princess sales?

ginger123snaps

Does princess ever run big sales like kids sail free promos? I have been looking for a while and have not seen anything…yet people claim they get really good deals on princess cruises. In the past few months when I have looked their prices have been higher then comparable cruises.

Does princess ever run big sales like kids sail free promos? I have been looking for a while and have not seen anything…yet people claim they get really good deals on princess cruises. In the past few months when I have looked their prices have been higher then comparable cruises.
I've never seen a "kids sail free" promo on Princess. If a particular sailing isn't filling as fast as Princess wants, they'll have a "Flash" sale for new bookings only. Occasionally, there's a promo that includes extras such as OBC but not always. Last January and February, Princess had a hard time selling the 3- and 4-day cruises and they offered a 100% credit of your cruise fare towards a future cruise.

If you're cruising with kids, be careful about waiting too long to book as Princess ships are capacity controlled. What this means is that even if you book a cabin rated for four people, you may not be able to book your kids in the cabin. The reason is that there's one lifeboat seat per passenger and if a number of cabins in your Muster area have 3-4 passengers booked in each cabin, the lifeboat seats are filled.

The best way to get a good deal is to find a good TA who discounts cruises. You can save 10-20% plus get OBC and other perks. Princess allows TAs to discount and some TAs who book a high volume of Princess cruises have great pricing, even better than Princess "sales."

I just took a look based on your post Doris and I can't find anything about a one day sale, today. I will go to some big box sites and see if it is advertised there, but what exactly is this sale. Non of my saved cruises changed price today, it wasn't on the view deals in my princess and I didn't see it on the Princess home page. Any help would be appreciated as I want to book for Jan/Feb soon.

I just took a look based on your post Doris and I can't find anything about a one day sale, today. I will go to some big box sites and see if it is advertised there, but what exactly is this sale. Non of my saved cruises changed price today, it wasn't on the view deals in my princess and I didn't see it on the Princess home page. Any help would be appreciated as I want to book for Jan/Feb soon.
Sometimes sales are regional, sometimes just for certain cabin categories, etc.

Yesterday, I received a mailing from Princess.

"Private Fares" 60% off on select dates Europe, Asia, Alaska; 45% off Caribbean.

I checked this morning. The first three, that I was interested in, were all sold out in the category I wanted. If I wanted those cruises, I would have to select other dates with regular, non-sale prices.

It felt like the old "bait and switch" ploy.

"Private Fares" 60% off on select dates Europe, Asia, Alaska; 45% off Caribbean.

I checked this morning. The first three, that I was interested in, were all sold out in the category I wanted. If I wanted those cruises, I would have to select other dates with regular, non-sale prices.

Others received the mailing before you (or did so via e-mail) and booked up those cabins.

They have had a buy one get one free sale. So, for two people it's half price. My husband and I took advantage one of the sales and went on a Mediterranean cruise a few years ago. We really felt like we got a great deal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I got an email from Princess this week with select cruises on sale on the Caribbean Princess. The prices were $150-$200 less than a couple of weeks ago for the cruise the first week of August, which is when we're looking at going. We could take a chance that the price will fall more. The cruise in a couple of weeks is $50-$100 less than the price of the August cruise. But we could also end up not going if the cruise sells out. Two of the cruises that I was tracking prices of for August are now practically sold out.

I felt the same way. We received the same mailing and called Princess immediately. We were told the cruise we were interested in had been "sold out for a while". Very disappointing.

That one day Princess sale yesterday was with one particular TA chain. It was unfortunately just for bookings made yesterday only, but included things like OBC and free prepaid gratuities. Managed to book my 2016 Asia cruise under the promo - Yes!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Nope... just the OBC which is very generous in the first place!

I whole-heartedly agree! This will be our first time cruising with Princess and I'm still trying to get all my ducks in order. Thank you for your quick response!

Kristen

:( Unfortunately, these sales are always times of the year we do NOT wish to sail.

LuLu

These sales occur through out the year with the best prices for voyages within a month of the sale starting.

It could be you are already booked when the sales you would like occur.

It was for cruises from summer of 2015 'til fall of 2016. It may have been, as you sy, only big box. That is where i heard about it and where I booked. CC doesn't allow us to name them.

It was for cruises from summer of 2015 'til fall of 2016. It may have been, as you sy, only big box. That is where i heard about it and where I booked. CC doesn't allow us to name them.

Thanks Doris, I appreciate your help. Of course I didn't find it, but it doesn't matter, I am not quite ready to book fall 2015 yet. Not sure if my DH will be retired by then and won't need to book at Thanksgiving if he is.

Thanks Doris, I appreciate your help. Of course I didn't find it, but it doesn't matter, I am not quite ready to book fall 2015 yet. Not sure if my DH will be retired by then and won't need to book at Thanksgiving if he is.

Have you subscribed to the Princess site? You will be informed of sales there. We get a lot of mail from Princess too. I have mostly found the best prices by booking really early and getting a cabin we like. I can then keep checking to see for price drops. We booked a Jan 2016 on that 1 day sale. the incentives were the reason for booking. I found out it was a one agency deal. It just so happened that the TA we use most is affiliated with that agency. he kept us informed and we got the kind of cabin we need.

Have you subscribed to the Princess site? You will be informed of sales there. We get a lot of mail from Princess too. I have mostly found the best prices by booking really early and getting a cabin we like. I can then keep checking to see for price drops. We booked a Jan 2016 on that 1 day sale. the incentives were the reason for booking. I found out it was a one agency deal. It just so happened that the TA we use most is affiliated with that agency. he kept us informed and we got the kind of cabin we need.

Yes, I am signed up for the princess emails and distress sale notifications. I get them all the time. I have booked them too on occasion. I also get emails from a few of the big online agencies, but I need to keep unsubscribing when I cruise to avoid downloading too many emails over the ships internet. So I don't get all of them. Thank you very much.