Guarantee Inside Cabin

zodiac1

UPDATE So yesterday at 4 days til sailing we received our cabin assignment. We booked lowest caregory inside gty and received a mid grade inside. I was perfectly happy with the cabin we got.

Then today, I went on the Personalizer and we were upgraded to OV midship cat. OV right at the Panoramic elevators. Couldn't be happier. We took a chance and this time it really worked out.

Good for you! Great location. If you are curious as to just how "obstructed" your view will be, you can do a search here on CC to find out. One of the members has nicely created a website with pics looking from the inside out the windows showing the views from many Princess obstructed cabins. I don't think we are supposed to post links, or I would have done it.

Edited by Ryndam2002

Good for you! Great location. If you are curious as to just how "obstructed" your view will be, you can do a search here on CC to find out. One of the members has nicely created a website with pics looking from the inside out the windows showing the views from many Princess obstructed cabins. I don't think we are supposed to post links, or I would have done it.

OK to post the link.

Only links to travel agents are not permitted.

would love to have that link. Thanks to you both.

Just make sure to check the icons on the deck plan when you get assigned your cabin. The handful of times we have booked guarantee cabins, we were "upgraded" into adjoining staterooms or 3/4 person staterooms with bunks hanging from the walls (happened on several lines, not just princess).

Thank you soo much. We got e425 on the CB which is a fabulous upgrade from an inside IF category

I think we can live with this view but more importantly, location, location,location.

I Love it!

We are 11 days out from our B2B2B cruise and still don't have a room assignment for any of the cruises. We booked the lowest category inside guarantee with a guarantee of at least the best category of inside cabins. I'm crossing my fingers for the suite! ;)

We are 11 days out from our B2B2B cruise and still don't have a room assignment for any of the cruises. We booked the lowest category inside guarantee with a guarantee of at least the best category of inside cabins. I'm crossing my fingers for the suite! ;)

We are 9 days out and nothing yet....

I now know why we still don't have a room assignment. Princess is starting the negotiation process. They are overbooked on this cruise so they offered us a deal to drop this first part of our B2B2B to Iceland and Norway leaving from Dover. We had purchased an inside guarantee (best in category for lowest price within the category...we paid for a IF, guaranteed an IA).

We were offered a 50% refund on this cruise and the other 50% can be applied to another cruise that is up to 17 days with a guaranteed balcony. We ended up turning it down since we're on a B2B2B and this was the leg that we really want to see. Also, since we live on the west coast of the US, our flight costs alone don't make it worth it. If we lived in the UK and didn't have to deal with airline tickets, it might have been worth it to take the deal.

What is interesting is that they are holding onto 50% of our money on a cruise that we wouldn't get to go on...I would want them to refund the entire cruise (since we wouldn't be on the ship!) and then give 50% toward another cruise.

Anyway, long story short...we still don't have a room (boo!), but we will be going to Iceland (yay!)!

Let us know what offers are coming your way!

Bonnie (flourpot) and Diane (djwa)

I don't understand. you booked the lowest guarantee IF. how are you guaranteed at least an IA? did you book under a special promotion?

I don't understand. you booked the lowest guarantee IF. how are you guaranteed at least an IA? did you book under a special promotion?

Yes, the promotion was to pay the lowest price in a category to receive the highest category, onboard credit, and a free dinner in a specialty restaurant.

Bonnie

Refunding you 50% and giving you the other 50% as a credit toward your next cruise is a 100% refund. Plus a two-category upgrade. It's not a bad moveover offer. I'd probably take it, fly over anyway, and use that extra time to toodle around England by car until leg 2 of the b2b2b commenced.

Yes, the promotion was to pay the lowest price in a category to receive the highest category, onboard credit, and a free dinner in a specialty restaurant.

Bonnie

was that promotion from the 3 for free deal, if so we booked one of those cruises and nothing mentioned about receiving any chances of an upgrade

Refunding you 50% and giving you the other 50% as a credit toward your next cruise is a 100% refund. Plus a two-category upgrade. It's not a bad moveover offer. I'd probably take it, fly over anyway, and use that extra time to toodle around England by car until leg 2 of the b2b2b commenced.

If we didn't have the flight cost involved, we probably would have. It didn't make sense for us to take it because of that.

was that promotion from the 3 for free deal, if so we booked one of those cruises and nothing mentioned about receiving any chances of an upgrade

It was part of the deal for ours. You pay for the lowest category and are guaranteed at least the highest category in that type of room (we paid for IF interior and are guaranteed at least an IA interior).

