices to keep food warm but does it mean something different in the US? I can't imagine why anyone would even think of taking one of those on board.

A poster on a UK forum asked if she could take her hair straighteners on Independence. I told her she could. She has come back still worried saying that hot plates are on the list of banned items and might that mean hair straighteners! Well, no, but in order to convince her I'm going to have to tell her what hot plates are. In the UK it means devices to keep food warm but does it mean something different in the US? I can't imagine why anyone would even think of taking one of those on board.

hot plate UK = hot plate US, and are not allowed. :)

Hair straighteners are fine.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I don't know if this link works outside the US, but this shows that hair straighteners are allowed:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608

Any and all hair appliances are totally allowed. If women couldn't fix their hair, they would NOT cruise. Period.

She may bring her hair straightener, flat iron, electic curlers, crimping iron, curling iron, hair dryer, etc......not a problem.