The way the promotion worked at one point (there were a few different "3 for free" versions) was that you could book any category within the meta for the same price -- so an IF was the same price as an IA. That was subject to availability though, so if all the IA and IB cabins were gone by the time you booked, you'd get an IC for the same price as an IF. If nothing was left by IF, then you didn't really benefit from the upgrade.

If OP's booking is an IF guarantee, they're not guaranteed anything better than an IF.

I've had a couple of little upgrades from inside cabin. Sometimes to another location in the ship. Sometimes to an oceanview. Could be as simply as they want to shift numbers around for fire regulations. I book IF guaranteed most of the time.

Edited by icat2000

The way the promotion worked at one point (there were a few different "3 for free" versions) was that you could book any category within the meta for the same price -- so an IF was the same price as an IA. That was subject to availability though, so if all the IA and IB cabins were gone by the time you booked, you'd get an IC for the same price as an IF. If nothing was left by IF, then you didn't really benefit from the upgrade.

If OP's booking is an IF guarantee, they're not guaranteed anything better than an IF.

Below is our promotion. IA was available at the time and that is what our guarantee is.

3 For Free: T&Cs - Free Upgrade and Shore Excursion Credit

Please refer to princess.com for general terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings. All Fares and Onboard Credits are quoted in US Dollars. This offer is capacity controlled, non-transferable and not combinable with select other promotions or land packages.

*Free stateroom upgrade applies to booking the stateroom location you wish to sail in for the price of the lowest category within that stateroom type. Offer is based on availability during this promotion only in like to like stateroom types (e.g. Balcony to Balcony). Offer excludes select categories. **Free shore excursion credit applies $200 per stateroom for Europe, and $100 per stateroom for Alaska voyages for cruise fares advertised in this promotion only. The applicable credit amount will be posted to your stateroom account. Credit may be used for any excursion pre-reserved online or purchased during your cruise. Credit may be used on a single voyage only. Any credit not used for shore excursions will be applied toward the stateroom account balance.

3 For Free: T&Cs- Free Specialty Dining and Reduced Deposit

***Princess will make on your behalf a reservation for a complimentary dinner dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant. Restaurants vary by ship. Specialty dining gratuities are included. One offer per stateroom. It will be at the guest's discretion as to which guest in the booking redeems the offer. Dining offer is non-transferable and specialty dining events are excluded. Offer cannot be used toward the purchase of specialty dining packages, alcoholic beverages or sodas. Princess has the right to substitute for an onboard credit of equal value, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Offer excludes Princess lodge restaurants. ****Reduced deposit of $100 per person applies to all passengers in stateroom.

Diane (djwa) and Bonnie (flourpot)

Edited by djwa

Here is the promotion we booked.

3 For Free: T&Cs - Free Upgrade and Shore Excursion Credit

Please refer to princess.com for general terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings. All Fares and Onboard Credits are quoted in US Dollars. This offer is capacity controlled, non-transferable and not combinable with select other promotions or land packages.

*Free stateroom upgrade applies to booking the stateroom location you wish to sail in for the price of the lowest category within that stateroom type. Offer is based on availability during this promotion only in like to like stateroom types (e.g. Balcony to Balcony). Offer excludes select categories. **Free shore excursion credit applies $200 per stateroom for Europe, and $100 per stateroom for Alaska voyages for cruise fares advertised in this promotion only. The applicable credit amount will be posted to your stateroom account. Credit may be used for any excursion pre-reserved online or purchased during your cruise. Credit may be used on a single voyage only. Any credit not used for shore excursions will be applied toward the stateroom account balance.

3 For Free: T&Cs- Free Specialty Dining and Reduced Deposit

***Princess will make on your behalf a reservation for a complimentary dinner dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant. Restaurants vary by ship. Specialty dining gratuities are included. One offer per stateroom. It will be at the guest's discretion as to which guest in the booking redeems the offer. Dining offer is non-transferable and specialty dining events are excluded. Offer cannot be used toward the purchase of specialty dining packages, alcoholic beverages or sodas. Princess has the right to substitute for an onboard credit of equal value, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Offer excludes Princess lodge restaurants. ****Reduced deposit of $100 per person applies to all passengers in stateroom.

Diane (djwa) and Bonnie (flourpot)